Final G.W. Speech

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Exceptional speech. Conciliatory, congratulatory and respectful to Obama...professional and classy...patriotic...and sincere.

Very well done.

delusional, dissembling, diversionary.
Claiming victories and accomplishments that don't exist and totally ducking responsibility both for 9/11, and the disastrous prosecution of a war on the wrong people.

But then, who expected anything confessional?

None of these corrupt bastards is ever gonna admit to their mistakes, much less their crimes.

Cowabanga

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Been hearing a lot about how he kept us safe all these years and that we never been attack since 9/11. None of it was true, and if anything we are more unsafe. We have been attack since the 9/11 and the people in New Orleans were not protected but instead were under the gun barrel of a non americans mercenaries for hire in the city.

Most of all that grates me is that he saying we should be grateful that he made the tough decision to screw this country, and that yes he screwed up big time, but that he had the courage to do it. Surround himself with yes man in a bubble and he had guts to make tough decision. Now it coming out with more evidence that we did in fact torture prisoner that were brought in at age 14, and now also finding out that the subsidary of Haliburton, Dynocorp is guilty of buying sex slave at the age 11 to 15 for the management on tax payers money from Bosnia. Dynocorp fired the person who blew the whistle of the crime.

I have always regard Bush as human with friality that we all have and maybe he did the best that he could with bad idealism. But these 2 story that are coming out just keep blowing my mind of how much further the corruption keeps getting. I keep saying to myself it can't get any worse with every shocking stories I hear happening from the Bush administration. Every month just keeps blowing my mind. So before the children are just casuality of war, but now they are also casuality of lude business.

So the question is, can he still be able to keep this mind blowing fuckup for 3 more days?

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
But then, who expected anything confessional?

Eh. I wasn't expecting, nor did I need to hear a revelatory mea culpa: "Katrina -- we really screwed the pooch on that one. And don't get me started on those Supreme Court nominees."

Sure, it'd be surprising and noteworthy, but I didn't demand that Clinton end his term with, "Boy, the engine wasn't even cool on the U-Haul before I threw the homos under the bus," and in fairness, I wouldn't demand the same of Bush. On the other hand, falling back on the same old talking points -- tax cuts, good vs. evil, war on terra -- that he uses in every speech left this address squarely in the realm of the mediocre.

Denby

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
As was per usual for his talks it went about as well as could be expected. Nothing new or enlightening and a dignified way of making his exit.

Cowabanga

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When a child shows you their crayon drawing of their artwork and the parents glee with enthusiasm for a wonderful job well done, the child become joyfully satisfy.

That's how it is with George Bush in his last speech, as he thinks he did a wonderful job of his crayon drawn out policy of his administration. His 30 percenters are gleefully cheering him on and he soaking it up. While patting himself on the back, that he was able to do the same thing his father did.

I think that the GOP party rebranding effort will have a tough time cleaning up this party and bring it back to the integrity of Eisenhauer's days in the office. But the same thing is happening to the Democratic party as well, and some day we will have to deal with it.

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Bush wasn't a great president. Wasn't even a good president. However, I don't think history is going to be as hard on him as some believe.

History always puts things in reasonable perspective, however being at the bottom of 44 will speak for itself.