Finally, an avatar that resembles my nick (train warning! 800x600 pics).

WessexEN

Experimental Member
Media
If you look out of the window of a passing train,
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I did a bit of "train spotting" again today, and out of what I wanted to see, I came across loads and loads of soon-to-be-scrapped 18 year old Class 442 Wesex Electric trains. As you all probably know, my nick comes from these very trains I remember as a little kid. Now refurbished, in great nick, but the fleet of 24 unts are soon to be withdrawn from the SWT network starting soon for good. Suggestions that they may go to other rail operators, strong suggestions are also pointing to a graveyard for trains in Wales, Gwent. Anyway, heres some piccies, taken at Southampton Central, after I got soaked by the weather, before I got super soaked by the weather again!
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/8770/2404rainbowcm1.jpg
2404 'Borough of Woking' and another unidentified unit (10 car train) getting the rainbow treatment, after I got soaked first time round.
http://img378.imageshack.us/img378/8276/170392and442ey1.jpg
One of the un-modded Class 442s with 170 392 (on a Romsey - Chandlers Ford - Eastleigh - Southampton - Totton service), to which, its headlight is clearly visible. No really, they are that bright in reality! The marker lights are a series of white (or blue!) LEDs however. These will soon go to First Transpennie in exchange of Class 158s, oh sorry, 159/1s now.

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/3897/2407nightac7.jpg
2407 (I think) in close company with Class 150 (left) and a Class 450 'desiro' (450 003) on the right.

Theres more on my mac, but I can't be arsed to grab them off the mac ATM.
Hopefully, this explains a lot! :)

dannymawg

Experimental Member
Media
The rainbow pic is great! If you had any gay in your profile percentage, perhaps that one should be your ava :tongue:

Trains are cool. For 5 years I rode the METRA in/out of Chicago to commute to work. Aside from petty, isolated territorial issues, it was very relaxing. An hour to read, jam music, decompress.

And I love the roar of EMD diesels :biggrin1:

Rubenesque

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Dude, listen...

You are obsessed!!! Step away from the trains!!

Actually, Freud would have been very interested in your fascination with trains.:rolleyes: :biggrin1:

I might be wrong, but I think in another thread, Wessex, you said you have Aspergers? I don't mean to be rude at all, and I apologise in advance if I offend (it's really not my intention). But don't guys with Aspergers have a tendancy to be pretty passionate about their hobbies? I knew of a guy who collected light bulbs. Also I believe that, during debates, those with Aspergers or similar are often like a dog with a bone and very reluctant to give up the fight. Am I right or wayyyyyyyy off the mark?

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
I might be wrong, but I think in another thread, Wessex, you said you have Aspergers? I don't mean to be rude at all, and I apologise in advance if I offend (it's really not my intention). But don't guys with Aspergers have a tendancy to be pretty passionate about their hobbies? I knew of a guy who collected light bulbs. Also I believe that, during debates, those with Aspergers or similar are often like a dog with a bone and very reluctant to give up the fight. Am I right or wayyyyyyyy off the mark?

WHOA!!!!!! BACK UP!!!!:biggrin1:

I take my comment back, though it was meant in jest, I swear:rolleyes:

BigA

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I did a bit of "train spotting" again today, and out of what I wanted to see, I came across loads and loads of soon-to-be-scrapped 18 year old Class 442 Wesex Electric trains. As you all probably know, my nick comes from these very trains I remember as a little kid. Now refurbished, in great nick, but the fleet of 24 unts are soon to be withdrawn from the SWT network starting soon for good. Suggestions that they may go to other rail operators, strong suggestions are also pointing to a graveyard for trains in Wales, Gwent. Anyway, heres some piccies, taken at Southampton Central, after I got soaked by the weather, before I got super soaked by the weather again!
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/8770/2404rainbowcm1.jpg
2404 'Borough of Woking' and another unidentified unit (10 car train) getting the rainbow treatment, after I got soaked first time round.
http://img378.imageshack.us/img378/8276/170392and442ey1.jpg
One of the un-modded Class 442s with 170 392 (on a Romsey - Chandlers Ford - Eastleigh - Southampton - Totton service), to which, its headlight is clearly visible. No really, they are that bright in reality! The marker lights are a series of white (or blue!) LEDs however. These will soon go to First Transpennie in exchange of Class 158s, oh sorry, 159/1s now.

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/3897/2407nightac7.jpg
2407 (I think) in close company with Class 150 (left) and a Class 450 'desiro' (450 003) on the right.

Theres more on my mac, but I can't be arsed to grab them off the mac ATM.
Hopefully, this explains a lot! :)

Dude, do u want to stay a virgin forever?

happyfeet

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think it's cute. Trains are beautiful and interesting. When I think of all the track that's been laid down in the US, alone, I get all weepy. The railroad industry amazes me.

That one with the rainbow was very nice. I agree.

It's good to be passionate about something that doesn't harm others.

WessexEN

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
But don't guys with Aspergers have a tendancy to be pretty passionate about their hobbies? I knew of a guy who collected light bulbs. Also I believe that, during debates, those with Aspergers or similar are often like a dog with a bone and very reluctant to give up the fight. Am I right or wayyyyyyyy off the mark?

Why do you think I actually want to preserve a Wessex Electric unit before they go to scrap?
Why do you think I also would love to manage a model railway in 12in to a foot scale and run it on behalf of the public?
Why do you think I can't leave the laptop at home?
Questions questions! :) (P.s. UBBW_Denise, you weren't rude at all, I have to say, I am not an expert in Aspergers either, all I know is that I was diagnoised with it, I know a bit about it and what the individuals behaviour is like, but not much else. TBH, its a recent condition, being formally diagnosed and accepted in 1944, I believe there is little known about it.)

bigA said:
Dude, do u want to stay a virgin forever? [/quote
The way things are going, yes is the short answer. I've also decided that I am better off single, because of another thread.

dannyhorse said:
And I love the roar of EMD diesels :biggrin1:
You can't beat a bit of Class 37 "thrash". Their engines sound nice.
YouTube - 37670 setting car alarms off (Not mine BTW)
Oh, don't park your car too close to one, you'll find out why.:wink:

WessexEN

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No, i think u need to get laid

Impossible task! :p
Its like one girl I like a lot and care a lot, but I won't have sex with her (even if she asked me), because I don't want to 'spoil' her body. (The same one I am running away from and the one that is now running away from me.)

dannymawg

Experimental Member
Media
You can't beat a bit of Class 37 "thrash". Their engines sound nice.
YouTube - 37670 setting car alarms off (Not mine BTW)
Oh, don't park your car too close to one, you'll find out why.:wink:

LOL... that was great! I used to have a Plymouth with a 440 and glasspacks - the same thing would happen down city streets if I romped on it :biggrin1:

And to my surprise, I find a lot of METRA stuff on youtube. This is the exact line I used! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWsp0dlpAUk

A better representation of the EMD sound, muffled due to federal noise regs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CK4Z2znx1VE

These engines don't set off car alarms... but their horns do :biggrin1:

baseball99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Its like one girl I like a lot and care a lot, but I won't have sex with her (even if she asked me), because I don't want to 'spoil' her body. (The same one I am running away from and the one that is now running away from me.)

I'm very impressed with your eloquence and tact. I've always had a special place in my heart for children living with asperger's and autism. I have been impressed countless times with the courage they possess.....I wish you the best

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

<threadjack>Asperger's Syndrome is considered part of the Autistic spectrum of neurological/psychiatric "disorders." My husband is Asperger's as well as a 2 close friends' sons, and yes, the passion about hobbies seems to be pretty universal among the aspies. I think it can be rather endearing, actually. If you're at all interested in how the Asperger's/autistic brain works, I recommend reading anything by Temple Grandin. She is considered high functioning autistic (HFA) and is absolutely fascinating.</threadjack>

Wessex, the trains are beautiful. I really like the rainbow. One of my favorite photographers is O. Winston Link-- he photographed trains at night in the US using amazingly complex lighting setups.

BigA

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

Why do you think having sex with her would be spoiling her body? That isn't saying much for yourself.

Not that I don't love your posts, but if you want to stay a virgin forever why frequent a site that is centered around sex?

WessexEN

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Why do you think having sex with her would be spoiling her body? That isn't saying much for yourself.

Not that I don't love your posts, but if you want to stay a virgin forever why frequent a site that is centered around sex?

Orignally, for a thread about ginger pubes, but really, I am open to suggestions.
I also at the time had some relationship problems as mentioned, I only just getting over all of it now, until my family started last week, which (2nd time) I have explained in another thread. Their pressurising ways recently has given me the impression that I am unsuitable in a relationship, but things may change. I am thinking of moving out as the house has to be sold in March, due to my parents divorce. (Hmmm, 'divorce', does that also answer a lot?)

And as for the next comment, ever seen someone who you think is too good looking? I consider some that way and think, err, no. Also, there is the problem of desiring to have sex too soon, I am not wishing to be like that, I just would rather get into a relationship and wait until we both feel confident with each other. I guess I am wierd, or just have different veiws on relationships.

BigPoppaFury

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ah, Aspergers syndrome, now THAT explains why you're so deeply immersed in your hobby. I have a friend who has Aspergers and is utterly utterly obsessed with music. He knows the members of every obscure death metal band this side of Norway. He is an outstanding drummer and a good guitarist and learns very quickly because his memory is quite astonishing.