Financial Crisis Not Over: FDIC in the RED

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Trinity, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Trinity

Trinity New Member

FDIC will go into the red for next four years

2. D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

This financial crisis started in 2007 and came to a head in the spring, summer and fall of 2008.

Don't get me wrong, Trinity. We all appreciate (*cough cough*) your many, many recent columns and your recent concern and your recent angst and your recent mental inundation over the United States' economic situation... but where were you in the spring and summer of 2008 when G. W. Bush was in office?

Overlooking your LPSG thread oeuvre, I see that you were very concerned with bashing Obama in the late winter and spring and summer of 2008 ---

Obama Took Himself off Michigan's Ballot

Unity,N.H.? Not So Much...

Is Obama Afraid of a Girl?

Obama Smears Himself...Refers to his Muslim Faith

Fake Unity at the Dem Convention & Rethinking the Nominee

Obama's Record On Rape Kits

But... you seem to have absolutely NO INTEREST in an actual national or international economic crisis, except, curiously, when you find opportunity to use the thing as a stick to hit Obama with --

Democrat has Detailed Economic Crisis Proposal...

Obama Holds Back on His Economic Crisis Plan

You never become actually "interested" in the country's economic woes UNTIL AFTER OBAMA IS ELECTED... with the advent of the stimulus package and Tea Parties and the partisan, organized conservative attacks.

Please forgive me if I find your recent concern and burden in the United States' fiscal and material health to be entirely counterfeit, merely one more tool in your bag of tricks to bash Obama with.

#2 D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse, Oct 2, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2009
  3. fxc1100

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    ^ Nice post WillTom27. I like what you did there with a nice educated response that didn't have any name calling but instead you pointed out what is clearly happening with facts and not just you're opinion.

It's people like you that actually keep me visiting this side of the forum.

4. D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

merci!

p.s. -- I unfortunately DO devolve into name-calling periodically. Others have pointed this out. Sometimes the passion of the moment gets to me.

#4 D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse, Oct 2, 2009
  5. sargon20

Gold Member

You will be HARD PRESSED to find ANY concern of the Entity known as Trinity's concern with anything other than hating Obama. That is the entity's singular focus on this board. Period.

If we should say discuss broccoli the Entity would tell us how Obama is actually destroying broccoli. And the US will one day have to survive without it because of Obama and if we just watched Fox News we would find out. You see there's a media blackout on what Obama is doing to broccoli.

#5 sargon20, Oct 2, 2009
  6. Trinity

Trinity New Member

No where is Obama mentioned in the OP. The three of you look like idiots. The wicked man flees though no one pursues...

My favorite part is all the back slapping like you actually said something. :rolleyes:

7. D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sargon, you know as well as I do that Itity is only concerned with the welfare of it's beloved country. Shame on you for not sharing it's sympathy for the nation in this time of economic crisis.

8. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

And right now you're probably fingering yourself because you've made one post without mentioning him. Too bad we know your honest intentions around here... you scwewy wabbit! :rolleyes:

9. D_Tintagel_Demondong

VB, those Fuddisms are fucking hilarious.

10. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    "I hate Obama" is inferred from everyone of your posts. It's not like we all suddenly forgot your history here.

11. Trinity

Trinity New Member

I have a history of first posting about a hotly contentious election where I did not support Obama as a candidate and then subsequent to Obama being elected his performance as President.

Where is "I hate Obama" in the OP or any of my posts? You can't stand to discuss the current economic situation without attacking voters because of some irrational need to protect Obama.

Deflection doesn't work when banks are failing and the FDIC is in the red.

12. D_Tintagel_Demondong

Denial is the first stage of grief.

13. Trinity

Trinity New Member

Apparently elmer fudd makes the most sense to Vinylboy and that's all he's capable of comprehending. No wonder he's fluent in the translation! :rolleyes:

14. Trinity

Trinity New Member

Silly comment. There is no grief. And Denial is what you are in...

No where in the OP is Obama mentioned. :rolleyes:

15. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    Do we need to go back and post links to EVERY anti Obama thread you have created? I think it would exceed the amount of characters that are allowed in a post. Do you think we're stupid? Do you think we can't read? You can't erase your history.

16. sargon20

Gold Member

Who put the entire country in the RED? Who turned a surplus into a multi-trillion dollar deficit? Who sold us the lie that war was free? Tax cuts were free?

17. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Wait... Twinity is NOT trying to deny that it makes threads purely for the sake of badmouthing the current administration and Obama? ROTFLMAO!!!! Oh, dat scwewy wabbit!

18. sargon20

Gold Member

It will deny the sky is blue if it makes Fox News look good and Obama and the democrats look bad. Basic arithmetic is a lie...a media blackout.

19. mynameisnobody

mynameisnobody New Member

Is anybody really silly enough to think that "bank failures and bailouts had passed"?

They're just warming up.

If you have a problem, and you fail to address its causes but instead just slap layers of increasingly expensive bandaids on top of it, you can't be surprised to find that the problem just gets worse as your debt increases.

My own opinion is that the Democratic legislature and administration are incapable of addressing any of the causes, partly because of ideology, partly because of personal financial interests of the officials involved. Thus, no structural fixes are possible until after the next elections.

Not that elections are a sure fix. The Republicans are very bad on economics, just not as bad as the Democrats, and that may not be good enough. The financial hole the country is in is deep, and getting deeper every day.

20. Trinity

Trinity New Member

The FDIC is broke.

You guys are more worried about Obama losing cool points than you are about the system that backs your money being insolvent.

George W. Bush...but he was reelected by some confused people who have to take some of the blame...and lets not forget who held the purse strings:

Nancy Pelosi and Democratically controlled Congress. They at any point and time could have legislated a change of course...but they were too busy getting sweetheart deals (Chris Dodd) not paying taxes (Charlie Rangel) and making alleged unsavory deals (Murtha).

If the American people were sold a line...the Democrats in Congress fell for it first - hook line and sinker.

Back to reality. FDIC is broke. Banks are continuing to fail.

Draft saved Draft deleted