finasteride

th3on3

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i heard that you can increase your size by taking finasteride which also goes by the name propecia, this is used by people who are losing their hair, the theory is that dht makes your penis grow during puberty, but after puberty the dht receptors arent as sensitive as when you were going through puberty wich is the reason your penis stops growing att he end of puberty, by taking finasteride for 3 weeks or a month you prevent testosterone from converting into dht which means no dht will be flowing through your body which will make the dht receptors in the penis sensitive again as if one was going through puberty again,this guy said he took finasteride for a month and then stopped cold turkey and his penis started growing rapidly over a course of 6 weeks, he wouldnt hwo much but he said it grew alot. I'm pretty sure no one on here has done this so naturally you would be skeptical but I am going to try this one day and see how it goes.

B_Italian1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
You should be skeptical. Finasteride (Proscar) reduces the size of the prostate, and a side effect was that it grew hair on the head. They reformulated it and started selling it for male pattern baldness as Propecia. Millions of men all over the world have taken Proscar and Propecia, and I have never heard of it being used to increase the size of the penis. If there are studies, I'd like to see them. My dad takes Proscar. Maybe I should ask him if he's gotten any bigger.

In my experience, finasteride actually decreased the size and strength of my erections. I rarely got morning wood or other spontaneous erections. When I stopped finasteride I noticed that my erections were firmer and seemed larger than they were before I started taking it.

DHT is a complex issue. It is not something excreted by the the body itself, but a byproduct of the natural decomposition of testosterone. The other byproduct is estrogen. DHT acts as an estrogen antagonist, meaning it blocks the effects that the estrogen would otherwise have. Block production of DHT and you're left with the unchecked effects of your testosterone breaking down into only estrogen which may well explain why some men on DHT blockers have had problems with gynecomastia, poor erections, lessening of sexual desire, poor mood, difficulty gaining and/or keeping muscle mass, and sudden urges to watch The View and shop for shoes.

One thing I learned when I went through a bout of hypogonadism is that the endocrine system is very finely balanced. You cannot remove or change one hormone, metabolite, or prohormone without its change effecting other hormones, usually to a detrimental effect. DHT does not only form in the prostate or hair follicles. It is also formed in the testes and adrenal glands themselves.

I started on Propecia when it was first released and just recently went off of it. That's 10 years right there. The more I learn about the endocrine system and the effects of taking drugs like Propecia for cosmetic reasons, the less I'm interested in going back on it.

Ineligible

1st Like
Media
I haven't checked for updates for some time, but the last I heard, the very little research available suggested that the reason why the DHT receptors become less sensitive is due to another hormone, most likely one produced by aromatisation of testosterone, rather than self-regulation; but the evidence was admittedly weak.

However, I recall that a member here, a few years ago, reported that he was prescribed finasteride (or a similar 5-alpha reductase inhibitor, I'm not certain) to curb excessive penis growth, and he lost two inches permanently (which he was happy with).

This is all rather doubtful anecdotal evidence on both sides, unfortunately. But I think it's a valid point that very many males have taken finasteride, and if it caused any dramatic results we would expect to have heard.

th3on3

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i mentioned taking it for a month then stop taking it, i doubt anyone has done that, most people probably take it for months at a time, in my opinion taking it long term would probably cause harm but taking it temporarily shouldnt

th3on3

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
finasteride would make your penis shrink because it blocks the enzyme 5 alpha reductase from converting testosterone into dht, dht is not a byproduct, scientist try to make it as if dht is a bad thing beacuse it causes baldness, but i think you can prevent baldness if you have the proper amount of minerals in your system i think that would block dht's harmful effects, most men are deficent in these minerals which is why most men lose their hair, dht is very important, it is what makes your penis grow, shrink, or stay the same size, my point was taking finasteride for a short period of time to resensitize the dht receptors, so when you discontinue the finasteride your penis grow

patro78

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
In my experience, finasteride actually decreased the size and strength of my erections. I rarely got morning wood or other spontaneous erections. When I stopped finasteride I noticed that my erections were firmer and seemed larger than they were before I started taking it.

DHT is a complex issue. It is not something excreted by the the body itself, but a byproduct of the natural decomposition of testosterone. The other byproduct is estrogen. DHT acts as an estrogen antagonist, meaning it blocks the effects that the estrogen would otherwise have. Block production of DHT and you're left with the unchecked effects of your testosterone breaking down into only estrogen which may well explain why some men on DHT blockers have had problems with gynecomastia, poor erections, lessening of sexual desire, poor mood, difficulty gaining and/or keeping muscle mass, and sudden urges to watch The View and shop for shoes.

One thing I learned when I went through a bout of hypogonadism is that the endocrine system is very finely balanced. You cannot remove or change one hormone, metabolite, or prohormone without its change effecting other hormones, usually to a detrimental effect. DHT does not only form in the prostate or hair follicles. It is also formed in the testes and adrenal glands themselves.

I started on Propecia when it was first released and just recently went off of it. That's 10 years right there. The more I learn about the endocrine system and the effects of taking drugs like Propecia for cosmetic reasons, the less I'm interested in going back on it.

Really informative post - thanks. Having had such long experience on the drug, what results did you get?

Not that DHT is bad, just that it has no function following puberty and thus its elimination from the body should not cause any negative effect. Or so goes the current thinking.

Male pattern baldness is a genetic trait. There's no way around it. You can be healthy as a horse and still lose your hair because your genes are telling your hair follicles to store DHT. Not all baldness is male pattern baldness however and in such cases, and only those cases, hair loss may attributable to different factors.

finasteride would make your penis shrink because it blocks the enzyme 5 alpha reductase from converting testosterone into dht, dht is not a byproduct, scientist try to make it as if dht is a bad thing beacuse it causes baldness, but i think you can prevent baldness if you have the proper amount of minerals in your system i think that would block dht's harmful effects, most men are deficent in these minerals which is why most men lose their hair, dht is very important, it is what makes your penis grow, shrink, or stay the same size, my point was taking finasteride for a short period of time to resensitize the dht receptors, so when you discontinue the finasteride your penis grow

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media
The only way to have this one tested is for 10 guys to take this stuff for a month and then go off it.

Finasteride is a weird substance, and in some men it has created major problems and on both ends of the scale.

I have heard of gyno, erection problems, body and facial hair losses, loss of muscle tone and gain of fat, and a number of other problems from some users of finasteride. There are a few however who experience major problems in the opposite direction.....

There is medical documentation that in a smaller percentage of men the taking of finasteride will cause an imbalance which is read by the pituitary which telegraphs the testicles to make more and more testosterone.

If you dig hard the evidence is out there on both sides of the story. Personally, from what I have read and found the guys with the loss effects far outnumber those with the gains.

christophe12

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The only way to have this one tested is for 10 guys to take this stuff for a month and then go off it.

Finasteride is a weird substance, and in some men it has created major problems and on both ends of the scale.

I have heard of gyno, erection problems, body and facial hair losses, loss of muscle tone and gain of fat, and a number of other problems from some users of finasteride. There are a few however who experience major problems in the opposite direction.....

There is medical documentation that in a smaller percentage of men the taking of finasteride will cause an imbalance which is read by the pituitary which telegraphs the testicles to make more and more testosterone.

If you dig hard the evidence is out there on both sides of the story. Personally, from what I have read and found the guys with the loss effects far outnumber those with the gains.

I have taken proscar for ages ( much cheaper than propecia, you just divide the pill into 5 equal pieces and you get the right dose per each day) and most of my hair did come back.
It is true that I noticed a lack of desire, erection, and bigger breast. I also put on weight, but is it connected to Finasteride, I do not know.
I managed then afterwards to loose some weight by drinking much less wine.
I am very interested here by one person I really hope to meet, and so having such a desire, my fantasies, masturbations and erections came back.

th3on3

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm going to try it one day when i get some extra money, and tel you what happens, Anyone ever read The Science of Sex by Kevin Pezzi? thats where I heard about it from, he alos has a seperate book on pe but he says it has nothing to do with exercises im going to buy that too to see what eh has to say

SuperNiner

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have taken Propecia for about 6 years now. I take it to prevent further frontal baldness on my widows-peakes, not for male pattern baldness on the crown. For frontal hairloss it seems to have stopped any further loss and thats good enough for me!

As to its effects on the penis, I personally haven't noticed any real effects. It hasn't made me any bigger or smaller. Nor has it seemed to effect my erections, or my libido at all. Your milage may vary.