Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
my advise would be to research your aunt, find some record of her last where abouts , then gofrom there , youhave to be sure she really disappeared, her service records? the army must have been looking for her ! the 1950 census? did she ever collect soc. security? think you need to really find out more about her first and prove she really did just disappear.then marraige records........who was her husband? did he remarry, these i think would be records that would give clues .

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
OK I just did the thing I wasn't going to do for various reasons I can't say who but I emailed a person, a high priority person I have met from a popular tv chanel. I hope she/he responds. I have alot of energy and emotion tied up in this.

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Thx NjGreg ill check it out. My other geat aunt told me the FBI cane around to ask questioons for a few yrs afterward and then that petered ot. I think I'm gonna go back to square one this week and go back to my local police station. maybe i'll get someone nicer this time. If I had a camcorder I'd make a documentaru about this!

Florida Boy

Sexy Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Thx NjGreg ill check it out. My other geat aunt told me the FBI cane around to ask questioons for a few yrs afterward and then that petered ot. I think I'm gonna go back to square one this week and go back to my local police station. maybe i'll get someone nicer this time. If I had a camcorder I'd make a documentaru about this!

If the FBI nosed around asking questions that come three years after the suspected disappearance then, there is something to it. There are also records. The trick is, as I'm sure you're aware, is getting to those records.

Good luck

D_Sherian_LaNeige

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You could try speaking to local church people and find out who the vicars/priests in the area were... they have good memories for people and everyone went to church in those days... also priests live for a long time and love to talk. The same is true of old ladies who've lived in the area for a long time.

Local council planning records might show who owned butchers' shops/pizzerias, then you could run those names through the google news archive to see if they were involved in any scandals.

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Yeah and if i hadn't worked 2 jobs for 17 yrs I woulda had more time. Now I'm not and I'm ready to get back on the trail. I have to go back home and interview the last living raltibes...my great aunt had 9 siblings and almost all are gone now. I have to get back intouch w/the 40 or so cousins to see who has pics etc...and get back to questioning at the police office.

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You could try speaking to local church people and find out who the vicars/priests in the area were... they have good memories for people and everyone went to church in those days... also priests live for a long time and love to talk. The same is true of old ladies who've lived in the area for a long time.

Local council planning records might show who owned butchers' shops/pizzerias, then you could run those names through the google news archive to see if they were involved in any scandals.

That's an interesting take on this. Thanks!

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think the funniest thing out of all of this in that I've been contacting people from tv and the press, besides NOT ONE has ever written me back is the tv people and one certain on that I've met from a law tv network. Despite the fact that I know her she's never acknowledged getting my email.
WHo reads these tv people's emails and decides what get's passed along to them??!

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
College interns. Higher up it's paid assistants.

Evidently. I still haven't heard back from:
Primetime
Dateline
Primetime Mystery
America's Most Wanted
nancy Grace
TruTv (formerly Court TV)
Jerry Capeci (the guy hat wrote the book I mentioned)
The Daily News
The New York Post
Oprah
The "Help Me" people on several local news stations
And probably 100 other people/organizations I sent letters to. I've lost count how many over the years. I NEVEr heard back from any of them.

Last edited:

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Off to bed but wanted to leave a note. I'm off to the police station again t'row to try to make some headway. I do need a camcorder to record my last (of 13 siblings) living aunts comments on my next visit home...If I can borrow one from someone....for a weekend,,, at this point and after this many years and the @ 3000 emails I've sent w/no response.....

Remember the advice of Glinda, "It's always best to start at the beginning." If you're at square one, then learn how detectives solve murders. There are some books on how to do this. Perhaps a library would have one you could check out? There must be criminology websites where people who know about this sort of thing hang out.

Just an idea here.