Finding your own LPSG nude pic in Google Image search!

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
r u saying that i shouldn't have posted naked pics of me with my social security number and full drivers license scan including home address on manhunt? lol

oh yeah and in case u wanna stalk me, i drive either a white z-71 or on perfect days a black and yellow gsxr 1500, so, no fear

PS: i realize its different for girls, kadtx.

Last edited:

D_Seymour_Dix

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Actually this is the only place (on the Internet) I have ever posted any nude pics....with close ups of that part of my body.....and with out me being in a nude / natural setting. So, to me it is sad that this site isn't more secure. And I can not blame anyone for not wanting to post any pics on here.

I am one of the most outspoken nudist people that I know.....but I never would have posted a nude pic of myself if I had known it would be so easy to google my addy and my pics to come up from LPSG. So, lesson learned.....won't do that again. Some sights are secure and others aren't.

I think you hit the nail on the head about security. If you are uploading nude photos of yourself to LPSG one would expect that only members of LPSG would have access to seem them.

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I think you hit the nail on the head about security. If you are uploading nude photos of yourself to LPSG one would expect that only members of LPSG would have access to seem them.

that may very well be YOUR expectation,

but not trying to be cynical it IS the WORLD wide web, not your living room wide web. if you have issues (work, family, military,etc.) that create a liability for you putting naked photos in a public realm then don't.

LPSG is a public site, even if they had 100% security (which exists only in theory btw.) to limit access only to members, there's still 1000s of members here, so how does that help? I dont' think it's up to the host to take on that burden.

B_bi_mmf

Expert Member
Media
I can readily google and get to my postings on LPSG (those are available to non-members), but I have not been able to find any of my photos via attempts at googling them.

Since I do not have any personal text identifiers associated with my photos (or with my postings for that matter), it seems to me that non-members who know me are extremely unlikely to stumble upon, or even to be able to ferret out, LPSG photos of me.

I would be interested in hearing how naive others think that such a point of view might be.

It seems that the biggest vulnerability here on LPSG would stem from sharing personal information with other members, who could then post our photos elsewhere with searchable identifiers included. Hopefully, we choose our online friends wisely!

yup

was actually thinking of posting a few pics when I first joined

then I was asked about a post I made; I did a google search of the subject, and the first item returned was my LPSG post

decided not to do it at that point

Last edited:

D_Seymour_Dix

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
that may very well be YOUR expectation,

but not trying to be cynical it IS the WORLD wide web, not your living room wide web. if you have issues (work, family, military,etc.) that create a liability for you putting naked photos in a public realm then don't.

LPSG is a public site, even if they had 100% security (which exists only in theory btw.) to limit access only to members, there's still 1000s of members here, so how does that help? I dont' think it's up to the host to take on that burden.

I fully agree that if you are going to post pictures of yourself that you need to take responsibility for doing so. I also understand that 100% security exists only in "theory".

However...

we're not talking about 128 bit, or for that matter 64 bit encryption. The suggestion of updating the robot.txt file to stop search spiders from scanning through the site is a minor, single line code change. I would completely agree with you that security is not a burden that the host should take on but I would argue that it is the burden of the people running the application (or the website).

I would further argue that LPSG is not a fully public site as there is a layer of 'membership' level privileges. If I can some how stumble on to photos that I should not be able to gain access to because of lack of a membership than again it's a flaw in the system.

For example, if I upload a photo and set it so that only members can view that photo, and someone finds it in google would that not be a breach of security? I mean I didn't specify that only members should be able to view it...

btw, nice cock you have there fella.

AlphaMale

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I fully agree that if you are going to post pictures of yourself that you need to take responsibility for doing so. I also understand that 100% security exists only in "theory".

However...

we're not talking about 128 bit, or for that matter 64 bit encryption. The suggestion of updating the robot.txt file to stop search spiders from scanning through the site is a minor, single line code change. I would completely agree with you that security is not a burden that the host should take on but I would argue that it is the burden of the people running the application (or the website).

I would further argue that LPSG is not a fully public site as there is a layer of 'membership' level privileges. If I can some how stumble on to photos that I should not be able to gain access to because of lack of a membership than again it's a flaw in the system.

For example, if I upload a photo and set it so that only members can view that photo, and someone finds it in google would that not be a breach of security? I mean I didn't specify that only members should be able to view it...

Very well written. :smile:

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

However...

btw, nice cock you have there fella.

i'm not a member of the geek squad so i dont' know what code would accomplish what you want to do to make urself feel less violated,

but philosophically i'm opposed to restricting content on the internet. once u start doing that we're no different than china.

as far as lpsg not being fully public goes, even u urself put "membership" in quotes, & there's no fee to join if u don't want to. it took me longer to register and log in to retrieve the i-tunes i won on a coke bottle cap the other day than it did to register and log in to lpsg originally.

so ur'e ok with 3000 people seeing ur dik on here, just not other 6.6 billion in the rest of the world? :biggrin1: interesting....

M

Mr Ed in Mass

I know this woman from a different site.they live in Illinois,but a sex dating service shows her nude pic and says that she lives in my city in Mass."Join now to meet sexy women in your neighborhood ".

Rob_E

Cherished Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Photos are not publicly viewable by Google unless the exact address is given. This only happens when someone links to the actual photo or posts the link elsewhere.

The new albums actually render the photo dynamically so even with the exact address it won't show.

Also, you can create an album and make it available only to your friends, it cannot be seen by anyone else.

That said, you should not ever share something that you want to remain private. Once shared, things can't be unshared.

Blocking search engines from accessing this site would be an effective solution, but many new members find this site through search engines.

You should also note that what you see when you are logged in is different than when you are logged out. So, make sure you are logged out before you start trying to determine what is publicly viewable. This is a common mistake.

joybunny

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I just did a search and my avatar and visitor messages posted to other members came up. I was also able to see my profile. I logged off to see if an unregistered person could see my pics. None so far. I wonder if something could be put in for that message about having to register to view could be cover viewing profiles too.

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
if you ever posted a photo of yourself on any site it's out there somewhere some body has downloaded it photo shopped their face from 30 years ago on your body and is on some site pretending to be something their not

yup

have been told my facepic appears on a gay poz dating site in their ads

I can readily google and get to my postings on LPSG (those are available to non-members), but I have not been able to find any of my photos via attempts at googling them.

Since I do not have any personal text identifiers associated with my photos (or with my postings for that matter), it seems to me that non-members who know me are extremely unlikely to stumble upon, or even to be able to ferret out, LPSG photos of me.

I would be interested in hearing how naive others think that such a point of view might be.

It seems that the biggest vulnerability here on LPSG would stem from sharing personal information with other members, who could then post our photos elsewhere with searchable identifiers included. Hopefully, we choose our online friends wisely!

anyone who actually knows me, even casually, would be able to identify me based on the information in my siggy alone, let alone the rest of my profile

once that is done, they could easily match up any pics on the site with minimal effort