Fireworks and Pets...

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
play music quite loudly so the bangs blend in with it, play a game with her, feed her stuff, not sure any of these work with birds but they did with my dogs - and don't let her feel you're worried about the effect the bangs will have on her, they pick up on your anxiety

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
play music quite loudly so the bangs blend in with it, play a game with her, feed her stuff, not sure any of these work with birds but they did with my dogs - and don't let her feel you're worried about the effect the bangs will have on her, they pick up on your anxiety

The 1812 Overture perhaps. :)

The covering up may work better, dunno never owned a bird. Hope she's ok though.

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, if she's not in her cage, then hold her on your arm & nuzzle her for a minute or two.
If she's in a cage then move it to a room with adequate ventilation & very few windows & not so directly towards the noise until it dies down.
Either rate, let her know she's not alone.

jakeatolla

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I was going to post a smart assed comment about frogs and firecrackers,
but I thought better.

I'd just crank up your stereo with some nice heavy metal. :wink:

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Mabee just re-assure her that its just fireworks, and she is ok. Whatever soothing words/music works for her, and like the other folks say, keep her near your side, so she gets de-sensitized from it.

My husky gets a kick out of rockets.
He jumps around when they go off, and is so interested. He wants to catch them as they go up.
The bigger shells he doesn't care for until he watches them launch.

Our german shephard was freaked by them. she didnt want anything to do with the 4th of july. we just left her in the house, and let her watch from the bedroom where she felt safe, and comfortable.

Overall, its a good idea to keep pets away from a fireworks launch area.
You never know when or if they will run after a lighted pyro stick thinking "I GOT IT"

We shoot the big stuff here, (3" and up shells) and a pet is the last thing you want to be tripping over after lighting a shell.

Since were on the topic, I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe 4th of July. Above all else, think safety.
(No more drunk stoopers from Corey shooting roman candles from his crotch, and bottle rockets out from his hands)

C