First and Last Time I workout in Boxers

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by darkbond007, Nov 2, 2010.

1. darkbond007

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I dont think I've ever felt so...hrmmm need a good word....SOGGY...Just not a good feeling at all.

2. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    Did you powder your bottom and groin area with Gold bond body powder?

I perspire a lot too even during the day and it was a miracle cure for me.
    Burns like hell the first time you put it on...but after that, it helped me tremendously!

3. curiouscam

curiouscam New Member

Albums:
    I can't work out in boxers. Tried it a few times and it just didn't feel comfortable, plus my balls hurt for some reason after running on the treadmill. I think it was whiplash ;)

4. catman

Gold Member

I agree, or worse yet the ride up and even LESS support. Was wearing boxer briefs and discovered jockstraps are NOT the nut crushing torture devices they were (or seemed be) 30 years ago- so work out in that now.

5. lelyal

lelyal Active Member

Agree. Jockstraps are just the right tool for the job.

6. benoweed

benoweed Member

Albums:
    Why do you Americans all want to wear jock-straps for work-out? A good pair of moisture wicking briefs are as good... and much better looking. Must be a cultural thing... You hardly ever see jocks in Europe, except in gay enviroments and then they usually are designer jocks, not the ones you would wear for sports.

7. NumberTwentySix

NumberTwentySix New Member

Honestly I think freeballing is better for most workouts, unless you're running more than a few miles and need to keep chafing to a minimum, then a jock or compression shorts are the way to go. And yes, soggy is the word. yuck.

8. Mogluver

Mogluver Member

Get a good old Bike in the wide band or the jogger/swimmer. It does the job, washes up well, and lasts a good long time. You will find that moisture will wick away and it's not as tight as compression shorts.

9. darkbond007

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Well I dont normally wear boxers to work out in. Normally its a sleep or lounge about underwear of choice. But that day I just didnt feel like packing any briefs or compression shorts. What a huge mistake. I was rubbing sweat every two mins.

10. sdbg

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I wear lightweight boxers daily. I wear mesh gym shorts to the gym. I never have issues with perspiration or feeling soggy during the weight routine. When I do the elliptical machine for cardio at the end of the workout, I work up a sweat. Still, I don't feel any worse than if I were wearing briefs. I don't like wearing snug underwear anymore, even when I work out.

11. D_Navengil Nutroll

D_Navengil Nutroll New Member

jocks and briefs make me feel like i am being choked down there. regular boxers no support. so, the best for me is a boxer brief. let me pass on a story about them that could have implications in the gym.

a few years back. sparky here decides to head for a local convenience store after waking up on a warm morning. a cup of coffee or iced starbucks in a bottle with a bagel or muffin or some such is how i like to start off a day off. so, dipstick is IN regular boxers at the time and quickly throws on a pair of mesh shorts and a tshirt to be more presentable to the outside world. ya know, no shirt no shoes no service bs.
    upon hopping in the car rapidly in this getup, a tragic thing takes place. when one is groggy, they may be less careful how they sit down quickly. doo dads may not be positioned just right and could get sat upon. as you know, this is painful. so have not worn them since. regular boxers...i spit on thee. even though the wide open feeling is nice.

12. sdbg

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    L.M.A.O.! Boxers have thier drawbacks, but for me, the advantages outweight the disadvantages. If I sit on my balls accidentally, I'm programmed to lift my body immediately and get repositioned before I sit. Conditioned response! I'm heading to the gym shortly and will wear loose lightweight boxers with my white mesh shorts. I've seen a few guys at the gym with obvious VPL in white shorts and want to get in on the fun.

13. squadleader

squadleader New Member

I grew up in an era when underwear meant white briefs, and no one would even think of sports or PE classes in any undergarment other than a jockstrap.

Quite a culture shock when I was drafted and the Army issued one size fits all, baggy olive drab boxers for basic training. It was summer and everyone sweat out our BDU's while doing PT and long heavy ruck marches, but I don't think the Drill Sgt. would have been too sympathetic to complaints about moist panties.

All I can say about boxers is that you can get used to them

14. adonimous

adonimous New Member

Albums:
    bxbfs or trunks work best for me. anything with a nice pouch. boxers during a workout is asking for trouble

15. jockmaestro

Gold Member

It's hard to answer this. Some of us grew up with jockstraps and so they're fixed in out minds as what you wear for sports, period. I know the bare ass IS kind of odd, but it's so firmly fixed in my mind that I always wear em.
    I've found many athletic briefs are not comfortable, tho I have a pair of Cin2 with an awesome pouch. Underarmour briefs, tho, totally suck. They don't have a decent pouch.
    And forget "designer" jocks. They're for sissies. Use a real man's BIKE jockstrap!

16. fri2219

fri2219 Member

Ow! Don't, just don't. Ow!

Every urologist I've ever spoken with (socially, haven't needed one professionally yet) has emphatically said to wear something that keeps everything out of the way, prevents twisting, and breathes well enough to keep you from cooking your sperm/growing up a batch of fresh microbe tea on your genitals.

Draft saved Draft deleted