First Gay Date

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by swimfan2473, Feb 24, 2009.

1. swimfan2473

swimfan2473 New Member

I meet this guy and he asked me out on a date saturday and i said yes. But im alittle nervous i haven't been on a date with a nother guy before. Ne advice

2. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

relax

have fun

3. SpeedoMike

Gold Member

listen more than talk and he'll think you are an outstanding conversationalist. take your cues from the conversation. where you go may set the stage for the evening... restaurant, movie, ball game (no pun intended), or whatever...

4. SpeedoMike

Gold Member

BTW... have a good time!

5. MovingForward

MovingForward Member

Be honest and don't play games. If you like him it's ok to call him the next day. Just dont call him more than once.

6. elrond

elrond Member

Albums:
    W-w-wait a minute. Conversation?

This is a date with no women involved. Dress for dinner, but be prepared to skip it and get right to bed.. or maybe get right to it in the car. Lucky you have his number already, or you might not be able to get it after the sex.

7. erratic

Gold Member

Just be yourself. That way if you get along you know it's genuine. If you don't get along you've saved yourself a whole pile of drudgery. It's like meeting a new friend, but with the possibility of sex. Just don't be a poser.

8. D_Myer_Dogasflees

D_Myer_Dogasflees New Member

Don't let anyone let you down, you own yourself!

It's an extraordinary (yes, that's the word i was looking for) experience :p ;)

Have fun!

9. B_dallasfoto

B_dallasfoto New Member

Allow your bisexuality to open up and play out. You will enjoy it.

10. Corius

Corius New Member

Treat it as an opening to friendship, a friendship which may become more than you dare hope for. If there is ever to be a sexual relationship it can then come about naturally and I assure you that it will then seem very right.

11. craig_uk

craig_uk Member

Albums:
    where is he taking you? you going out somewhere nice or is it just coded language for a bit of chat before you get naked? not judging - just asking what advise you were really after - you looking for a boyfriend, a friend with benefits or just sex?

12. swimfan2473

swimfan2473 New Member

well hes taking me out to a nice resturant, and im not sure what kind or relationship im looking for

13. guynmn

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Just have fun. Enjoy the meal, talk, same stuff you would do with a girl. Don't get to wrapped up in "what if" or putting a bunch of pressure on yourself about it, or put expectations out there beforehand. It is afterall one date, just a meal. Be yourself and go with it.

14. Hockeytiger

Hockeytiger Active Member

I'd suggest just being open and honest with him. Unless he's totally self centered he should see how nervous you are. At some point you should probably make sure he knows that this is all new to you and you aren't sure exactly what you are looking for.

A person being open and honest like that on a date is much more attractive than someone who is playing games. Although it does tend to add obstacles early on in the relationship, but at least it is all out there on the table to begin with and he knows what he is getting into from the outset.

As always for first dates, the point is to learn something about the other person so you can hopefully make the second one a little more meaningful. Does he like Chinese food, movies, art. monster truck rallies (lol), etc.

Best of luck to you.

15. swimfan2473

swimfan2473 New Member

thanks everyone for the advice

16. HellsKitchenmanNYC

Gold Member

Albums:
    Trust me going on a first date in yr 40's is just a nerve wrecking sometimes. ahhh deep breath.....just be yrself, the fact that you were asked on one is a good thing. Have fun, relax, be more interested in him than yrself. Mention someting about him that looks good somewhere in the converstion. Trust me yr talk will go all over the map the first time. Try not to talk about and bad relationships you've had before and try to find out more about him to see if you'd like to see him again. Good luck to you. I'm excited for you! File a report after please!

17. swimfan2473

swimfan2473 New Member

i'll let u kno how it goes

18. salsfe

salsfe New Member

How did the date go?

19. B_thickjohnny

B_thickjohnny New Member

One question now one asked is how old the guy is? Same age, slightly older or much older? It begs the question, what are YOU interested in too? Are you attracted to him for some reason? I would say, go with the flow. Let him know this is a first for you and though you enjoy his company and friendship, you're just not sure at the moment of where it might lead. I think being honest with him is a good start. If he is open with himself and wants to indeed develop a friendship (and not just looking to get into you pants) things should go well.

Good luck!

20. salsfe

salsfe New Member

Did you go on the date?
    If so how did it go?

Draft saved Draft deleted