First Love - True Love or Worst Love?

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

Account Disabled
Media
I will never have anything but good memories and words for my first love. The man i lost my virginity to. Unfortantly work made him move interstate and we lost contact. Still to this day i think about him and wonder how he is and what could have eventuated if he had of refused the job offer

yes, im a hopeless romantic

Nrets

Experimental Member
Media
I think most people become really attached to the first person they get really intimate with. It can be worst love if you connect with a person who is not going to feel the same way. It can be true love if the person loves you back. Everyone I talk to who is older than me has one person they never forget about. It makes me think that we only get one chance to really really passionately be in love. No matter how good a subsequent relationship may be.

jack65

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hello

Do you guys/girls think that the ones that stand out in your life were what some people call soul mates?,i mean the ex that you never forget which seems to be common in these posts, or is it just that it was ended by them and there was no closure?

Thank You.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Good or bad, you never forget it.

Fortunately mine was great, but she passed away, but I do still think about her and when I am back home, I always place 6 roses at her grave to acknowledge my love for her over the 6 years we had together.

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That's very sweet Osiris.

I think the lack of closure may be more common than the soul mate. At least for me it is. I don't think I've ever been in love, I think one girl did love me or was devoted to me, at least for a little while. But she was young (and naive, and psycho). That was my first proper girlfriend and I suppose I was 'finding my feet' in that regard and I did really care about her but don't think it was 'love'.

There was pretty much closure to that, she asked questions and I answered them truthfully.

Second, psuedo-girlfriend was more (completely) a sex thing. She was hot and she thought I was hot but there was no emotion and no faithfulness (on her part). So no love involved there although I did 'think' or pretend that I loved her, most likely because there was no closure and each of us would hint at 'one last time' etc although her language was always sexual ie 'I had the best orgasm thinking about you last night', 'I miss your cock' etc which is no real basis for love or any kind of meaningful relationship. The sex wasn't even that good!

But that was my attempt at a 'hot' girl. So hopefully there's still time for a first love and I hope I have the good sense to keep her :smile:

Also, picking up on what Mason said: here is a revised question/thread title:

First Love - Real Love or Puppy Love?

bek2335

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Lee, I apologize to you for my snippy comment. I didn't realize you were from Australia. I thought you were an American using faulty and pretentious language, or something ridiculous like "conversate". I stand corrected.

B_Hung Jon

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think most people become really attached to the first person they get really intimate with. It can be worst love if you connect with a person who is not going to feel the same way. It can be true love if the person loves you back. Everyone I talk to who is older than me has one person they never forget about. It makes me think that we only get one chance to really really passionately be in love. No matter how good a subsequent relationship may be.

I think this is somewhat true but I also think that the first person (girl) I fell in love with enabled me to be very vulnerable for the first time in my life. I was 15. Maybe it's that intense vulnerability and emotion toward that first love that stays with us for so long. It's funny that when we see each other now, there's a knowing and thankful feeling between us. I still care for her very much, but am also glad that it was with her and that it was mutual.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When you meet your first true love you haven't really got anything to measure it against, you haven't experienced those emotions before so they tend to feel very strong. It might not be your real true love but it's the one you measure all the ones that come after by and your first true love is usually subject to you romancing it a bit, it ended but you often build it up in your mind to be something it wasn't.