First Magnums

Discussion in 'Show Off' started by Ender, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Ender

Ender New Member

The first time i bought magnums i tried to hid it. I was mainly embarrised to be buying condoms, let along large ones. Previously i had tried flavored condoms on for my GF. I hid the box under some otehr toiletries. I get to one of those automated checkout things, adn ther was no one around. I felt in the clear. Then a 40yo woman with her 14yo daughter get in line behind me right as i swipe the condoms. I turned bright red. However when i got home and had it finaly confermed that i was larger than average i felt great. How did it go for your guys?

2. Jeremy917

Jeremy917 New Member

Northern California now, washington before
    Know what you mean, the first condoms I ever bought were magnums and I was nervous but got a male checkout clerk and he just smiled, rang it up, took my money and it was ok. But I do try for the automated but they're never there when you're buying something personal. Doesn't bother me anymore buying them, it's like anything else, you got to have them.

3. EastCoast

EastCoast New Member

when i bought magnums I had a 40+ yr old indian woman and she had no reaction at all, which was great because she was nasty:biggrin1:

4. felix20

felix20 New Member

The cashier and I were both about 16. She looked at me awkwardly for a second, and quickly scanned the condoms. I think it was more the fact that I was buying condoms than that they were magnums though. Oh well, at least they fit snugly. I have to be partially soft to squeeze into anything else.

5. spicyinthecity

spicyinthecity New Member

Albums:
    Actually, I was proud when I used magnums. Not so much for the length of my dick, but it's "girthy" and the regular ones were like cutting into the base of my dick!

6. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
    Much the same thing has happened to me a few times.

7. ben11

ben11 Member

My guess is that there are guys buying Magnums who don't need them and are praying the hot checkout girl notices.

8. Mighty Joe

Mighty Joe New Member

Voice over store loudspeaker......"NEED PRICE CHECK ON MAGNUM 24-COUNT
    CONDOMS FOR REV. SMITH'S TEENAGE SON!"

:tongue: Just kidding, of course

9. Big Ben IV

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Yeah it can be embarasing, i was talking with a friend of mine and we got to talking about protection, and i was kinda trying to say the kind I need with out actually saying it, and she said " are you trying to say you need extra large condoms?'' i said yeah and she started laughing i asked why she said " cause most guys would be like HEY I NEED SOME XL CONDOMS WANNA HELP ME PICK EM OUT" then was told im too modest about it...lol

10. PacknThick

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I dont really remember exactly how her expression was. She was quiet though. and seemed like a regular purchase. I do remember going to one drug stroe before that and them not having trojan magnums, so i had to go to a 2nd, which had em locked em in a glass, and i didnt wanna bother to get and ask for it, finally the 3rd attempt had em in the open.
    I also remember visiting afar and my cousin who couldnt drive asked for me to go pick some rubbers up for him after gasin up the tank. I said I have some now if you need, pulled out a magnum, and he was like nah, get these.... LOL, i was like sorry.

11. toobig?

toobig? New Member

It wasnt as embarrassing going through checkout as it was getting them. My girlfriend was with me and found it humorous to keep saying things like "Don't drop your MAGNUMS", "Did you remember your MAGNUMS?" I'm not sure if she thought it was funny or if she was so proud of the fact that I needed bigger ones that she had to tell the world...since all of the other guys she says she's been with have been "below average" :tongue:

12. handcuffsfan4

handcuffsfan4 Active Member

Albums:
    i borrowed a magnum from a friend whos boyfriend needs them. i just wanted to see if they fit me and it did but i get skinner near the base so it starts to slip there. so i guess when i have sex ill need to get the normal ones.

13. UncutDiggler

UncutDiggler New Member

The first time I bought magnums, at CVS when I was 17, there was an early 20-something, tall, rather buff guy working the till. He scanned them and, since it was after midnight and no one was around, he asked me in a straight guy to straight guy way how big I was to need them. I said I was a little over 8 inches and quite thick. He said "Damn, I guess I'll never need them ... just don't ruin too many women for the rest of us". He worked the late shift for a few more months and during that time the dozen or so times I came in late at night (unexpectedly having ran out) to get a new 12-pack he would just shake his head and say "You're spoiling them for the rest of us, you lucky bastard". On one of the last nights I bought some while he was still working there, he said that I was the only guy who bought them, whenever he was working anyway. It wasn't at all uncomfortable, just playful razzing, and nice to know that a good-looking, buff guy who (apart from working at CVS) could get all the girls he wanted (superficial girls, anyway) was jealous of me.

14. novice_btm

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    Well, I'm coming at it for the opposite end (no pun intended). I had a friend that needed Magnums, but the big 6'3" goof was too embarassed to buy them.
    I asked him, "Why, are you so embarassed?"
    He asked back, "Aren't you?"
    "To buy Magnums?"
    "To buy ANY condoms."
    "Hell no. It's like advertising, 'Look at me. I'm getting some' and if they were Magnums, I'd be even more all over it."
    "You're weird."
    "Me? No way... Dude, it says, 'I'm a stud, I'm safe about it, and not just sitting around wishing for it'. Gimme the money. I'll buy them, you big baby."
    I do have to admit, I did walk up to the cashier with a big grin on my face, and when the 18yr old high school clerk, doing his after-school job, scanned them, he turned totally red and couldn't look up at me. :biggrin1:

15. polytropos

polytropos New Member

My first purchase was pretty unsettling since I had to get my older brother to buy them for me (I was only 16). He gave me so much shit for it......

Interesting side note...after skipping school and going to my gf's house (her mom was at work)....we got drunk and went at it. Stupid me leaves the used condom + wrapper in her trash can to be discovered by dear old mom...I always wondered what she thought when we saw it!!

jerry

16. kwc4you2003

kwc4you2003 New Member

Magnums were not the first condoms i ever bought, but quickly learned i needed them. The first time i bought magnum condoms i was rung up by this obviously gay male in walmart. All prejustice aside, as i have many gay friends, it was very akward. It was like i could feel him looking at me thinking i was lying.
    Now its no problem. I do get comments from time to time but i'm used to them now.

17. Asdeon

Asdeon New Member

Quick Question:

Have any guys converted from Magnums to Magnum XL ?

I find Magnums tend to be pretty snug around the center while rolling down. No problem with length, but it's the girth. I'm 8x6.

Any guys with suggestions to make it fit better/roll off? Or should I try a box? I don't want an entire box to go unused...:cool:

18. rich-9.8

rich-9.8 New Member

There's only one shop I know of in the UK that sells Magnums, and none that sell XLs. I just end up buying Magnum XL condoms on the internet now. Pasante Large or Magnums will do in a pinch, but they are a little uncomfortable.

Adeson - I think you can get a free sample of Magnum XL from the trojan website.

19. Big Ben IV

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Well I got some this weekend and finally got to try em out. She was rather amused at the fact that i needed them even more so when we found they were a bit tight:rolleyes:

20. lapdog2001

Gold Member

Albums:
    Exactly how I feel about buying them! :smile:
    I've never had any cashier, male or female, young or old, do or say anything when ringing up the condoms. They were always just another item to ring up along with the other things in my order.

When I first started buying condoms I was a little embarrassed until I realized what the reason why I was buying them! Hence the quoted quote above! :wink:
    There were no Magnums, or any other larger sizes at the time, but I did notice variations in sizes and 'stretchiness' and stuck with the varieties that were the most comfortable for me. Always putting the condom on after becoming fully erect helped (still does) as it is easier to stretch a condom over a 'hard object'. :biggrin1:

Draft saved Draft deleted