First meeting sex...

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by balkanxxl, Aug 16, 2010.

1. balkanxxl

balkanxxl New Member

Albums:
    and potential of a relationship?

I have this idea in my head, not sure if its accurate, that if a person wants to have sex with you on the first meeting, they are probably not interested in more? Is this a stupid conclusion?

I met a guy recently(and I love everything about him) Def relationship material. He is more of a shy guy but I think both of our personalities worked and maybe after an hr or so, he felt quiet a bit more comfortable. In fact, he was the one making the moves. Inviting me to his place, getting close to me, reaching out to hold hands, and suggesting he wouldn't mind going all the way sexually. He said he usually doesn't but if there is a connection why not.

What do you guys think?

Furthermore, how many meetings do you think is necessary to suggest to someone you want more?

2. Viking_UK

Gold Member

Many, but not all guys want to have sex on the first meeting, so I wouldn't make any choices or decisions based on that.

My partner and I got together on a one-night stand and are still together over 15 years later.

You can't really work relationships to a timetable or schedule and if you do try to, chances are it won't work. I'd say it's a big mistake to think, "After three dates, we'll do this and after ten dates, we'll do that." It's different for different people. Just take life as it comes and enjoy it. If you work to a timetable, it stops being fun.

3. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    I think the potential for sex when first meeting is always there. I think it would be possible to have sex with someone and want more than just a one night stand.

4. B_subgirrl

B_subgirrl New Member

For me this isn't true at all. I tend to have sex with people easily, but take a very long time to decide if I want a relationship. So for me the sex seems to come early on, and at some point after that I might decide I want a relationship with them.

Example: I had sex with my ex on the night we met. After that we started to build a friendship (with occasional sex). About six months later I decided I wanted to commit to him in a relationship sense. We were together for four years in the end.

I stay friends with most of the people I sleep with (for at least a short time), so there is plenty of opportunity to decide later on that we want a relationship and not rush into things.

5. D_kop9okjm

D_kop9okjm New Member

I think it can depend on the person. I had sex with a co-worker the first time I met her (outside of the workplace, obviously), and we're still friends. We still even fuck when work gets a bit stressful. And there's been a girl that I remember that I had sex with the first time we went out, and we never went out again. Just depends.

6. SpeedoMike

Gold Member

ever hear of "recreational sex"?

7. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    I could never consider starting a relationship with someone who wouldn't ever have "meeting sex".

8. arthur

arthur New Member

Albums:
    Oh god...This ain't Meet me in St Louis...ville.

Take it as it comes. No self respecting gay man will ever judge you as 'good relationship material' on whether or not you have sex with them on the first date.... They are more likely to judge you for deeming them 'good relationship material'... it's a bit ass about tit!?!?

9. joeweekend

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Ummm, I've had sex on the first date with all four of the major relationships I've had.

Two of those lasted in excess of 12 years.

10. D_Edwin Eatser

D_Edwin Eatser New Member

I've usually always had sex on the first date. It doesn't mean you're never going to meet again, as far as I'm concerned it's the logical conclusion of getting together with someone - if you like each other, why not fuck?

However, most women I've dated have initially come out with comments like "I don't have sex on the first date" or "I need to get to know someone before having sex". Then few hours later they can't wait to get their panties off for you!

11. heist

heist New Member

Albums:
    Having compatible comfort levels is important for a relationship, too. You might just be the type to not prioritize sex (due to a number of possible reasons). If you can find someone like you, then great.

However, it is true that sexual compatibility is an important consideration to a relationship as well. Knowing how a person is sexually can be useful if sex is going to be a significant part of the relationship (even if it isn't the MOST important part of the relationship).

Draft saved Draft deleted