First Post

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by budday, Mar 25, 2005.

1. budday

budday New Member

Hi everyone! Out of courtesy I figured my first post should be a big HELLO (is there any other kind of hello on this website?)

I'm one of the high-school teachers kicking around... I see there are others. Yes all you posters, spelling and grammar DO count from now on.

You'll notice I'm from Canada so let me clear up a few things right now: my igloo does have high-speed internet, but does NOT have cable. Our country does not have missile-defence, but I do (19x13cm).

--------------------------
    "Hi everyb0dy!" - Dr. Nick Riviera

2. MisterMark

Gold Member

Albums:
    Well, ya misspelled "defense"! Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk... I know, I know. You spell it differently in Canada. :+

Welcome to the group.

3. Ineligible

Ineligible Member

Welcome, budday, and hello to you! It's a good thing you've come out of lurking mode. Now you're part of the group, not just on the outside looking in.

4. trance604

trance604 Member

Albums:
    welcome to the site fellow canadian!
    eh!

5. madame_zora

Gold Member

Welcome, budday! Typos don't count as mispellings now, do they? :p

6. blackwood

blackwood New Member

Welcome aboard Budday, Hope you enjoy the trip.

blackwood

7. naughty

Gold Member

Welcome Budday!

I like your moniker. Is it a hip form of "buddy or buddie" " Jump right in and enjoy the fray. Birng your boxing gloves though ... LOL!

Naughty

8. big_peter

big_peter New Member

That high-speed internet must be from a polar-orbit satellite, no??

(and Welcome!)

Hey.. is hockey still alive up there? Or have you all switched to curling?

9. Freddie53

Gold Member

Welcome to the group. So you spelled a word differntly. Thanks Mark. From now on, my motto is, "We spell things differently in Arkansas." Truth is I can write it out perfectly, but my fingers and my head go at different speeds on the keyboard. Also, if I were to save it and wait to send it several hours and THEN proof I would find my errors. In short I read what is supposed to be there, not what is actually there.

And I am a retired teacher teaching every grade at some point in my career. So it is good to have another teacher around. What is your subject? Mine was music and social studies. I taught middle school social studies and then moved to K-12 choral music. It is not easier, but it is different.

So, I do have long posts with mistakes froim time to time. Jump in and share. This is an unbelievable site. The number of college professors, doctors, lawyers and such is amazing. And the IQ would be very high except there are posters like me who keep it down to just significently above normal.

We have a fleshpile here on the LPSG. All are welcome, we only ask that you identify yourself. We want to know whose naked body we might be next to. You do have to remove your pants though. Jeep is in charge now of the group. It is all slapstick, fantasy, and utter nonsense. But we all get a bang out of the fleshpile.

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

10. jonb

Gold Member

Americans were the first l33tz: Sceptic became skeptic, colour became color, metre became meter, and aluminium became aluminum.

11. budday

budday New Member

hahaha it took me HOURS to figure out the whole spelling of defeounce. You use an 's', eh? Maybe this is why we can't sign that dang treaty.

big peter: Nobody is too thrilled about the NHL fiasco, but this affects TV more than anything else. Everyone is still playing hockey, and going to OHL games etc. The difference is the endless hours of curling on TV. Cool sport, but something about women yelling "hurry harrrrd!" makes me feel inadequate...

Mme. Zora: You can spell/type things any way you like! Full marks from me.

At any rate, I didn't come here to start a $p311ing b33, but thanks for the warm welcome! *grin*

12. B_Jeremy

B_Jeremy New Member

Welcome fellow Canadian! :) Canada rocks. Me and mom always have an open invitation for people to come live here with us! :evilgrin:

13. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

B_DoubleMeatWhopper New Member

Don't forget about gaol, tyre and practise! Budday, I am a high school English teacher with a MA in English Literature. I'm currently working on my doctorate. Spelling, grammar, and basic punctuation count here, too. But typos do rear their ugly heads from time to time. English is not my native language, but it is the one I use and teach daily. Who would trust an English teacher who cannot observe the rules of the subject he teaches?

14. yaoifun

yaoifun New Member

Welcome to the site! Don't worry about any spelling/grammar errors... a lot of people here from the U.S. aren't much better (no offense to anyone, I'm just saying. Especially a lot of the lurkers who post once or twice with nonsense and then leave) Hope you enjoy your stay!

15. taven

taven Member

Freddie

Slightly off the original topic, but I must say music teachers have it much harder than most people realize. My observation is that most of the good ones are overworked and burn out at at least as high or higher a rate as other teachers. No, I'm not a music teacher, but I have taught longer than many of the posters on this board have been alive. Frankly, I have former students older than Pappy.

16. Pappy

Pappy Member

Dam Taven, you must be older than dirt..hahahahahaha :wow:

Budday, welcome to the family. Enjoy your stay and the flesh piles. Speaking of flesh piles, one will be forming soon at a location near you.

17. taven

taven Member

Pappy,
    Who do you think invented dirt?

18. jonb

Gold Member

Don't forget about gaol, tyre and practise! Budday, I am a high school English teacher with a MA in English Literature. I'm currently working on my doctorate. Spelling, grammar, and basic punctuation count here, too. But typos do rear their ugly heads from time to time. English is not my native language, but it is the one I use and teach daily. Who would trust an English teacher who cannot observe the rules of the subject he teaches?
    [post=294011]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]
    Could be worse

Draft saved Draft deleted