Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
As mentioned above, my first was at 18, also a surprise. The next one after that, same doctor, was at 24, and then at every physical exam after that. So much for the theory of prostate exams are for older men!

Or you were being abused…just sayin

Reactions: Reg

Tony56

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
My first prostate exam was when I was in my early 20s while in the military. I was getting prepped for hernia surgery and they actually did a FULL physical on me beforehand. I was a bit surprised, but it was quick and professional. I have not had one since.

How old are you now ?

Reactions: LordAlfred

Number 51

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I had my first prostate exam when I was 20. I noticed blood in my urine, so I was sent to a proctologist, who did the aforementioned exam. I found the procedure very unarousing, and the proctologist found nothing wrong. The mystery was solved a couple of days later when I developed a fever and abdominal pains coupled with extreme lethargy and had to go to the hospital for an emergency appendectomy.

Reactions: mutualjax

My first prostate exam was when I was in my early 20s while in the military. I was getting prepped for hernia surgery and they actually did a FULL physical on me beforehand. I was a bit surprised, but it was quick and professional. I have not had one since.

Used to be a requirement on the entry exam, as well as your retirement physical.

Nothing exciting at all in having someone cram their finger up your ass, asking if you have "piles" and then tossing you two paper towels to "clean yourself up".

ItsAll4Kim

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Used to be a requirement on the entry exam, as well as your retirement physical.

Nothing exciting at all in having someone cram their finger up your ass, asking if you have "piles" and then tossing you two paper towels to "clean yourself up".
Yeah, but just about anything imaginable is wank fodder here....

bigbucky

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm not sure of my age when I got my first but the doctor was a little rough. my current doc does the prostate blood test and the physical exam. I don't care for the greasy glove up the butt but tolerate it. I had a female doctor for awhile and she was the gentlest and most thorough in her exam. she also gave me the "balls in hand, cough" hernia test. "Oh My!" was her comment upon cradling my large balls the first time.

Reactions: shapely

ohiorod

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
What is the "Navy position" ?
My doctor had been in the navy and apparently had his first exam there, so he called it the navy position; it involved elbows on the exam table and legs spread. He used so much KY that it took several tissues to clean it up.

tenn77

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I was in my late 40's and dreading it. The doctor is an older guy and not very patient. He told me to bend over the exam table and with not near enough lube began forcing his finger inside. I was super tight and he was grunting then pushed me down further with his hand on my back as he penetrated. He checked the prostate then pulled nearly out and checked again. Lets just say I was semi erect after that second check. All in all normal I guess, lol .

HOU_HEADHUNTER

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My first prostate exam was strangely humiliating to me because I felt I was too young to even have to have a prostate exam since I was in my early 30s. My physician wasn't concerned about my objection and pretty much made it clear that the exam was going to happen whether I wanted it or not so he instructed me to step onto a platform, drop my trousers and underwear, and lean over the table. I felt like I was bent over the table for a while as he gloved and searched for a packet of lube. I think the worst part of the whole experience for me was when he sat down on a rolling chair behind me and was spreading my cheeks apart with his cold gloved hands and smearing the lube around the outer sphincter. He held my cheeks apart for longer than necessary then gave me a heads up that I would feel a bit of pressure as he inserted his finger inside and rolled his finger around several times. After the ordeal he removed the glove and proceeded to tell me everything was looked good and proceeded to further explain something concerning prostate exams. He never gave me the instruction that it was okay for me to pull my pants up and have a seat so I'm still in an awkward position when he finally notices the embarrassment on my face. He then hands me a paper towel and tells me the exam is complete and I can wipe off and pull my trousers back up. I understand it's a common exam but my physician was very authoritative about the whole thing when he realized I didn't want the exam but after he made me commit to the exam he was like a different person. Much more pleasant with the implied "see that wasn't so bad was it?" Fellas tell me if you think it is necessary for a healthy man in his early thirties to receive a prostate exam and should I have had the option to decline.

Tony56

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Responding to the three posts above:

I agree with Herbho, for the cost of a glove and some lube and a few seconds, I, too, would say, why take a chance? There are prostate cancers that are discovered through the rectal exam. And I have personally - not on discussion boards - personally known a case of prostate cancer in the 30s and the 40s, so maybe my doctor wasn't so crazy doing them in my 20s.

As to Tenn77's post, that is not how a prostate exam is supposed to be done. I have never had one that hurt or was uncomfortable. If the doctor uses enough lube and takes his time, his finger should go up gently. And unless your prostate gland is infected - in which case you might feel some pain - when he is feeling your prostate all you will feel is that you might have to pee or cum, neither of which happens.

And Hou_headhunter - all of us have the right to refuse a medical procedure. The doctor can explain why he wants it, but he cannot force it upon you. That's the law. However, if you just relax and let the doctor do his thing, it is an easy exam and over in seconds.

I would much rather get 10 prostate exams than have one tooth drilled !

One thing that is missing from all of these discussions is that during the RECTAL exam, the doctor does the prostate exam but often is able to pull out a sample of feces which he spreads out on a special card, and puts a special solution on it, which will show the presence of blood in your stool, which can be the first sign of colon or rectal cancer. That happened to me one time during my rectal exam, the card showed signs of blood in my stool. I suspected, and it turned out to be true, that the blood was from nose bleeds that I was having because of dry air caused by heating. But again, that is one of the most simple tests you ever will have, so why not have it?

Reactions: japetty

Snozzle

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My doctor is quite good looking and knows I'm gay. First time he checked my prostate, I said "I'll try not to enjoy this too much."

(I never have enjoyed them: quite painful.)
I've sometimes told partners they seem to have an enlarged prostate and should get it checked.

Reactions: mutualjax

Baldsurfer

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Had my first one around 35. It was the first time I'd allowed any anal penetration. When girls had tried, I always stopped them. The experience was uncomfortable and made me feel nauseous to the point of almost throwing up (and that doctor was a 60-sh man with small hands!). I've gotten used to the annual ritual, but it's always still made me feel uneasy and I still can't imagine how anyone would find that pleasurable. Not judging other people's choices. Just expressing how it makes me feel...

Tony56

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Had my first one around 35. It was the first time I'd allowed any anal penetration. When girls had tried, I always stopped them. The experience was uncomfortable and made me feel nauseous to the point of almost throwing up (and that doctor was a 60-sh man with small hands!). I've gotten used to the annual ritual, but it's always still made me feel uneasy and I still can't imagine how anyone would find that pleasurable. Not judging other people's choices. Just expressing how it makes me feel...

Was it the actual physical sensation that made you feel sick, or the psychological issue of having anal penetration by another person, perhaps specifically a man?

My first one was awkward because my dad was in the room during my physical exam, but it was not physically uncomfortable, certainly not painful.

Reactions: George1848

Baldsurfer

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Was it the actual physical sensation that made you feel sick, or the psychological issue of having anal penetration by another person, perhaps specifically a man?

My first one was awkward because my dad was in the room during my physical exam, but it was not physically uncomfortable, certainly not painful.
The first one was probably a combination of physical and psychological discomfort, but years and many such exams later, it's still physically unpleasant and still triggers a slight wave of nausea.