First Race of the Summer

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by therunningman, Jun 28, 2009.

1. therunningman

therunningman New Member

Albums:
    Hey LPSGer's just thought I'd shout out - I ran my first race of the season - 5k. 26:43.8 (slightly adjusted for time crossing the starting line since they didn't have the equipment to do so). Placed 14th in my age group.

2. mako shark

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Contrats on running and placing well in the race! I pretty much run to stay in shape these days as well. I did a 5K in San Jose 3 or 4 years ago and managed to turn in a time of just under 20 minutes. This was the first time I was actually timed and had just turned 40 years old. Thinking about doing some races around the Bay Area this year.

3. therunningman

therunningman New Member

Albums:
    That is VERY impressive. 20 min at age 40 is a very respectable time. I'm hoping to push hard and get down to 20 min over the course of the next year.

4. mako shark

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Good luck runningman! May run into you at one of the local events this year, no pun intended...I don't like distance running but may try a 10K or a half marathon next (shooting for an 8 minute pace, hopefully)

5. D_Ollyvalle Treegirth

D_Ollyvalle Treegirth Account Disabled

maybe we should start a running group on LPSG --- Ive done some 10k races and half marathons....tend to do halfs a bit under 8 minute pace.
    btw anyone XL hung have any particular problems with support? Not been a problem for me.

6. Mark_UK

Mark_UK New Member

Albums:
    Very good effort, I had a cycle race today and got an eighth place averaging 27 MPH over 60 miles which very nearly killed me.
    O crossed the finish line and thought yep I am gonna throw up now, so I did ;-)

7. sdbg

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    You guys rock! Keep up the good work! I used to run routinely until my right ankle and left knee made me look elsewhere back in the '90s. I've been into cycling and love to ride. Fortunately, the injuries that grounded me from running don't affect me on the bike. Mark_UK, that's a great pace for 60 miles. It's to our advantage to find an activity that provides us with regular, demanding cardio exercise, especially as we get older.

Draft saved Draft deleted