First time naked

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by xenon-naturist, Jul 19, 2008.

1. xenon-naturist

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Although I'm now very relaxed about being naked - and in some cases, eg going to the beach, would rather be naked than not, it was very different when I was a kid.

A particular fear was that I'd be have to be naked with my father, eg when we went on a camping holiday one year. But that was set up for Brits so there were individual cubicles.

Has anyone had the experience of being somewhere where you didn't realise until too late that you all had to strip and you were suddenly faced with seeing your dad/brothers naked and them seeing you too - how did it feel ?

2. Fire Stick

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I never ceased to be amazed by the number of posts I read on this site where guys view situations involving (clearly non-sexual) nudity among their male relatives as inducing anxiety. If one is bashful with everyone, I guess I can understand it, but I would think one would be less bashful with individuals who are close to you, e.g., a brother, father, or best friend, rather than more.

Growing up, I was accustomed to seeing my father and brother naked, so it was never a big deal. I do recall attending a lakeside family reunion when I was a teenager where all the males were sharing the same room to change in and out of their swimsuits, thus providing the stage for mutual nudity with a large number of cousins and uncles. Truthfully, I remember being pretty jazzed about the opportunity to show off my boys and get a look at everybody else’s. But, hey, I am gay, so what would one expect. Nonetheless, I don’t remember anyone acting in such a way that indicated they felt awkward or uncomfortable.

3. eastbaydude

eastbaydude New Member

Albums:
    Uh, no. I was naked around my father and brothers a lot.

I grew up in the South where it's always hot. Since we didn't have a ton of money, we swam at the City pool all the time. It was 100% normal to dress/undress and shower with them.

We still shower together after working out or a golf game.

Maybe it's just me, but it seem stranger to NOT be naked aroud your family - especially your brothers.

4. D_Tyrone_Tittickler

D_Tyrone_Tittickler New Member

I swam at the local pool in my New Orleans neighborhood with my dad and brother on a regular basis. There was a changing/shower room for males and you just stripped and donned your swimming trunks. It did not feel unnatural or weird at all and, as a kid I understood that my body would undergo changes as I matured just from seeing my dad and other men. I still go swimming or to the gym with friends and I do not feel self conscious around them naked.

#4 D_Tyrone_Tittickler, Jul 20, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2008
  5. D_Stavelay Strappon

D_Stavelay Strappon New Member

As long as I can remember I was fine with being naked. Even with strangers, e.g. locker rooms. Even at urinals.

That being said, my family is an interesting case about this though.

While I have seen my 2 older brothers, 2 older sisters, mom and dad, only some of us have really been comfortable with it.

My dad is actually "cock shy" to say the least, to a lesser extent my oldest brother, and my oldest sister are all very "modest". It's been more by accident that I have seen any of the others.

However my younger brother, my youger sister, mom and I are all very comfortable with it. More than once the 4 of us have been nude together.

Is anyone else's family like this, or ?????

6. sprinter

sprinter Member

Wife sent her father and I for massages at Christmas time. Open lockerroom, gang showers, sauna and steam, all used nude, no clothes allowed. Men sitting in lounge naked in between massage/steams. Got a little bit of a chubby when I got undressed and walked into showers. Father in law and I naked pretty much whole time. Got over initial akwardness after a couple of minutes.

Draft saved Draft deleted