first time sauna goer

Discussion in 'Large Penis Personal Ads' started by D_B_Wildered, Mar 23, 2008.

1. D_B_Wildered

D_B_Wildered Account Disabled

Guys

not exactly a personal ad but maybe I can get some advice?

I'm a 40 year old bi curious guy in the UK wondering about going to a gay sauna for the first time. I've researched a bit on the net and wondered about the Portsea in london. Seems a bit smaller and less intimidating that some of the big places and I'll be near there for a meeting in a week or so. Anyone got any experience of it or suggestions?

I'm just your average 40 year old, no body builder or great catch but have a nice cock and interested in experimenting a bit so long as its not too intimidating.

Any response welcome

cheers

Zef

2. Equine74

Equine74 Member

Albums:
    Hi Zef,
    I'm sure you'll have a ball (or several, if you play your cards right LOL).
    But, seriously, going to a sauna for the first time can be intimidating, no matter whether you're gay, bi or bi-curious. The secret, I think, is to feign confidence (even if your not feeling it) and avoiding looking lecherous. Being pervy or looking desperate will just make people avoid you. Treat the sauna as you would the changing room at your gym: relax, have a wander around, have a sauna/steam/jacuzzi and try not to think about getting off/getting laid/hooking up (or whatever), leave that till later once you've got your bearings. I think you'll find that everything is a lot more chilled out than you'd expect.
    Watch what other people are doing and follow their lead. Sit with your towel open, or just go naked (if everyone else is doing it) and, since you're well hung, you'll soon find yourself getting attention. If it's unwelcome attention, then just politely say no, or move to another part of the sauna.
    I'd probably avoid making the first move, at least until you've relaxed into everything a bit.
    I've never been to the Portsea but I have been to a number of other saunas in London. I favour the Pleasuredrome, it fairly big, but relaxed and friendly and you get a wide range of guys. The Chariots saunas are also very good, but they do get a fair number of the body beautiful brigade (unless I'm in the right frame of mind I can find them a bit intimidating). The smaller saunas can sometimes be good... but, if you're feeling nervous, then I wonder whether a larger place might not be better (in larger saunas there is a greater degree of anonymity, less of a feeling that people are noticing you, so you can take things at your own pace).
    Good luck, and let me/us know how you get on.
    Eq

3. B_Hung Muscle

B_Hung Muscle New Member

I've only ever been to Chariots and to a sexclub/bar in Vauxhall. Chariots was a blast -- clean, great facilities and a lot of hot guys. Any time of day, it seems to have a great crowd. Never been to Portsea, so make sure you report back.

The London sauna scene seems to be thriving. You'll have a great time.

4. EnglishMan

EnglishMan Well-Known Member

You are much better off starting at one of the smaller Saunas. Portsea is okay, but can be a bit boring, and last time I was there it was quite grubby.

Depending on where you live, a friendly small sauna is 309 New Cross road. Friendly staff and not at all pretentious (which a lot of the bigger ones are.)
    Another intimate one is The Locker Room at Kennington.
    Both of these only charge about £10, and as a newbie you are more likely to find what you are after than one of the Chariots, which are absolutely fine, but more suited to guys who know how these dens of iniquity work.

5. D_B_Wildered

D_B_Wildered Account Disabled

Thansk for the advice guys - keep it coming and then I'll be well briefed on what to expect!

Cheers

Zef

Draft saved Draft deleted