First time sex- STD advice

necro86171

Just Browsing
Media
Okay.....so I met this girl last week....and we are really falling for each other....I think it is only a matter of time before we enagage in sex, probably this weekend.

I am virgin, I already purchased a pack of condoms the other day which I plan to put to good use. But I am wondering what are my chances of contracting something while using a condom? I have heard there are things you can get even with a condom (herpes). I don't particularly view this girl as being at high risk for STDs....but at the same time I am not sure b/c I have not asked her specifically about her sexual past. We are both young (19) and I trust her...but still. Do you think I should ask her if she has been tested or how many she has been with or am I good to go using a condom?

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I would not be afraid to ask a partner "Are you clean?"

Its a fact of life now. Its not to offend, or spread rumors, its to stay Safe.

Its a double edged sword though. YOU have to be mature enough to respect what she tells you in confidence, and NOT to spread it to the world.

There are many ways to ask, but Ive found that "Not to offend, but your clean right?" works great.

Look before you dive - Use your senses.

Do you see anything that looks Odd...rash, pimples, red spots, smell anything funny.

Your going to be Horny once the clothes fly but you MUST keep this in the forefront of your mind.
Knowing what your about to Dive into, and feeling comfortable with it, is what makes Sex more fun.

Your not going to have any fun being unsure or obsessing if your going to catch anything.

Wear a condom no matter what. - I dont care what the other boys do, or "Real men pull out before they cum" bullshit doesnt fly.

Hope this helps to prepare you for your experience, and have fun with it!
C

Frostbite

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Also, be aware that a condom isn't a magic bullet. They break and they're not guaranteed 100% effective when they don't. Not to mention the fact that condoms don't help with things like crabs, scabies, etc. Talk to her and if you feel you can't trust her answer, maybe you shouldn't sleep with her.

yellowman

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My advice is to do your homework! Find out as much as possible about her. I personally got what I thought was a serious STD from the girl I lost my virginity to. I freaked! Turns out she just had a yeast infection and a couple of (expensive) pills cleared it up. But come to find out she was a little more sexually active then she let on.

To this day I remain celibant. I have avoided it with some females that have been very close to me and though it was hard and I masturbated a lot during the times I had girlfriends, I am glad we didn't have sex b/c women tend to get really attached when you are having sex with them and they feel that you care for them (especially if the sex is good). So, I prefer to wait.

If you decide to do it, make sure you do your homework and that you are ready to accept any consequence that may occur, because nothings full-proof! My suggestion is to wait, It's not popular, espicially with hormones raging, but I would wait until I'm sure I know the girl.

Alley Blue

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
yellowman said:
My advice is to do your homework! Find out as much as possible about her. I personally got what I thought was a serious STD from the girl I lost my virginity to. I freaked! Turns out she just had a yeast infection and a couple of (expensive) pills cleared it up. But come to find out she was a little more sexually active then she let on.

To this day I remain celibant. I have avoided it with some females that have been very close to me and though it was hard and I masturbated a lot during the times I had girlfriends, I am glad we didn't have sex b/c women tend to get really attached when you are having sex with them and they feel that you care for them (especially if the sex is good). So, I prefer to wait.

If you decide to do it, make sure you do your homework and that you are ready to accept any consequence that may occur, because nothings full-proof! My suggestion is to wait, It's not popular, espicially with hormones raging, but I would wait until I'm sure I know the girl.

Great post Yellowman! Are you in your 20's?