first time you realized you were gay?

avalonlovelove

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
When was the first time you realized you were gay?For me it was when I was a kid in very subtle ways but still.My first major realization was when one of my favorite teachers son came in and he was a hunk.I had trouble not looking at him and that made the temptation even more unbearable.Oh yeah I realized I was gay when I was about around 7 or 8. I am now 25 it took me about 17 years or so to finally come to terms with the fact that I was gay and that this was something I could no longer fight.:wink: :redface:

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I realized I was "different" at an early age, as far back as I can remember. I realized I was "gay" about the time I started going through puberty (around age 11 or so...)

jcjb2002

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I always preferred looking at the boys when we played "Doctor" at a younger age but first axted on it in 5th grade.. didnt know what it meant until I found a book called "The Happy Hustler" by Grant Tracy Saxon about 6th or 7th grade.

Thats all it took..

polo71

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I first realized I was gay when I was in 4th grade.....and at the age of 24, was when I first had sex with my then first boyfriend. I havent stopped sice!!!!!

Rugbypup

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Congratulations on a very interesting thread.

I guess like some of the men on here, i kinda 'knew' i was different at an early age. However, i hid it and denyied it all my life thinking it was a phase or just something that i would grow out of and i would in time become as 'ordinary' as str8 lads. But it never went though' and instead of finding more similarities with str8 men and their worlds i just found more differences.

Its like everyone else was given an instruction manuel on how to be 'real man', a 'red blooded male' and no one told you they were handing them out.

At 26/7, i confessed to myself men really do sexually excite me more and if that was the case then bingo, im a fag, a poof, a chukney ferret, an up hill gardener, a shirt lifter, all the cold and vile names i was taugh by those around me and closest to me all me life.

Over the last couple of years, i have made peace (sorta) with the fact im probably more gay than str8, (some women still make me hot, lol) and it has been one of the most painful and emotionally difficult things ive had to face in my life so far.

Im still accepting myself and it's not easy, i still find myself in tear some nights, torn between wanting to be close to someone, open, honest, to love, to be loved and feeling like ive let everyone i love down, ashamed, embarssed and disgraced.

I know deep down, str8 men wont ever really accept me as an equal, although i often wonder if a str8 man was to take me under his wing, if he could somehow 'teach' or show me all the str8 instincts other guys have and i dont, that i might actually be a str8 guy.

Then i see a big pair of hairy topped masculine feet and rough, dark stubbly, square jawed, 6'6" brick shit house of a rugby player and i completly melt, wanting to forever be his pup and spring wood that could hammer nails into concrete, lol.

I would like to know as a man what being str8 is about but i think part of me is clearly gay and will forever be, lol.

PaulF

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I was about 8 or 9 and me and my friends use to say if you show me yours I'll show you mine.
Now I'm 43 and still say it:biggrin1:

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I had an unusually strong interest with the men's underwear section of the Sears catalog since I was a child, a facination which has since spiraled out of control.

Came out to myself at around 25. I was in denial for 10 years before then.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I remember feelings around 6 years old that it was wrong to play with my Teddy Bear like it was a doll.

In fourth grade I had a crush on girl in my class. (because she was pretty)

In sixth grade I really liked this darked haired guy in my class with beautiful blue eyes. (he was rough trade)

I guess that is when I knew.

I never kissed a guy (nor did anything with one) untill I was in my early 20's.