First True Nudist Experience this Weekend! Any tips?

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I've been meaning to tell about my first nudist experience. About 5 weeks ago I went with a friend to the nude beach on Martha's Vineyard, and about 3 weeks ago we decided to try going to a nudist resort, which is closer.

The beach on the Vineyard isn't officially a nude beach. In fact, most of the beachgoers are clothed, it's just that by long-standing tradition nudity is tolerated. To avoid exposing anyone to nudity who doesn't want to see it, most of the nude people stay at the far end of the beach, which is fairly isolated by the cliffs. Those who felt comfortable going naked were free to do so, and those that didn't want to go naked didn't. Nobody made a big deal out of it, and nobody gawked or stared. The clothed people who took walks down to the more nudity heavy end of the beach, including families with young children, didn't bat an eye at all the naked people around. It was simply a non-issue, which is exactly as it should be. I wish more beaches were like that.

The nudist resort had a more restrictive feel to it. It wasn't just a bunch of people going to the beach and getting naked if they felt like it. It was a community of people who participated in the nudist culture. It was obvious from the interactions that many of the people there knew each other well and had been going there for years. Although there were plenty of people like me who were just there for the day, there were also a lot of people who vacationed there (renting a cabin or camping in a tent or trailer) and some people even live there. (I wasn't sure if some people lived there year-round, or if it was just their summer home.) I felt like a bit of an outsider.

Nevertheless, it was a pretty place with a great view, and it was nice to hang out nude on the beach, go for a swim, go for a hike, or just walk around.

Yea soon after everyone is naked you start to pay more attention to faces and conversation since you don't really have anything else to look at...

At both the Vineyard and the resort I got the impression that it was inappropriate to check people out, except in the most discreet way. I never got the feeling that people were looking at my body or my genitals, and I did them the same courtesy. Of course you are going to see bodies and genitals, but mainly peripherally, or as a quick, casual glance. There were a couple of hot guys I would have liked to have checked out more closely, but didn't really have the opportunity to do so. You can't be looking at a guy's dick when he's looking you in the face, not even discreetly.

Being out of shape and a bit overweight (and having no ass to speak of), you'd think I'd be really shy/modest/inhibited about being seen naked, and generally I would be, but I found that I feel more comfortable at a nude beach than at a regular beach. At a regular beach, people are checking each other out. That's part of the beach experience. Part of the fun in going to the beach is to look at all the hot bodies, or, if you've got a hot body yourself, to show it off. Alas, people aren't always that kind if you're out of shape, or if you're just not that young anymore.

But at a nude beach or resort, at least the two that I've been to, it's not about seeing other people naked, nor is it about being seen naked. It's about simply being naked, and not having anyone offended by it or thinking that you're perverted or immoral for it.

I'm guessing that a lot of people, even folks at LPSG, may have difficulty understanding why anyone would want to be nude in the first place. That could be a lengthy discussion in and of itself, but for now I'll just say that it simply feels good to be naked, especially outdoors--to feel the sun and air on your skin. Once you get over the initial awkwardness of it, it feels very natural and very liberating. It's especially nice in hot weather, because you get the cooling effect of evaporating sweat rather than feeling all sticky and itchy. And if you've never swum naked, you'd be amazed at how different it feels, and how much better it is. Once you've tried it, wearing a bathing suit to go swimming is about as appealing as wearing one to shower or bathe.

Walking around naked felt especially weird to me at first. Having spent most of my life wearing clothes at almost all times, except for showering, sleeping, or having sex, I'd never really walked around naked before. As a man, it's a very interesting sensation to feel your cock and balls swinging and bouncing around, completely unrestrained by clothing. It's different even from freeballing. It felt odd at first, but after a while I really began to like it. I had this awareness that this was how nature designed me, how nature intended me to experience the world around me. I hope it's not too goofy to say that I felt a bit of kinship with people in those few remaining tribal societies where little if any clothing is ever worn, because there simply is no need for it.

Plus, in spite of being out of shape, compared to most other nudists, I'm young and hot. :biggrin1:

jerkdude75

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm assuming you mean Aquinnah on Martha's Vineyard? That was my very first nude beach experience about 2 years back. Haven't been back there, but it was truly transformative and fun. Just went to Fire Island for the first time Monday. Loved seeing so many people nude. Half the people were clothed and the other half weren't. So cool. It won't be my last time.

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm assuming you mean Aquinnah on Martha's Vineyard? That was my very first nude beach experience about 2 years back. Haven't been back there, but it was truly transformative and fun. Just went to Fire Island for the first time Monday...

Yup, that's the place. I've been invited to go back on Aug. 22 and/or on Sept. 5. I hope to make it for at least one of those days.

I've never been to Fire Island. I've heard of it, of course, but I don't know much about it. I should look into it.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
......It's about simply being naked, and not having anyone offended by it or thinking that you're perverted or immoral for it.

Yep...

I'm guessing that a lot of people, even folks at LPSG, may have difficulty understanding why anyone would want to be nude in the first place.

Nope...

I hope it's not too goofy to say that I felt a bit of kinship with people in those few remaining tribal societies where little if any clothing is ever worn, because there simply is no need for it.

Nope...

D_Ollyvalle Treegirth

Account Disabled
Media
hey your post was months ago so Im sure the event has happened! But Im a great fan of outdoor nudity and do it when I get a chance (not often enough). My feeling is, the first-timer anxiety about getting hard is usually misplaced...for some reason it rarely happens. Much as I love being nude, and love sex, I find seeing a bunch of people all nude (most of them arent usually in great shape btw) is somehow not arousing. I never felt uncomfortable, but never really felt turned on either. Just enjoy the socializing! Seems being nude makes ppl drop all sorts of pretensions, assumptions, snobbery, etc...

Media
I used to belong to a naturist resort. It was fabulous. Some did actually live there year round. Some had trailers that were more or less permanently installed. Stillothers woul rent a cabin ( us) and then others were just day visitors. We always had a potluck and dance Friday and saturday evenings so it made it a very close community. There was doctors, lawyers, a judge or two, and every other walk of life there. Really super folks mostly. I knew there was also a swingers group, but that was not our scene. I have also been to beaches but you do see a lot more pervs thhere. I loved the resort life.

mattsrod7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Walking around naked felt especially weird to me at first. Having spent most of my life wearing clothes at almost all times, except for showering, sleeping, or having sex, I'd never really walked around naked before. As a man, it's a very interesting sensation to feel your cock and balls swinging and bouncing around, completely unrestrained by clothing. It's different even from freeballing. It felt odd at first, but after a while I really began to like it. I had this awareness that this was how nature designed me, how nature intended me to experience the world around me. :biggrin1:

This is how I felt. When I was at the beach I went to the end of the beach where no one was for it seemed a mile on each side. I took off all my clothes and just stood there in the sun and walked along the water. It felt awesome to feel the sweat drop from your chest to your toe, like feeling it trail your body on the way down. My sac just swinging, stickin to my thighs, cock to and fro. Def. wanna do it again soon. Would be a good reason to get a house in the rural area somewhere far enough to where you can just live a naturalist lifestyle in a way.

Hanger2

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I have been a nudist most of my life, except for the puberty years when shyness was a problem. I just hate to wear clothes. I long for summer when I can lose my clothes again. Working from home helps.

I was once told by a friend that the company where she worked had one of their staff meetings at the local nude beach. She said that it was the most successful meeting that they ever had. All pretence and tensions disappeared with the clothing, so they achieved much in a spirit of cooperation.

I do look at genitals when in a nudist setting and I am sure that others do also. It is not staring but I look at them as part of the overall image of the person. I am straight but I look at male packages as part of mutual sizing up. I may be influenced by having a big cock and low-hanging balls, so I size up the competition as part of a status thing and like to think that others do the same with me. I look at vaginas and breasts and butts, also without staring. Some are pretty and others not so attractive, in the same way that faces and other body parts are. It is part of how we develop an overall view of everyone we meet.

cute5

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
at what point does nudity become sexual nudity? Suppose you have a half-erection.. it's sort of larger than usual but is still pointing toward the ground. What classification does that fall under?

And how about women? Seems like since the changes they have when they're aroused are pretty hard to spot unless their legs are spread wide. Does this mean they are more or less incapable of "sexual nudity"?

Fascinating. I like the "bright lines" that human societies draw to separate things that, when analyzed, appear ridiculous.

I'd be more worried about keeping my dick at a relatively large size but not looking erect. Especially in cold water, when mine tends to shrink to tiny proportions. And are penis-sheaths allowed like the Australian bushmen wear?

All this shows is that these so-called enlightned nudists are just as hung up about nekkid bodies as anyone else.

B_ScottWilliamsonOC

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Just go to a nude beach or resort and take your clothes off.. after 15 minutes you wont ever realize it. Trust me. Although I have showered in front of many guys at the gym, school, or college, I was shy to get naked on a nude beach while on vacation. I said screw it and just did it. 10 minutes later it was nothing.

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Just thought I would announce that this past weekend it was the 1 year anniversary of attending my first naturist event... and now I'm honestly going to have to say that becoming a naturist is one of the best things that has ever happened to me and I'm so grateful that I found the young adult movement that I'm currently involved with... if anyone is interested in more details about my group and is age 18-30, let me know.. gay straight whatever doesn't matter, its a great mixed group...

sgtrock

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Have been enjoying nudism since returning from Beirut in 83. Belonging first to the Hawaii Naturist Society. Europeans are so much more liberal and aware of the benefits. Yes small kids are around but there is nothing sexual about being nude. It is us prudish Americans who are hung up about being nude as well as making it in to something it's not. Sure sometimes the combination of heat and oil you begin to feel erect but you can always jump in the water too. Here in So Cal we have a GREAT place in Palm Springs for adults only.

It is a great experience especially with like minded adults and as already pointed out it is liberating in many ways. Doctors, lawyers, accountants, mechanics who can tell when your nude.

It helps a little if your a exhibitionist too.

Enjoy!

commando1463

Legendary Member
Media
Orlando i Florida (Florida, United States)
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Went to my first nude beach in 1996. Had always liked being naked outside but usually only alone or with one or two others skinny dipping prior to that. Once I experienced the freedom of the nude beach, never looked back. Love being naked wherever and whenever i can

D_Cock_Hudson

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Just thought I would announce that this past weekend it was the 1 year anniversary of attending my first naturist event... and now I'm honestly going to have to say that becoming a naturist is one of the best things that has ever happened to me and I'm so grateful that I found the young adult movement that I'm currently involved with... if anyone is interested in more details about my group and is age 18-30, let me know.. gay straight whatever doesn't matter, its a great mixed group...

I'm the other side of the pond and not in your age group, though I was when I first visited a nude beach, followed by nude saunas and then swims. I am like you so grateful, and know that over the years I have met many people who also equally as glad. A social activity without too much food, or alcohol, and with a group of people completely separate from work colleagues or other groups of friends.