First?

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by D_Petherick_Poundlouder, Jun 24, 2010.

1. D_Petherick_Poundlouder

"Never be the first, and never be her last."
    - Vince from Entourage on Virgins/Women

Not smart to cite an HBO show to understand women, so I decided to ask you all. Is it true that a woman's first love leaves the deepest mark? If not, who did? And to get persona (if you want to) what were those marks?

I know the first girl I had feeling for fucked me up. If you want the whole story, click this

2. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    Did my first leave the deepest mark? How the heck could he accomplish that? He didn't know any more about being a good lover than I did. I enjoyed those times, but have had much better sex since, and much stronger love connections since then too.

I'm not entirely sure about the answers to the follow up questions, but I will think about them.

3. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    I would rather not think of the first, I would rather look for the last. The future is more important to me than the past.

If I live my life in the past then that person gets to control me forever, I would rather not let that happen.

#3 HiddenLacey, Jun 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2010
  4. petite

petite New Member

Albums:
    My first love left the deepest mark on me, much to TheBF's chagrin. He wasn't the first or the second man I slept with. Funny, too, I thought I had fallen in love for the first time about 6 months earlier, but my feelings were so much deeper with my First Love that I realized that I was just strongly infatuated with the other man. We were together for 5 years, and continued being best friends and sleeping together off and on for the next 2.5 years after we broke up. It was a very intense and complicated relationship and he left so many marks on me that it would require a novel to describe them all! Now that I'm in my 30s I feel like the bulk of my other life experiences have overshadowed his influence on me, but that relationship was definitely formative. All others have been compared against it, not intentionally, but it's hard not to compare your feelings against that first really deep passion. It's a benchmark.

5. je1ani

je1ani New Member

tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all?

6. D_Petherick_Poundlouder

Dang, you guys gave me some of the best fortune cookie answers I've ever seen. :tongue:

7. ladybree

ladybree New Member

Albums:
    Is this asking about our first love or the first guy we slept with? I did not sleep with me first love, and yea he left the biggest mark.. I do still wonder about him... Now the first guy I slept with. That is totally different. He left no mark. Could not care any less about him.

8. B_subgirrl

B_subgirrl New Member

The first guy I slept with made very little mark on me, if any. Basically, I'd decided I needed to lose my virginity so I picked a random guy at a party I was at. We remained friends/acquaintances for a few years afterwards as we knew a lot of the same people, but probably wouldn't have bothered if it wasn't for that. He did tell his friends that he 'nearly split [me] in two' which could have left a negative mark if it wasn't for the way I dealt with it. When his friends told me what he'd said I said 'Well it's not like he was particularly big. I was a virgin for fuck's sake'. His friends ended up laughing at him, instead of me and I didn't end up dwelling on it. So no mark, negative or positive.

My first love was very special to me. I've never experienced that depth of love with anyone else. Mind you, I was only 16 when we met so teenage hormones may have been playing a part. I was with him for under a year and a half, and was engaged to him within 6 months of meeting him. When I broke up with him my own heart was broken in the process.

9. cherychoper

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    The girl who helped me lose my virginity was very much a teenage love. I still have extremely fond memories and hold her in a special place in my heart.

Many years have passed and we have not been in contact, but her tenderness helped me to learn about women and loving them. I guess what I am saying is that your "first" can set the tone for future relationships. Mine was lovely!

10. molotovmuffin

Gold Member

Ha!....

My first sex partner... not so much.

My first ex husband left the deepest wound....

Draft saved Draft deleted