FL Gov. Jebya Bush cornered...

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Funny, but not funny, story...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/jeb_bush_protesters

The part that I find so side-splittingly, deliciously ironic, is that Bush was there for a fund-raiser for Rick Santorum, and confronted by protesters, was forced to hide in a closet.

The part I find terribly disturbing is that (although they should have known better) the protesters who were told to vacate a public area and refused were hit with the stun gun. If they were enough of a threat to use a stun gun, they were enough of a threat to arrest - but none had charges filed against them.

It seems governer bush was just scared because they yelled at him. Oh well, now that I think about it, any person who yells at a politician DESERVES to be tasered.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
DC_DEEP said:
If they were enough of a threat to use a stun gun, they were enough of a threat to arrest - but none had charges filed against them.

That would likely require a trial. And a trial might result in revelation of facts not convenient to the good governor's carefully spun version of the story. Better just to shoot and then bug out.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Haha, in case anyone hasn't noticed, we not longer have the right to protest. Fuck, bush the prez won't even allow anyone not from his own party to attend his "speaches". What a family of huge, flapping pussies. Do you think jebya should be tasered if he "protests" another political point of view?

Or what if we DO suspect them of terrorism? Can we then really do with them what we will?

http://www.military.com/NewsContent/0,13319,113859,00.html

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
How anyone can read these stories at not see how the Republican powers continue to piss all on the Constiution and the Bill of Rights is beyond me.

And here I thought only us Fags liked watersports.

Punk ass.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well, guys, the truly infuriating part is that, in all the reports I watched on the television news channels (and yes, I even watched Fox to see what their slant was) and the print and online media. In none of the reports I read was there a mention of anything more threatening than being "in close proximity" and yelling. I don't know of any laws on any books that make it illegal to yell, or to be in close proximity to anyone else in a public place.

I'm sorry, but as far as I know, public property is just that: public. As far as I know, the police have no authority to tell, arbitrarily, a citizen that they may not be on public property. As far as I know, the police who used the stun guns are guilty of felony assault with a deadly weapon. (If you want to claim that stun guns are not deadly weapons, ask TSA.) Whoever authorized or instructed the police first to order them off the property, and then to use stun guns on them, should be in jail pending trial on charges of two counts of felony assault.

No one else care to comment on my amusement of Jeb being forced into the closet on his way to raise more money for Rick-the-rabid-homophobe?

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Its interesting the story claims that Bush and his security detail were trying to avoid the group of protesters. Yet Jeb still had time to "...blow them a kiss..." before he skedaddled behind the stun guns. That hardly strikes me as the actions of a public figure who was truly fearing for their safety. Rather, it sounds like the feckless gesture a childish brat makes before hiding behind mother's skirts.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
SpeedoGuy said:
Its interesting the story claims that Bush and his security detail were trying to avoid the group of protesters. Yet Jeb still had time to "...blow them a kiss..." before he skedaddled behind the stun guns. That hardly strikes me as the actions of a public figure who was truly fearing for their safety. Rather, it sounds like the feckless gesture a childish brat makes before hiding behind mother's skirts.
Feckless, perhaps, but also intentionally inflamatory, right?

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
DC_DEEP said:
Feckless, perhaps, but also intentionally inflamatory, right?

You guys hit the nail on the head. It was infantile of him to first fan the flames, THEN have to protesters tasered- what kind of fucking world are we living up in?

DC, "hiding in the closet" wasn't lost on me, but then I think MOST homophobes are closet cases, whether they use religion as an excuse or not.

You know, I can't even remember how many of these fucking "family values republicans" have been involved in some obnoxious behavior. I know their apologists will say that the dems are bad too, and that may be true, but who can remember a time when there were so goddamned MANY scandals at once that we actually forget the names? DC, are you keeping a list?

AMERICANS being tasered in the streets for exercising their "freedom of speech" in a public place.:rolleyes:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Fucking piece of shit bush, READ the Bill of rights. It won't be too taxing, it's number one.

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I first read this article at 3 AM. At the time I had no caffeine in me, as I was attempting to sleep. The article made no sense to me. Now, reading it on a fully caffeinated brain it enrages me. As has already been brought up, what has happened to our constitutional rights? THE FIRST AMMENDMENT! I have a feeling, if it was placed first, it was considered highly important by those who drafted the document. Need I point out that republicans seem to have no problem defending the constitution when it comes to a cause they champion, such as the right to bear arms? Jeb is as much an asshole as his brother. They both have that spoiled-little-brat air about them. GARGH!!!

davidjh7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Welkum to the GLorious fascist states of Amerika, Comrade! Give us your money and your children to be thrown in front of IED's, and shut up or be shot! If you protest, your will be shot! If you do not cheer for our glorious leaders you will be shot! If you do not like this, you will be shot! If you don't love Jesus, you will be shot! Have a good time!

dolf250

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I am reminded of an APEC meeting in Canada in 1998 where the protesters were pepper sprayed. Our Prime ministers comment? (he thought it was a big joke.) “For me, pepper, I put it on my plate.” Not I'm sorry, not why did the RCMP pepper spray them (there were reports that he ordered the crackdown.)

Taken from http://www.agrnews.org/issues/179/index.html “Riot police used tazers (stun guns), tear gas, pepper spray, and pepper spray “bullets” on June 15, to break up a protest of a G7 finance ministers’ meeting in Halifax, Nova Scotia.”
Protesters knocked down two metal fences. 40 (yes, 40) minutes later they let loose with tasers and pepper spray.

If you really want to be disgusted look up Ipperwash. Native protester Dudley George was KILLED by our RCMP who then refused to help, did not help get him to hospital, arrested his sister who drove him to the hospital (held her while he died) and no real disciplinary action was ever taken.

It is good to see our totalitarian utopia is making its way down South. I requested years ago that the U.S.A. invade Canada to keep us free, but they did not respond and now our values are spreading.

All kidding aside, when are they going to start treating these incidents with the attention that they deserve. If an officer pulls ANY weapon and uses it somebody should look into weather it was justified or not. It should not be them saying “he did not die and is not permanently injured, so there is no problem.”

davidjh7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
dolf250 said:
I am reminded of an APEC meeting in Canada in 1998 where the protesters were pepper sprayed. Our Prime ministers comment? (he thought it was a big joke.) “For me, pepper, I put it on my plate.” Not I'm sorry, not why did the RCMP pepper spray them (there were reports that he ordered the crackdown.)

Taken from http://www.agrnews.org/issues/179/index.html “Riot police used tazers (stun guns), tear gas, pepper spray, and pepper spray “bullets” on June 15, to break up a protest of a G7 finance ministers’ meeting in Halifax, Nova Scotia.”
Protesters knocked down two metal fences. 40 (yes, 40) minutes later they let loose with tasers and pepper spray.

If you really want to be disgusted look up Ipperwash. Native protester Dudley George was KILLED by our RCMP who then refused to help, did not help get him to hospital, arrested his sister who drove him to the hospital (held her while he died) and no real disciplinary action was ever taken.

It is good to see our totalitarian utopia is making its way down South. I requested years ago that the U.S.A. invade Canada to keep us free, but they did not respond and now our values are spreading.

All kidding aside, when are they going to start treating these incidents with the attention that they deserve. If an officer pulls ANY weapon and uses it somebody should look into weather it was justified or not. It should not be them saying “he did not die and is not permanently injured, so there is no problem.”

Sadly, I believe American uber conservative totallitarian values are invading YOUR country, not the other way around. You elected a mini-me version of Dubya--and he is acting pretty much like his inbred clone who runs this country. I hope that there is a reasonable correction in the stupidity for everybody in North America soon, before we just end up becoming the YAN-KEE province of China....:mad:

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
davidjh7 said:
Welkum to the GLorious fascist states of Amerika, Comrade! Give us your money and your children to be thrown in front of IED's, and shut up or be shot! If you protest, your will be shot! If you do not cheer for our glorious leaders you will be shot! If you do not like this, you will be shot! If you don't love Jesus, you will be shot! Have a good time!

Our only real hope is that the conservaties in this country are able to finally understand that this is the only possible result of the "morals" they've been trying to shove down everyone's throats. They need to understand that what they're smirking about and calling "theocracy" is nothing more than good old-fashioned totalitarianism.

And they'll be the first to exclaim, "But I didn't mean this!" and expect that that will absolve them of responsibility. Bullocks!

Obvious behaviors yield obvious results and no one gets to say they didn't see it coming, because you're just not allowed to be that stupid.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Oh, I have been watching stories like this for some time now.

Since I moved to this area (DC Metro Area) way back in 2002, you really honestly would not believe all the First Amendment violations (really ugly violations) that occur here on a regular basis, with no on held accountable.

3 times, in my unaided memory, protesters have gathered in Lafayette Park (across the street from the White House) and were then (even though they were protesting peacefully) "riot-controlled." Keep in mind, these people were not crossing Pennsylvania Avenue onto White House grounds. They were not carrying weapons. They were not taking hostages. They were simply standing around with signs, and chanting. US Park Police and DC Metro Police told them to leave, they didn't, and the DC Police used excessive force to arrest many of them and throw them in jail. Some stayed in jail for a few days. None were ever charged with a crime, most were only "accused" of the "crime" of "failure to obey police orders." Some had arms or ribs broken during arrest. Several were pepper-sprayed. For gathering in a public park. Police chief Ramsey, each of those three times, gave his usual "oopsie, we made a mistake. We won't do it again" speech. No corrective or punitive action was ever taken, nor an investigation into who gave the order to attack the crowd.

Every year when the IMF has its "big meeting", DC police shut down big chunks of streets and sidewalks surrounding the IMF building, because every year there are protests. Those of you who have never been to DC cannot possibly understand what it means to close off a 10-block area in the middle of town. For the out-of-town driver, a 10-block detour is a disaster. The streets are narrow and parking is all but non-existent. Some streets are one-way, some are not. So you get routed around the closed streets, but you have no place to pull over and look at a map to re-find your way. You drive another 15 blocks, find a place to pull over, and look at your map, but now you have to figure out which of the 3 "8th & I" intersections you are near... is it 8th & I NE, 8th & I NW, or 8th & I SE? Each one is not even close to the other, and the higher the number or letter of the street, the farther apart they are. (Hint: 8th & I NE is 16 blocks from 8th & I SE; 8th & I NE is 18 blocks from 8th & I NW). Back to the "closed sidewalks..." When they close these large areas of public sidewalks in DC, in order to get through the area on foot, you have to show an officer your ID and proof of employment in the cordoned area. You have to show your ID and proof of employment to access a public sidewalk, are you getting the drift here? I'm not even sure what they do if someone tells an officer, "this is a public street and I'm a citizen, I do not have to show you my ID to walk on this sidewalk." I'm sure it's not pretty.

rawbone8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
dolf250 said:

Dolf:
there is a factual error to note in the post above about the Dudley George death: it was the OPP (Ontario Provincial Police) who killed him, not the RCMP. Your point holds true, undiminished. The Ontario Premier, Mike Harris, ordered a sledgehammer solution to rout native protesters, because he didn't want a prolonged Oka situation. The Oka protest near Montreal (also about an Aboriginal land claim) showed restraint, but was allowed to go on for a long time, BECAUSE there were cameras rolling almost from the beginning. A free press played a huge role in mitigating the police and armed forces' response.

Some OPP officers privately had T-Shirts and pins made up to both boast about, and support their brother officers who had to go through the ordeal of an investigation about their deeds at Ipperwash. It was pretty disgusting, in my opinion, given that an unarmed man was shot to death by one of their own. Still, they saw the officer as the victim.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
madame_zora said:
You know, I can't even remember how many of these fucking "family values republicans" have been involved in some obnoxious behavior. I know their apologists will say that the dems are bad too, and that may be true, but who can remember a time when there were so goddamned MANY scandals at once that we actually forget the names? DC, are you keeping a list?

AMERICANS being tasered in the streets for exercising their "freedom of speech" in a public place.:rolleyes:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Fucking piece of shit bush, READ the Bill of rights. It won't be too taxing, it's number one.

Jana, about the Republicans seeming to get into more bad problems. It is moral values that these Republicans run on and slander their Democratic opponents for not favoring good moral values. Then the Republicans go on to commit sexual crimes and then the Repubilcans try to cry that the media is picking on them for reporting that another Republican has molested a small and underage person.

It pisses me off beyhond measure.

Your last part. Of course little Bush has read that first amendment to the U S Constitution. Gov. Bush and his Republican friends want to do away with it. We don't need it anymore. Terrorists might use it. The constitution is mass produced in all school rooms. It is a possible weapon of mass destruction according to these wimps that are in charge these days.

*Cuba, here I come. Can I join you in your suite in that big beautiful bay they have down there? Jana?

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Pretty damned close, Freddie. Only the bushie-boys don't really want to do away with the constitution, they just want things arranged so it only applies when it is convenient.

Every single aspect of the Guantanamo prison violates many constitutional provisions and prohibitions. This "enemy combatant designation" concept is completely unconstitutional. Assaulting citizens on public property without provocation violates 1st amendment. Even the IRS is getting in on the action. All Saints Episcopal (Pasadena, CA) is under investigation and threatened with losing their tax-free status because of a November 2004 sermon. Rev. Regas did not specifically instruct parishoners to vote for a specific candidate, but he urged them NOT to vote for supporters of the Iraq war. Without any threat to their own status, the catholic church has always encouraged parishoners to vote for pro-life, anti-gay candidates, right? Don't get me wrong, I am in favor of revoking tax-exempt status for all churches, but until that happens, it needs to be consistent, right?

Anyway, I'm losing my patience with brutal police forces abusing their power and getting away with it. If the two people who got stun-gunned deserved it, then shouldn't criminal charges have been filed against them? If they didn't deserve it, where are the criminal charges against the police who zapped 'em? Do you think I would be sitting in jail right now on criminal charges if I just went out into a public area, used a stun gun on a couple of people just because I didn't want them talking loudly in close proximity to me?

Why has DC police chief Ramsey never done any prison time for his handling of any of these affairs? If the protesters gave the police "reasonable cause" to break bones them put them in jail for a couple of days, there must have been just cause to prefer criminal charges against them... but they were released later, no charges filed. Then does it not become unlawful imprisonment? Who pays the price for their pain and suffering and lost work? Oh, not to mention medical care for those broken bones.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Freddie53 said:
Jana, about the Republicans seeming to get into more bad problems. It is moral values that these Republicans run on and slander their Democratic opponents for not favoring good moral values. Then the Republicans go on to commit sexual crimes and then the Repubilcans try to cry that the media is picking on them for reporting that another Republican has molested a small and underage person.

It pisses me off beyhond measure.

Your last part. Of course little Bush has read that first amendment to the U S Constitution. Gov. Bush and his Republican friends want to do away with it. We don't need it anymore. Terrorists might use it. The constitution is mass produced in all school rooms. It is a possible weapon of mass destruction according to these wimps that are in charge these days.

*Cuba, here I come. Can I join you in your suite in that big beautiful bay they have down there? Jana?

Oh, you know it. I'm cross-stitching your name on a pillow even as we speak.

See, this is the difference between a Christian and a hypocrite, they are not the same. A Christian is a human being, and is able to evaluate for himself if things are going as they should. He is able to review that decision when new information arises, it's called "thinking". Automatons, or "sheeple" as DC likes to say, do not have this capability. They do as they're told, despite the preponderance of the evidence. These are the same people who don't believe their kids could be sexually active or try drugs. These are the same people who are secretly addicted to porn, or have a mistress, or are closeted gays, or internet predators. They have no self control so they champion the cause for external controls to be inserted (couldn't resist using that word).

A genuine adult human being understands that his religion does not excuse him from the duty of thinking for himself. You just CAN'T in good conscience support any filthy motherfucker who *claims* to be Christian simply based on that claim, but that's what's been happening. The republican party needs to clean up its act, or it will be the doom of us all.

I would be gentler on Christians, but it is in fact their staunch refusal to just SEE what's right in front of all our faces that has allowed it to progress to this point. It needs to be stopped, and if we have to hurt fucking feelings to save lives, so be it.