FL Gov. Jebya Bush cornered...

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
hootie said:
<...>
Just like peeps in the dem party better not try to hard to capitalize on Foley. I remember when a certain member of Congress from the north took a male teenage page out of the country to have sex with him. Nobody did anything to remove him from office. It's just nuts all the way around. sigh
hootie, as I've said before in other threads, that's one of the major flaws with our two-party system. It practically begs our representatives to howl "foul play" if someone from the other party fucks a page, and lie and cover up if one of their own fucks a page. Unethical behavior by either party generates a whole debacle of deceit by "us" and finger-pointing by "them." Without the party lines to hide behind, perhaps the House and Senate could be better at policing themselves. That's not possible with the thought of "losing the majority" or "regaining the majority" in the forefront of every political thought they have.

AndrewEndowed24

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
How do hypotheticals lack substance? You can always specify the example to get rid of variables. Even saying, 'it depends, on whether x y or z is true' is just envoking another more specific hypothetical.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
AndrewEndowed24 said:
How do hypotheticals lack substance? You can always specify the example to get rid of variables. Even saying, 'it depends, on whether x y or z is true' is just envoking another more specific hypothetical.

Right, you're making my point for me. They lack substance because by the very nature of BEING hypothetical, there IS no substance. To me, it just feels like a waste of time deciphering an idea with non-realistic parameters for no useful purpose. I like examples from reality because there is at least a perceived reason to be discussing them.

AndrewEndowed24

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
well, what i thought i was saying was that in eliminating the variables, you can define parameters that make your hypothetical situation resemble a likely possible reality. And the closer it's resemblance, the more useful it would be for planning for the future. In fact I dont think you can effectively plan for the future without hypotheticals

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hypotheticals can be very useful or they can be very inane.

Asking someone "Would you feel the same if it happened to you instead of someone else?" is a hypothetical, and very often, an entirely appropriate one.

Mr. Bush, how would you feel if one of your nieces got stun-gunned for being in "close proximity" to a politician and voicing her opinion?

AndrewEndowed24

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
My view is that using unrealistic hypotheticals can expose information about our concepts that we didnt know we had and show us the limits of our understanding of familiar ideas. I may be wrong, but I think that a good test to see if you really understand something is to try to apply it to unfamiliar (and thus likely to be unrealistic) situations

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Heres my .02

Pepper spray, $2.99 various locations.
Stun guns $100.00....
Smoke bombs $.99

All available to the general public.

Their fault for not fighting back to defend their rights.

Gee...what is independence day for again?
Oh!...People fighting for their Freedom...thats right.... what a novel idea.

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Rikter8 said:
Heres my .02

Pepper spray, $2.99 various locations.
Stun guns $100.00....
Smoke bombs $.99

All available to the general public.

Their fault for not fighting back to defend their rights.

Gee...what is independence day for again?
Oh!...People fighting for their Freedom...thats right.... what a novel idea.

You forgot one on your list:

Assault of a law-enforcement official, $FELONY.POSSIBLE LIFE INPRISIONMENT