Fla Dem Alan Grayson's "Taliban Dan" Ad

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Dave NoCal, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Dave NoCal

Gold Member

Albums:
  2. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

3. midlifebear

Gold Member

Alan Grayson is my second favorite man or woman currently in office. My first favorite is a secret.

4. B_cockluv10

B_cockluv10 New Member

Grayson is a liar. I've read a transcript of what Webster actually said and it's the opposite of what Grayson claims.

5. dreamer20

Gold Member

Then provide links to that transcript please.:cool:

6. tripod

Gold Member

Albums:
    The transcripts only contain 4 minutes of a fifteen minute speech. The transcripts have been edited already. It's pure bullshit and Grayson actually went easy on the guy. The guy is a real slimeball. I've sent Grayson money and I'm gonna send him some more tomorrow.

7. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

(S)he won't. You and I both know this.
    At the very best, (s)he will produce an Op-ed from some biased media source but nothing more.

8. B_cockluv10

B_cockluv10 New Member

9. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

That's the best you can do?
    We all know some parts of the attack ads in favor of Alan Grayson were over the top. This is the same guy that told Dick Cheney to ST*U and said that the GOP's health care plan was to "Not get sick... and if you do, die quickly". Nobody with a brain will honestly associate Daniel Webster with the Taliban. Not even those "dirty libs" are buying that one. The key word here is "brain", because obviously some people are ignoring the fact that political spin & distortion with campaign ads are par for the course come election time. Grant it, one party does this a lot more than the others (and I'll let you deliberate on that by yourself), but this is the first time in a while that someone from the progressive left have gone this far.

The ad claims that Daniel Webster wants to make divorce illegal, wants to deny battered women medical care and the right to divorce their abuser and force women to bear a child in instances of rape. We all know those claims are half truths and distortions, Mary. Wake up and smell the political poppers. However, Webster is not in the clear here. He does have political views that are fundamentally Christian and all you need to do is read is the legislation he presented in Florida where he wanted to create a form of marriage known as 'covenant marriage,' which may be nullified only on grounds of adultery. In many ways, that is denying someone their right to divorce. Things like physical abuse, religious beliefs, and many other irreconcilable differences that are used as reasons for divorce would be off the table and made illegal under such stipulations. Here's a copy of the actual bill if you care to read it.

So in reality Alan Grayson wasn't talking completely out of his ass when that ad was made... just like other politicians, he knows the select words & images to use to make simpletons bark. And right now, you're sounding a lot like Scooby Doo on intellectual quaaludes. This stuff is really easy to check and even easier to double check if you took the time to read. However, I know in your world claiming bigotry and trying to indirectly label me as a bigot was far more important. Many of the cerebrally vacuous types love trying to make that title stick to me for some reason. And after nearly 3 years on this board, they're still trying. Got anything with real substance to bring to the table? :rolleyes:

#9 B_VinylBoy, Sep 29, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2010
  10. StormfrontFL

Gold Member

Albums:
    Oh VB, say it ain't so. Are you implying that Dickluv10 might be (dare I say it?), Trinity 2.0?

11. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    Is FactCheck.org a reliable site?

If what they say about Grayson is true, then he's as much a douche as his Republican opponent.

I agree it's time the Dems got some balls, but why use half-truths and manipulated videos when the right-wingnuts give them so much great material to work with? The truth is bad enough without stooping to Hannity's and Becks level of lies.

It just proves the point for those that say Dems are no different than Repubs.

12. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

While it's true that Grayson shouldn't have dabbled in the half truths, I think most people on the left are just glad someone is mouthing off and fighting back. There's very little of that coming from the Democratic side of things and they need to get vocal. But just as you said, "the truth is bad enough without stooping to Hannity's and Becks level of lies."

13. B_Marius567

B_Marius567 New Member

that is a cut and past job of his words.

after hearing the whole recording of what said in church he is not for the Taliban at all.

14. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

No kidding. :rolleyes:
    But despite the obvious distortions and name calling, there is some truth to what Alan Grayson said if you care to pay attention to it. As stated before, Wilson does have political views that are fundamentally Christian. Wilson is on record for presenting legislation in Florida where he wanted to create a form of marriage known as 'covenant marriage,' which can only be broken by way of adultery. Without distorting the facts, that is denying someone their right to divorce on grounds such as physical abuse, religious beliefs, and many other irreconcilable differences. That is the REAL issue... not the distorted Taliban connection that anyone with a brain can tell was not true without needing verifiable evidence.

15. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    VB there maybe some truth to what he puts out. But there is enough distortion and lies that I don't understand how anyone that cares about their country could pull the lever for Alan Grayson. I think he is a real slimeball who will do or say anything keep his nose in the Washington trough. I can't believe you are actually defending him. He's not even the lesser of two evils.

You didn't mention that in Wilson's proposed state legislation from 1990, which died in committee, the covenant marriage was OPTIONAL.
    Of course it a dumbass idea, but that his not the point. Alan Grayson's campaign tactics of half-truths, innuendo, and edited video clips maybe no worse than some of those from the other side of the political spectrum, but likewise, they render him no less unfit for office.

I'd vote for the Christian dingbat before I'd vote for the known liar.

#15 vince, Oct 4, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2010
  16. BF2K

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    damn, for once we agree Vince, kind of scary!! Sorry but Grayson is a slimeball, taking video out of context in such a direct way is just not right. I have no idea what the other guy is about but these are just "lies and more lies!!"

17. Penis Aficionado

Gold Member

I agree Grayson went over the line by mashing up the soundbites.

But I wholeheartedly approve of the underlying concept of associating Republican religious fanatics with the religious fanatics we are fighting in Afghanistan and Iraq. Like the OP said, Democrats need to grow some balls and use the Republicans' own playbook against them.

I'm still waiting for someone to ask Rand Paul if he believes in God.

18. BF2K

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    any Christian that wants to "legislate" his or her morals is repugnant as the others. But we MUST allow the individual to choose in the US!! Atheism is a religion as well however, the Constitution says that "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." in other words Congress cannot prohibit the free exercise of religion - atheism included!!!

Annotations

19. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

I've already taken apart the video and exposed the facts, the half truths and the obvious distortions. You can also find a similar story on Politifact. However, considering the party you support around here, the blatant hypocrisy you're emitting right now is glaring. You should be the last person to preach.

20. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    I am glad you agree BF. But where was your outrage when people were calling Obama a Muslim, or questioning his birth status, or when Sean Hannity was pasting together videos to tell a lie?

Draft saved Draft deleted