Flaccid HANG vs. Flaccid LENGTH

SyddyKitty

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
What is the correct way to measure a flaccid penis? I always thought it was to lift it parallel to the floor then measure, which is where my measurement comes from. I'm curious because when you hear guys talking about how a guy hangs in the locker room, you hear 'crazy' stories of "he was 8 inches soft!". I say crazy in quotes because I'm starting to view flaccid measurement in 2 different ways:

Flaccid Hang - What's seen in the locker room and everywhere else you're naked.

Flaccid Length - The parallel to the floor measurement.

I measure slightly above 6" in flaccid -hang- but in flaccid -length- I measure around 5.5".

If anything, the flaccid hang should be considered the more valid measurement, right? After all, that is what's seen normally as opposed to a parallel to the floor flaccid penis.

What does everyone else think?

Last edited:

Big Al

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
What is the correct way to measure a flaccid penis? I always thought it was to lift it parallel to the floor then measure, which is where my measurement comes from. I'm curious because when you hear guys talking about how a guy hangs in the locker room, you hear 'crazy' stories of "he was 8 inches soft!". I say crazy in quotes because I'm starting to view flaccid measurement in 2 different ways:

Flaccid Hang - What's seen in the locker room and everywhere else you're naked.

Flaccid Length - The parallel to the floor measurement.

I measure slightly above 6" in flaccid -hang- but in flaccid -length- I measure around 5.5".

If anything, the flaccid hang should be considered the more valid measurement, right? After all, that is what's seen normally as opposed to a parallel to the floor flaccid penis.

What does everyone else think?

That depends. A flaccid hang is not too reliable because so many factors [temperature, stress, anxiety, caffeine, etc.] can affect your degree of erection from one moment to the next. You can measure our flaccid penis once and then get a totally different measurement just a few minutes later.
You can get good accurate feedback by measuring your stretched flaccid length. You'll find full instructions for measuring your penis here: Charting Your Progress.

A tip- if you want to temporarily boost the size of your flaccid hang, short bouts of jelqing and stretching done throughout the day can keep your penis in a fairly "pumped" state.