Flies to Honey

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by Act2_Begins_Now, Aug 18, 2007.

1. Act2_Begins_Now

Act2_Begins_Now New Member

I was wondering if anyone here has noticed that they attract the same type of person time and time again. If so, what were the types and why do you think they are attracted to you.

For me ...

1. Black men. All ages, shapes, sizes and intellectual levels. Reason: I have always thought that they appreciate a thicker body and that I have.

2. Young men. Very young, under 30. They have been the more calm type, not the out in the bar every night type. More soft spoken then life of the party. Usually are goal driven. Reason: Not sure

3. Way too old of men. I am 43 and I am talking men who are 60 and over. All different social classes and physical types. Reason: I think I must put out a vibe that they read as ... rescue me (couldn't be further from the truth).

2. whatireallywant

Gold Member

No particular physical type except I have dated more men with a "tall, stocky" build than other guys.

What I DO attract over, and over, and over, is a type I refer to as "the intellectual comedian" type. A combination of intellectual/scholarly/"brainy" (whatever you want to call it), and always cracking jokes. (I have dated at least 5 guys who are fans of P.D.Q. Bach!)

Sometimes this type can be quite fun to be around, but other times I can find them extremely annoying!

My longest term relationship is with a guy who is an "intellectual comedian" type. And as it turns out, the guy I feel that I would be most compatible with (the one I wish I had met before he met his wife!) is ALSO an "intellectual comedian" type, but is not always cracking jokes.

Even the guy I met through the personal ads was an "intellectual comedian" type! :eek:

3. Principessa

Gold Member

4. Drifterwood

Gold Member

5. D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah Account Disabled

Ive only been with white guys, not sure if thats what im attracted to or because they are the majority here.

Age- They have all been roughly a few years older then me (5 max) with the exception of the 18 year old which was 9 years younger. I do find that for some reason i get hit on by mostly older men 40's and 50's, really not sure why that is though.

6. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    When I was single, I was open to the idea of a monogamous relationship, but was content to play the field a bit since I'd never done that before. (I was more of a serial monogamist previously.) I met men who were not interested in building a monogamous relationship, and that was fine with me. One more stud for the stable. I liked knowing that sex was always only a few phone calls away. However, none of these men ever expected to like me as much as they did. They'd all get kinda relationshippy on me and flip out. Generally this did not bother me. With two of them, for whom I was returning feelings, it hurt.

7. Act2_Begins_Now

Love it.

I just wanted to clarify, that the OP was not meant to determine who we are attracted to and/or dated. Instead, who approaches you time and time again. In fact in all of my examples, I only fell prey to one of the types and only one time.

8. Wyldgusechaz

Wyldgusechaz New Member

I would much prefer the example of bees to honey inasmuch as a bee has a stinger and we know the ladies here REALLY like getting stung by bees packing a long hard thick oversized stinger.

I can't over emphasize this enough for me sharp intelligence and a sense of humor trump all else.

9. drgirth

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Perhaps certain bees like certain flowers because certain flowers attract certain bees. I tend to attract busty or curvaceous women of all ages, but I know it is because I WANT to attract them not because there is anything about me that makes it so. Just a thought.

10. Act2_Begins_Now

Mr. Wlyd ... who do you find is attracted to you over and over again? Not who are you attracted to. We LPSG gals know we have your attention because of our intellect and sassiness.

Interesting thought. After posting I was taking inventory and wondered why my attractees(?) are rarely smart men of my age. I get smart young ones. Not sure about the older ones. But the ones my age are few and far between. Beginning to ponder is my younger looks have anything to do with it.

11. Principessa

Gold Member

I was wondering if anyone here has noticed that they attract the same type of person time and time again. If so, what were the types and why do you think they are attracted to you.

For njqt466

1. Black men - When I was younger I attracted Black men who were +/- three years of my age and very handsome; but with not much else going for them and always thuggish and fluent in ebonics. I have noidea why those boys couldnt see I was out of their league. :rolleyes: Now, I attract Black men who are well educated, often retired, and a minimum of 15 years older than myself. I often get the feeling they are looking to be a sugar daddy. I neither need, nor want this.

2. Young men. I only attract men who are significantly younger than me here and on www.plentyoffish.com. I have never had a man approach me even casually in person who was more than 4 years younger than me.

3. White men. Ages 35-65, always well educated, though sometimes lacking common sense. :tongue: Average to handsome, tall. If they are over 50 then they are often looking to be a sugar daddy. I neither need, nor want this.

Other than older men wanting to take care of me I'm not seeing much of a commom link.:redface: :confused: :rolleyes:

12. Eva

Eva New Member

I was in my local dive bar with my best mate a while back and a guy walked in dressed head to toe in what can only be described as Renaissance Faire Pirate Barbie attire. He carried a cane/staff, had ginormous dreads coming out from under his burgundy velvet hat with giant white plume feathers. He spoke entirely in rhyming couplets spoken with a (very poorly executed) fake English accent.

My best friend turned to me and said, "Twenty bucks says that guy hits on you."

That's the kind of "standard" men I attract.

I didn't take the bet. She was right and I knew it.

13. D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

The fact that i have only been with white men shows they are the ones approcahing me. Yes Australia is very multicultural but it sems that many of the nationalities stick to their own. Thats why i say im not sure what im attracted to, ive never been approached by anything other then white men to know if id seriously be interested.

14. BlkWthThk11

BlkWthThk11 New Member

Look my pics over let me know if you are interested and if you have had a white cock my size.

15. BlkWthThk11

BlkWthThk11 New Member

talk to me after you look me over. I am in Orlando.

16. BlkWthThk11

BlkWthThk11 New Member

love those B size tits, very nice, look me over if you have never been with a black man. I am in Orlando, but I do travel in my work.

17. BlkWthThk11

BlkWthThk11 New Member

I am very well hung Black man, I read your comments babe, look me over and see if you want to talk more.

18. Principessa

Gold Member

ROTFLMAO
    Next time try putting all your thoughts in one post.
    She is an 18 hour flight away from Orlando silly.:tongue:

19. Principessa

Gold Member

I went through a phase where men often approached me with this tempting line, "Yo baby yo, bring summa dat ovah here!" <--- (I'm not very good at phonetic spelling. You will just have to use your imagination for the proper tone and inflection.)That lovely question was often uttered by both black guys and guidos.

Why do men never have a concept of a woman being out of their league? I know many of the hot men on LPSG are out of my league and wouldn't dream of approaching them in a social setting for fear of getting shot down.

Thankfully I no longer attract the short, ugly; and unemployed men! Talk about a deadly trifecta, this one always made me cringe. Then I would go home look in the mirror and wonder what the hell was wrong with me.:confused:

20. D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

Hey, hey. Dont call him silly. Sure i am an 18 (?) hour flight away but have you seen the guys gallery :eek: and my god, my ego is loving the attention

:love:

Draft saved Draft deleted