Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
A few weeks ago something happened to me that I was reminded of today.. i thought it might be a decent topic for a thread.

One of my customers at work (coffee shop) started being kinda flirty with me.. when that happens I try to avoid making it seem like I'm showing any interest because I'm happy with my man, so I get kinda dismissive. Not to be a bitch, I just don't wanna lead anyone on/give the wrong impression. Sometimes people don't pick up on my demeanor. I saw the guy at the grocery store, and he decided to come up and try to strike up a conversation. As usual, I was trying to just dismiss the situation, but he stepped in front of my cart and blurted out "Do you want to give me your number? We should hang out or something.." I started walking around him saying "No, I'm not interested." He got in front of me Again and said "Really? Why not?"

I told him I'm in a relationship, and that I was actually getting something for dinner for the two of us. This fucker says "Well, that's not fair!' I asked him why, and his exact words: "A girl as beautiful as you needs to make herself available to the rest of us." FAIL.

It just blew my mind. The look on his face, it seemed like he was expecting me to be flattered by that shit. I just told him "I'm not here for your entertainment bro, now get out of my way please." He did.

He stopped going to my coffee shop too. I still see him in the building sometimes and sometimes he'll smile and wave, so I wave back... but yeah. Shit was all kinds of of eye-roll material.

Anyone else have any flirting fails they wanna share? I have a few under my belt, thought this was a good one to start. :)

malakos

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Ick. If he had stopped when you told him you were in a relationship, that didn't seem so bad. A bit overly probing, but that's all. But he quickly took a creepy turn after that.

Reactions: lapdog2001

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
OMG, where to start!!!

One of my favorites, this young guy, I'm sure barely out of college, approached me at a wine bar in Orlando when I was with a girlfriend. He offered to buy me a drink. Well, that automatically made me angry that he didn't offer my friend. So I raised my left hand and wiggled my fingers.

Then he said, "I could get you a bigger ring than that."

Like what in the hell is that supposed to mean? I completely ignored him, but it weighed on my mind all evening and for the next few days. In fact, I'm getting all worked up about it now just thinking about it!

Really, what did he mean? That biggest diamond is highest bidder?

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What I think are the real flirting fails are when they make a move on my husband. He's so damn oblivious that it's laughable!

Once at the market he was checking out while I was running up and down the aisles looking for things we forgot. He's waiting at the register, and the check girl is leaning over the little counter with her arms crossed and endless cleavage showing, and talking so sweetly to him. He smiled and chatted away until he felt the ice-cold heat coming from my eyes.

"She was nice, wasn't she?"

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual

Like what in the hell is that supposed to mean? I completely ignored him, but it weighed on my mind all evening and for the next few days. In fact, I'm getting all worked up about it now just thinking about it!

Yup.. that's a fail for sure.

I do enjoy when a girlfriend shows me a new engagement ring (I have a few engaged friends right now actually) but I have made it clear that if I ever got proposed to I would accept to the marriage but decline the ring if one was offered. Partly because I don't like 'fancy' or expensive jewelry because you have to take care of it, and having valuable things just stresses me out.. but it's also largely because I don't want other people to say anything about the size or judge the quality of the stupid thing.

Some people treat the ring like it's the sole symbol of how much a man loves/'values' his relationship with his fiance. True love is priceless, so there's no way a ring would ever be able to serve as an expression of the relationship I share with the man I love. So if I heard that guy say that, I probably would have laughed in his face.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My ring is not fancy. It's just a rock. The wedding band itself cost around $9.00. The rock was a bit more. But it's simple. Cap had a lady friend help him pick it out. I love that woman!

As for the jerk, if I hadn't been pissed off at him dissing my girlfriend I probably would have had a snappy comeback.

Reactions: Tight_N_Juicy

I attended Job Corps in my early twenties to sort of get some things in my life straightened out. I was one of the older students on campus, I was intensely focused on my training, and didn't give a fuck about impressing any of the other students. During class I was in scrubs as I was learning CNA and then phlebotomy technician stuff. Off hours I was in jeans and a t-shirt typically. I helped with a dance event on campus at one point and actually dressed up for it and I about died laughing inwardly at how many guys awkwardly hit on me, because suddenly I "looked like a girl". You don't hit on a chick, saying you had thought she was a lesbian up until she wore a dress..........

fluffychocolate

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I attended Job Corps in my early twenties to sort of get some things in my life straightened out. I was one of the older students on campus, I was intensely focused on my training, and didn't give a fuck about impressing any of the other students. During class I was in scrubs as I was learning CNA and then phlebotomy technician stuff. Off hours I was in jeans and a t-shirt typically. I helped with a dance event on campus at one point and actually dressed up for it and I about died laughing inwardly at how many guys awkwardly hit on me, because suddenly I "looked like a girl". You don't hit on a chick, saying you had thought she was a lesbian up until she wore a dress..........

PUH-LEEEEEEEEEEASE tell me he didn't say that. Please. My neurosynapses are unable to process this at the moment! LOL

Reactions: malakos

fluffychocolate

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
OMG, where to start!!!

One of my favorites, this young guy, I'm sure barely out of college, approached me at a wine bar in Orlando when I was with a girlfriend. He offered to buy me a drink. Well, that automatically made me angry that he didn't offer my friend. So I raised my left hand and wiggled my fingers.

I had something similar happen. Guy was trying to get my number. I told him I was seeing someone. He didn't care. I flashed him the solitaire. He then looks me up and down and says, "You ain't worth all that."

... Wait... what? Then why the hell are you in my face???? He walked away which is all I wanted him to do in the first place.

PUH-LEEEEEEEEEEASE tell me he didn't say that. Please. My neurosynapses are unable to process this at the moment! LOL

Yep. Apparently being comfortable in jeans and a t-shirt led these idiots to think I was a lesbian. Mind you, I DID keep my hair in a shorter pixie cut while there, but I shared a dorm room and a single bathroom with a bunch of much more appearance obsessed women. So I figured I would make it easy. I already took fast showers, and this way no one could bitch about hair being shed.

Reactions: fluffychocolate

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I about died laughing inwardly at how many guys awkwardly hit on me, because suddenly I "looked like a girl". You don't hit on a chick, saying you had thought she was a lesbian up until she wore a dress..........

I totally believe it. I've always been more of a 'tom-boy' or whatever.. I've heard similar things. I've also had a guy hit on me because he thought I was a completely different person with make-up/hair done and dressed more femininely. Then when he realized it was me and that he just flirted with the chick he felt uncomfortable around earlier, the look on his face was priceless.

Reactions: fluffychocolate

Mercurygirl

Superior Member
Media
I'm cool with the flirt, it's harmless and at times complimenting, but I absolutely hate knuckleheads like the one who approached the OP.

Showing a little interest is one thing but once I inform a guy I'm involved with someone else and they continue to hit on me it becomes disrespectful, insulting, and fucking annoying. As if I've got "unfaithful" stamped on my forehead and will suddenly dump my boyfriend for some self awareness lacking stranger. Take your severely inflated ego out of my orbit.

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
On the other hand, maybe TnJ's fail-guy was trying to save face?

I don't think I flirt with women, but I think they think I do. If that makes any sense.

I'm not aware of any times that a woman ever abjectly failed in flirting with me. Unless the objective of their flirting was to get in my pants. In that case, yes, most of them failed.

sangheili90

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
On the other hand, maybe TnJ's fail-guy was trying to save face?

I don't think I flirt with women, but I think they think I do. If that makes any sense.

I'm not aware of any times that a woman ever abjectly failed in flirting with me. Unless the objective of their flirting was to get in my pants. In that case, yes, most of them failed.

I think most women assume a guy is trying to pick them up, hit on them etc. whenever they are approached by one. This is why I almost never approach a female stranger that I find attractive because it never ends well.

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Oh, if we're talking about strangers--no. I've never approached a stranger. I'll reciprocate if she starts it, but I not initiate.