Flirty note from student. What to do?

nicenycdick

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I would report it to my female superior. You'd then have to show her your cock to give your story a bit of legitimacy. And once you show her your cock, she'll want to sleep with you. Now you've avoided a potentially sticky situation with a student AND gotten your rocks off.

The human mind has an amazing ability to fantasize, doesn't it?

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My advice is document the incident including the day, date , time and students name and report it to your department head and say nothing to the student. And if it continues follow the same procedure in case you are getting set up for sexual harassment.

Smartalk

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I totally agree with everyone Document everything and then bring it to the attention of a senior memeber of staff. Should anything nasty arise, meaning allergations at least you have covered your back It will be very difficult trying to back track AFTER a complaint.

I would also think that the college or your professional organisation has procedures in place for incidents such as this. I suggest you find out and follow it to the letter.

For god sake cover yourself, not just yourself, but your job, your reputation, and the impact it could have on your family. In this day and age of litigation it is better being safe than sorry.

Good luck and keep us all posted

Remember Numero Uno!!

nubian

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Washington (Washington, D.C., United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
As a fellow university instructor, I would advise you not to respond to the note at all. In that situation, I would probably further cover my bases by reporting the incident to my department's sexual harassment officer, just in case. My job isn't worth losing over something like that.

Amen!

justmeincal

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
My advice is document the incident including the day, date , time and students name and report it to your department head and say nothing to the student. And if it continues follow the same procedure in case you are getting set up for sexual harassment.

I totally agree with NY. If you ignore her, she may end up mad at you and make something awful up about you. So head it off at the pass and talk to your department head.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
For those that don't know, I teach college. The new school year has started and I got the first crop of reports from one of my freshman classes. Inside a report was a Post-It note with a handwritten note reading:

"I know you're big. I've been watching."

This report was submitted by a female student. It's too early in the semester for me to recall who is who in this class, but of course next time I'll be looking to see who she is.

Question is, what do I do? I can't think of a way of responding without putting myself in a tenuous professional position. I have no intention of pursuing a professor/student fling, but I feel like I should somehow respond, let her know that I saw the note, or do something about it. Any ideas?

Be professional. Disregard the note.

Grade the paper without even commenting on the note.

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
As a fellow university instructor, I would advise you not to respond to the note at all. In that situation, I would probably further cover my bases by reporting the incident to my department's sexual harassment officer, just in case. My job isn't worth losing over something like that.

I am also a professor, and I could not agree MORE with Hugh, treat this as a come on from a 13 year old girl- don't touch it or acknowledge it. I also agree reporting it might not be a bad idea- this way you are covered.

I had a coworker have an incident with a student (she was drunk, he was drunk, it was a bar...not sure of the details but accusations were made and he was about to hit tenure...not sure if he is even teaching anymore...)

We are big men, we have bulges- its part of life... but leave this one alone bud.

B_stevekorgman

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I had an incident a few years ago while teaching classes at night. A colleague and I went to a bar for some drinks after class. In walks one of my female students and one thing leads to another. She made some very suggestive remarks to me and my friend. I wasn't ready for a 3-some, and the beer was making me a little uneasy. Eventually we all left and went our separate ways. The next day, with a clearer head, I contacted a law instructor who's a good friend. His advice was similar to all that's been posted so far. Treat the unsolicited advances as though they were career ending pink slips. The people who screw their students "successfully" are those who write fiction in the Penthouse letters section. Cover your bases and never give in to temptation. Are we clear, now?

B_CSteed

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
You guys are some fucking pussies. If the bitch is fine, fuck the shit out of her. Life is about amazing experiences not some boring job.

cdarro

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
For those that don't know, I teach college. The new school year has started and I got the first crop of reports from one of my freshman classes. Inside a report was a Post-It note with a handwritten note reading:

"I know you're big. I've been watching."

This report was submitted by a female student. It's too early in the semester for me to recall who is who in this class, but of course next time I'll be looking to see who she is.

Question is, what do I do? I can't think of a way of responding without putting myself in a tenuous professional position. I have no intention of pursuing a professor/student fling, but I feel like I should somehow respond, let her know that I saw the note, or do something about it. Any ideas?

You're in a position of trust and authority. Report it to your superiors at once, if only to protect yourself. Seriously, in Canada, this sort of thing could end your career and follow you around for life, whether or not you do anything about it.

rainbowknight

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Follow the advise of your professional peers is a good way to go about this.

However, in the future when she graduates - fuck it, literally.

This would be the start of a good thread, once someone has left or graduated have you had sex with them, even an old classmate?

ryan25yo

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Exactly! CYA, bro!!

D_Tina_Ciao

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, so cover your bases and tell your supervisor, keeping him/her in the loop on any further developments.

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Inside a report was a Post-It note with a handwritten note reading:"I know you're big. I've been watching."...

Question is, what do I do?...

What to do. Please bear in mind that this note could be nothing but a mischievous prank done by a person unknown and/or the suspected girl. Get a folder in which to keep the note, a copy of it and written, dated details of events pertaining to this matter. Meet with the supervisor of staff (another event for you to document in your file) and ask him/her if it would be better to ignore the note or confront the suspect about it.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Yes. Remove the note. She will know you've seen it, and that's really all you can do. You might up her grade a notch just as a little "thank you". lol

I totally agree with this one. Sounds like something i'd do to a teacher. And then feel really silly about it later. Are you sure she hasnt found you here?

It's sad when a woman cant even make a comment, in private, through a note without the thought of it going in a file for the administration of the school. What kind of world are we coming to. If he doesnt do anything to her and doesnt say anything to her, how would anyone even know it even happened?

How humiliating to be pulled in the deans office for noticing your hot professor and his package. I have to wonder if a gay professor would turn in a perfectly legal adult student who sent him a note like that. He'd probably keep it in his bedside drawer and leave it at that if he didnt want to get into a sexual relationship with the student.

I think some people are getting far too out there when it comes to talking to your sexual harassment department? We are talking about a man here, a grown man. She isnt like following him home and peaking in his windows and threatening to kill his girlfriend.

Last edited by a moderator: