Flooded Dorm

Pumblechook

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllll, interesting night. Was really smart to stay in the dorms for my last year of school. Besides the typical, day to day, idiocies, tonight some people broke an overhead sprinkler in our dorm. So, I've been standing outside for about 2 hours and now just SNUCK back into my room. I had to evade numerous policepeople and firepeople to make it here. I feel like I'm in some kind of lord of the flies or something.

Luckily for me and my neighbors close, the sprinkler was down the hall and to the left, but at least 4 rooms on our floor were completely destroyed as I estimate it. Also, from reports below, the floor below that area has water seap through the ceiling, so about another 4-8 rooms completely destroyed there.

Anyone else have this garbage go on before? This is so idotic. I had a friend who went to Florida State and a few years back he told us all the story of how his room got flooded about a foot of water from the very same such incident. I feel fortunate that the flood did not reach me, but nonetheless this will be months (oh waith there's only months left in the entire semester - so basically the whole time I'm here) until things are back to normal.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Besides the typical, day to day, idiocies, tonight some people broke an overhead sprinkler in our dorm.

Anyone else have this garbage go on before? This is so idotic.

I never experienced the sprinklers going off but I remember the pleasures of dorm life well:

* College football players getting drunk on weekends and vomiting on the bathrooms floors and in the sinks. The putred mess would fester there until Monday when the janitors arrived.

* Entire racks of bicycles stolen. At once.

* The patronizing rape awareness sensitivity training sessions that were mandatory for all student residents.

* Fire alarms falsely activated in the wee hours.

* Selective enforcement of dorm regulations by Resident Advisors.

* Dorm social hierarchy and popularity pecking orders (see item above).

* Music students who practiced their music in their dorm rooms (see item above).

* The social and athletic clique who conducted lengthy, loud conversations in the hallways during study hours (see items above).

* Vandalism.

etc....