Florida Bans TruckNutz

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Principessa, Jun 1, 2008.

1. Principessa

Gold Member

I knew this was going to happen sooner or later. :tongue: Florida has banned and fined the auto accessory known as TruckNutz.

Florida Bans TruckNutz

Florida Senate Assembly members have added an amendment to ban people from proclaiming that they've got a pair by displaying them publicly on the back of their trucks in the form of faux beef genitalia.

I haven't quite figured out why, I suppose the cows in Florida aren't as happy as they are here in California. They must have got a coalition together and petitioned to do something so these evil people will quit offending them. I'm glad we're not the only ones making a nanny-state fool of ourselves.

Way to go, Florida voters!

So if you're planning on taking a trip to the freedom loving state of Florida, do yourself a favor and tuck your pair up under your bumper so you don't get a $60.00 ticket.

2. simcha

Gold Member

Wasn't this the subject of a thread a while ago.... Nevermind....

Anyway, I find it amusing that the people of Florida tolerate a legislature that wastes their money on writing, debating, amending, debating, and voting on a law like this. Sheer stupidity.

3. D_Portelay Porquesword

LMAO Truck Nuts.

4. TheWB

TheWB New Member

lmao do ppl actually put those on their trucks i never seen that shit before

5. unabear09

Gold Member

Albums:
    ok....I think trucknutz or whatever are stupid and immature.... BUT that doesn't give any gov't entity the right to say whether or not a person can have them.....

6. B_jacknapier

B_jacknapier New Member

Goddamnit, now I guess I'm going to have to get a git'r'done confederate flag bumper sticker or something for when i go down to florida. Seriously, though, when it comes to showing the car behind me that I'm a retarded asshole, nothing will take the place of my beloved prosthetic truck genitals.

7. _avg_

Gold Member

Albums:
    Gross. And so are the TruckNuts.

8. sandwulf

sandwulf Member

Albums:
    There all over the place around here. Though not always just on trucks. I see them sometimes on the sportier type vehicles. Sometimes even complete with the bumper sticker that says "This car has some balls"

I personally don't see anything wrong with them. I see more personalized license plates and bumper stickers ect... that are more irritating then a pair of fake balls hanging on the bumper of a vehicle. I'll admit that the first time I saw a pair hanging from the back bumper of one of the new Mustangs I got a bit of a laugh out of it.

People really seem to take the silliest things far to seriously.

9. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    God bless the nanny-state!

:rolleyes:

10. SteveHd

Gold Member

The Florida House didn't act on the matter and so they're not banned. Does everyone understand how a bicameral legisature works? :rolleyes:

11. faceking

faceking Active Member

Albums:
    Simcha... kinda like the Board of Supes in San Francisco wasting tax dollars to write resolutions condemning whatever they feel like, that have absolutely ZERO outcome. You should know first-hand the waste of writing, debating, amending, debating and voting on stupidity... at least this has some actionable outcome (whether right or wrong).

My sister and her 4 girls don't need to see these things, including a 3 and 5 yr old. Guessing many/most here that object and find it "nanny state", don't have children.

#11 faceking, Jun 2, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2008
  12. Principessa

Gold Member

I agree, I wouldn't want my son, if I had one thinking it was okay to go showing his balls in public either.

Have some decorum people! :cool:
    Main Entry: de·co·rum [​IMG] Pronunciation: \di-ˈkȯr-əm\ Function: noun Etymology: Latin, from neuter of decorus Date: 1568 1: literary and dramatic propriety : fitness
    2: propriety and good taste in conduct or appearance
    3: orderliness
    4plural : the conventions of polite behavior

13. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:

So your objections are based on your opinions of morality and decorum. :rolleyes:

Have you people learned nothing from past attempts at legislating morality?

14. D_Roland_D_Hay

D_Roland_D_Hay Account Disabled

What am I going to do with my truck nutz now? I guess I am going to have to move to another state (hah)

15. SpeedoMike

Gold Member

I recall a California legislator a while back proposed the same thing. Go figure!!

16. faceking

faceking Active Member

Albums:
    Jezuz HG... there is a reason why public nudity is against the law. If you object with that... I don't know what else I can do for you.

17. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Public nudity is not against the law.

18. faceking

faceking Active Member

Albums:
    Actually true, but neither is bad taste.

(whoops actually meant to put "not true"). Curious what state you are in...

#18 faceking, Jun 2, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2008
  19. faceking

faceking Active Member

Albums:
    In California:

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]CALIFORNIA CODES PENAL CODE[/SIZE][/FONT]​
    [SIZE=-1]SECTION 314.[/SIZE][SIZE=-1] Every person who willfully and lewdly, either: 1. Exposes his person, or the private parts thereof, in any public place, or in any place where there are present other persons to be offended or annoyed thereby; or, 2. Procures, counsels, or assists any person so to expose himself or take part in any model artist exhibition, or to make any other exhibition of himself to public view, or the view of any number of persons, such as is offensive to decency, or is adapted to excite to or thoughts or acts, is guilty of a misdemeanor.

Guessing the word "decency" in state penal code, you find 10x more offensive than the likeness of a swinging pair of rubber/plastic/whatever balls in front of a 3 year old girl.
    [/SIZE]

20. Shelby

Gold Member

Well I'm hoping all you thin skinned folk don't ever take your kids to a farm, a zoo or the agricultural exhibit at a state fair.

I know you'd cover your eyes so you're just going to have to take my word for it. Those animals are NAKED! :eek:

Draft saved Draft deleted