Flower Shows in U.S?

S

superbot

This week sees the start of the Chelsea Flower Show in London and later in June the Hampton Court Palace Flower Show.Is there an equivalent in America?

Sergeant_Torpedo

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
In the US flower shows are bigger and grander: impressive. I have just returned from the Royal Hospital Chelsea and this year's Chelsea Flower Show is brilliant.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
This week sees the start of the Chelsea Flower Show in London and later in June the Hampton Court Palace Flower Show.Is there an equivalent in America?

I can't think of any American equivalent in terms of size or prestige.

At least in the northern states, flower shows happen in late February or early March. They are basically trade shows open to the public for a small admittance fee. In exchange for seeing all that green and bloom at the worst part of Winter, one is bombarded with salespeople attempting to market everything from patio furniture to tools to paving.

They're a lot like car shows but for a very different demographic.

B_lrgeggs

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Yes, I've been to the Philadelphia Show. which is on the East Coast.
I understand the West Coast has a show that is pretty much the equivalent of the Philadelphia Show..And I guess they must have a mid
west equivalent as well.

S

superbot

I can't think of any American equivalent in terms of size or prestige.

At least in the northern states, flower shows happen in late February or early March. They are basically trade shows open to the public for a small admittance fee. In exchange for seeing all that green and bloom at the worst part of Winter, one is bombarded with salespeople attempting to market everything from patio furniture to tools to paving.

They're a lot like car shows but for a very different demographic.
I am surprised,not least for the fact that they're incredibly lucrative.But then again people in the UK do love their gardens (never,ever yards!!)The Queen is always at Chelsea for the opening day,then it's wall to wall queens from there on in!!