Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I’m a plant killer. Of course, I do have help - the cats love to dig them up. But I love flowers.

Reactions: g0nz0

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
You have undoubtedly good climate in your house :)

It's my hobby, I have a humidifier with the plants that need it, and I keep the ones that need less sin another part of the house in the bigger window area.

I actually love in a horrible climate for plants, but I do what I have to for my green babies.

Reactions: g0nz0

I've always been the recipient of extravagant amounts of masculine attention so receiving flowers par of the course.
The pleasure of receiving them is sometimes tempered by finding who the sender was.
While it's not the flowers fault they were sent by some mindless half wit with delusions of grandeur
I'll rip the note up, take them out of their box and rearrange them in a nice vase and refuse to acknowledge
that they've been sent.
On the rare occasion I've binned them if the sender is particularly odious.

These days I prefer a living plant and I'm very partial to receiving rare tropical fruit trees as a gift
and a token of affection.
There are several varieties of Jakfruit I haven't managed to aquire yet.

Reactions: g0nz0 and LaFemme

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ms Mickey and I are alike. I like live plants, any kind. A client sent me a huge bouquet of roses recently, and I thought that was so sweet of him. But I gave them to an assisted living facility nearby because I didn't want to bring them home. So in effect the joy he gave me was spread further.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I like living plants.

It's always struck me sad to kill something because it's beautiful then artistically arrange the bodies to present to a loved one.

I can won over with anything vining, ferns and succulents.
My sister is the same way. “Don’t send me dead things” she says. I’m fine with it. Especially since I’ll murder the live ones. I’ll keep the vase flowers pretty longer than the ones in a pot, sadly.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
My sister is the same way. “Don’t send me dead things” she says. I’m fine with it. Especially since I’ll murder the live ones. I’ll keep the vase flowers pretty longer than the ones in a pot, sadly.
You can have all my cut flowers in exchange for any hapless green thing that finds its way to your not-as-green as others thumb.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I prefer living, but cut flowers will do
I like forcing bulbs. It’s the best of both worlds.
If a man ever forced hyacinths out of season for me, I'd melt. I would feel so understood, and cherished. I'd feel similarly about being given an arrangement of some or all my favorites; roses, hydrangeas, tulips, lilies, and hyacinths, preserved in glycerin. Now, I don't know how you make all of that look good together, but if someone else did, I'd be mightily impressed.

Reactions: EllieP

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You know what? Skip the flowers. Come weed my flower beds and prune my shrubs. I have thousands of blooms right now! Roses, jasmine, azalea, and the wisteria and posies are budding. I forget what the ornamental tree in my backyard is, but the last blooms blew off it, and my peach tree in the storm that just came through. If weeding is too back-breaking, just harvest the Jasmine and make me some tea from it. Mid-summer, I'll thank you with a jasmine peach iced tea.

Nobody ever does this. And I don't ask. But if someone else thought of it, and did this for me, I'd be hard pressed to ever let him go.