Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Orchids are my #1. All the various species and hybrids just stole my heart.

I also love cacti, and the various blooms they produce.

Snap-dragons are also really lovely in the garden.

The smell of honeysuckle, man oh man!

Texas sage bushes are also beautiful when in bloom. The pale green foliage with the bright purple little flowers all over.. so pretty.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Vining Black-eyed Susans

My fences are a frame work for waterfalls of flowers.

100-Black-Eyed-Susan-Vine-Thunbergia-Alata-Flower-Seeds-easy-to-grow-beautiful-free-shipping_grande_4d39eccc-2f85-4090-ab62-8e6e01cace03_600x@2x.jpg

Media
Fireball bee balms. Love the color.

I had a proliferation of white daisies and Black-eyed Susans this summer that made me smile.

And a profusion of pink geraniums in huge pots that had great curb appeal and are still going strong in the back. The front has been redone for Autumn.

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ditto! I've just this year realized how beautiful they are.

cactus2a.jpg

epiphyluum_orchid_cactus_1_8914a0ff-161c-47a9-a0bd-b94f0a831080_800x.jpg

371628,xcitefun-blooming-cacti-2.jpg

Fuckin cactii.

Years ago, I had this snoopy wilderness guide kinda book, and it talked about being able to find water in cacti.

So my mom had this ornamental cactus on the kitchen table, I decided to nick it with a knife out of curiosity. So this white, latexy lookin stuff came out, and being the genius that I was, I wanted to taste it.

It tasted like... pain. Like being shot right in the damn tongue.

Apparently, it's some type of natural insecticide that cacti secret to keep bugs from munching on them. Works just as well on curious young men. My tongue still hurts just thinking about that.

Reactions: alcor972 and twoton

malakos

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Fuckin cactii.

Years ago, I had this snoopy wilderness guide kinda book, and it talked about being able to find water in cacti.

So my mom had this ornamental cactus on the kitchen table, I decided to nick it with a knife out of curiosity. So this white, latexy lookin stuff came out, and being the genius that I was, I wanted to taste it.

Apparently, it's some type of natural insecticide that cacti secret to keep bugs from munching on them. Works just as well on curious young men. My tongue still hurts just thinking about that.

Oh dear. I'll keep that in mind. Certainly you can't deny that the flowers are purty though. :p

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Fuckin cactii.

Did it *burn? I read somewhere that some types of cactus have Scoville measurements in the millions.

Cacti are so badass. (Not your experience, I sorry that happened to you) :(

Reactions: alcor972

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Yes, like that scene with the box in the David Lynch Dune movie.

Damn, like you had a mouth full of the hottest chili peppers imaginable :eek:
It's pretty incredible how plants have evolved to deal with the world around them, and cacti and orchids are probably my 2 favorite examples of extreme survivors.

I can't help but be reminded of a favorite movie...

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
No images because it seems like trying to embed them on mobile does strange shit, womp womp :(

Yup. I'm having the same issues. I can only link YouTube videos successfully with the phone. When I try pics/news articles it won't do it. Poo

Reactions: ronin001 and 693987