Flowers

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
I'm not usually one to post threads, especially ones that amount to glorified polls, but I felt like asking anyway.

Buying flowers for a woman I'm dating has always been a guilty pleasure of mine. It's a little old fashioned, but I feel like it's one of the best ways to show her that I was thinking about her and wanted to dote on her a bit. Anyways, I've never been told that I picked the "wrong" flowers, but I've certainly observed that some women like certain flowers more than others, and that there are a few that most women seem to like, but a few detest to the point of it being an incident (most noticeably roses).

I usually pick flowers based on the opinion and personality of the woman I'm buying them for and haven't really thought about what various types/colors supposedly "mean" (and maybe I ought to?). Besides a first-date situation, I usually I try to get a feel for the types of flowers she likes before getting her some.

Do you like receiving flowers from your lover?

What are your favorite flowers to receive from your lover/significant other and why?

Are there certain flowers you like or would like to receive for certain occassions, or is there a particular type and/or color that you love above all others?

What kind of flowers will convey to a woman that I have a massive penis? (This question is a joke.)

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Regardless of all implied meaning I wil NEVER say no to a Dozen long stemmed Red roses.
It is a absolute classic.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm sure I would love that. I've never had a man other than my dad give me flowers and that was only for ballet recitals when I was a little girl.

What are your favorite flowers to receive from your lover/significant other and why?
When making an arrangement for my bedroom I usually choose shasta daisys (I love those) blush or pale pink roses, pink. yellow, or red tulips and purple statice as filler. I hate babys breath and I find the purple accents most colors nicely.

Are there certain flowers you like or would like to receive for certain occassions, or is there a particular type and/or color that you love above all others?
I would love to receive a dozen red roses from a man who who really did love me.

What kind of flowers will convey to a woman that I have a massive penis? (This question is a joke.

There are actually a few flowers or plants which people liken to a penis. :wink: :biggrin1:

penis flower 1

penis flower 2

penis flower 3

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've always gotten flowers from men I've been dating. I like it. I really don't care what kind of -- roses, orchids, tulips, Casablanca lilies, etc., it's all good. It's the thought that counts.

I even like it when they cut an impromptu flower from the garden and "wear" it between their teeth when they arrive at the door.

My s/o, however, hasn't given me flowers in 4 -5 months.

I'm wondering if that means something bad!!! :eek::eek:

TinyPrincess

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Of course I like receiving flowers - if he doesn't bring me flowers every now and then (at least 2-3 times a month), he might as well forget it. It might be old-fashioned with flowers, but it's a nice way of showing that he was thinking of me. It's the same as inviting me on a trip, on a weekend or even just out to eat on a good restaurant - it's a sign of affection and love. It's part of any ABC for men - at least it should be.

Regardless of all implied meaning I wil NEVER say no to a Dozen long stemmed Red roses.
It is a absolute classic.

So true - and every man should bring you at least a dozen now and then.

My s/o, however, hasn't given me flowers in 4 -5 months.

I'm wondering if that means something bad!!! :eek::eek:

Kick him where it hurts - hard!!! Geez, what kind of spirit it this. Doesn't he love you anymore. You have to kick him now - otherwise there will suddenly be 4-5 years between him getting flowers.

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yes. Whenever I do it sort of renews my faith in men.

If he knows me well, stargazer lilies or freesia.
Otherwise any flowers work.

No specific occasion. I do love exotic colors, especially for lilies.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I love lilies too. They are so gorgeous!

As for the white roses, i love how perfect they look. I got tired of seeing red roses and white caught my fancy. On my 16th birthday my dad planted me a white rose bush in the yard and still to this day he picks off the roses to give to me when they bloom. in fact, i got one the other day when i went over there.

It has a special significance for me.

B_Artful Dodger

Experimental Member
Media
Buying flowers for a woman I'm dating has always been a guilty pleasure of mine. It's a little old fashioned, but I feel like it's one of the best ways to show her that I was thinking about her and wanted to dote on her a bit.

I agree man, Its classy. :biggrin1:

Whenever I buy a woman flowers, (unless I know that she prefers something else...) I usually get roses, (you really cant go wrong), either red, yellow or pink. Not peach just because I hate them and not white because it reminds me of funerals.

I wouldn't normally give lillies either because of past experience... (I once bought a girl lillies but as I walked with them from the car to her door, all the pollen fell out of them and ruined my clothes. :frown1:) I would send them though.

Never EVER give carnations! Nothing says I really cant be bothered like a carnation! haha. Cheap and horrible :redface:

lowteg

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think the safe ones to go for are red roses when you are dating a chic...

Man I gotta admit I love giving flowers to girls as well love the look on their face when you pull out a big bunch of red roses....

last valentines day got my ex gf a box of 24 pink roses brought it into her work hehhe she worked at this big beauty therapist place you should have seen the look on like 40 girls faces in the place when they saw the bunch of these flowers...

But yeah defiantly some girls like different colors more then others i think with my last gf the pink was defiantly more favorable then red I also got her some other colors nothing could match pink ehehe...

its the same with buying jewlery for girls some liek gold some liek silver...

Usually I just ask a close friend of theirs,

good luck man

D_Ivana Dickenside

Sexy Member
Media
i wouldn't know because no one ever brings me flowers :frown:

if i ever received flowers i would want something funky and non-traditional, like wild flowers or a mixed bouquet. but if the guy who's bringing me flowers is a traditionalist, he can never go wrong with a single red rose either.

my favorite flowers are flowers you can't exactly put together in a bouquet. i love sakuras (cherry blossoms) and they are my absolute fave. orchids, water lilies, daisies, and plumerias are also nice too. and like i mentioned earlier: roses... you can NEVER go wrong with roses.

D_Selmus_Swallow

Account Disabled
Media
Never known a woman to dislike getting flowers unless she's made it clear that she absolutely hates flowers.

It does help, in my experience if you're getting somebody flowers any way, to try and find out what ones they like and customize from there.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My favorite flowers are hyacinths. No one but my mother has ever bought me any. My ex used to buy me daisies all the time. As it turns out, those are his favorite flowers. My current boyfriend brings me roses on special occasions, and after we had a huge argument once, he brought home roses as an apology. I really like roses, but I'd love to receive some lilies, orchids, tulips, an azalea, a big arrangement of foxtail, or maybe some irises.

No matter what flowers are presented to me, it's nice to know I was thought of, and that someone wanted to give me a present. Even carnations make me smile.

tiggerpoo

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I buy my gf flowers every other day. Roses, spring flowers, great variety. And chocs. And shoes. And clothing. And jewelery.
OMG, whatever takes my fancy.

Shopping is her favourite passtime - she can buy whatever she wants.

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Yes. Whenever I do it sort of renews my faith in men.

If he knows me well, stargazer lilies or freesia.
Otherwise any flowers work.

No specific occasion. I do love exotic colors, especially for lilies.

Oh yeah, I love to give lillies myself. They're usually my first choice when it comes to a first date because I know at least I like them... and if my date doesn't than that may spell bad things for the potential of that relationship! :wink:

i wouldn't know because no one ever brings me flowers :frown:

Aw, I'd bring you flowers!

i love sakuras (cherry blossoms) and they are my absolute fave.

I'm a big sakura fan myself. When in Japan, going to hanami is a great date idea! The petals fall off and look like pink-and-white snowflakes floating down in the middle of a warm spring day.