Flowers

D_Ivana Dickenside

Sexy Member
Media
Oh yeah, I love to give lillies myself. They're usually my first choice when it comes to a first date because I know at least I like them... and if my date doesn't than that may spell bad things for the potential of that relationship! :wink:

Aw, I'd bring you flowers!

I'm a big sakura fan myself. When in Japan, going to hanami is a great date idea! The petals fall off and look like pink-and-white snowflakes floating down in the middle of a warm spring day.

awww mikey you can bring me flowers any day! :wink: and i'm super jealous you got to go to hanami. from what i've seen in photos it looks absolutely breath-taking.

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Buy me orchids and i'm yours.

Orchids huh? I'm a huge fan, but they seem like a risky choice, mostly because I don't think most people know what to do with them!

awww mikey you can bring me flowers any day! :wink: and i'm super jealous you got to go to hanami. from what i've seen in photos it looks absolutely breath-taking.

Oh, I'll bring more than just flowers, hun. :wink: But yeah, please go sometime! :smile: On top of being absolutely beautiful, it's one of the few times you can get drunk and be naughty right out in the open in Japan. There is definitely some "horseplay" going on out there... it's just a natural progression from being at such a romantic event.

BTW, loving your new avatar, stacy! Ain't nothin' wrong with that.

rover86

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
if someone ever gave me carnations - i would either laugh or cry. either way, not a good thing...

if you have a whole foods or fresh market, they usually have great (and classic/classy) flowers for decent prices. if you're challenged in the department, take the time to go to a florist and get advice...

the ole' saying "something is better than nothing" doesn't apply to flowers - because the whole point of sending/giving them, is to get that wow effect. not an eek.

on that note, my fave's: red roses, lilies (color is usually better than white), orchids (flowers are better than a plant if you're receiver isnt a greenthumb), hydrangea, peonies, and cymbidium orchids.

good luck!

WifeOfBath

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Do you like receiving flowers from your lover?

I do, though I tend to like other things as well. Actually, I'd probably rather receive a plant of some sort over cut flowers. It could be something for indoors in a pot, an arrangement for the patio, or a pot of wildflowers for the garden.

What are your favorite flowers to receive from your lover/significant other and why?

I like carnations, blue hydrangeas (very hard to find), sunflowers, black-eyed susans, various wildflowers, etc. In the plant department, you can never go wrong with lavender or ivy. I see and photograph flowers so much that I get tired of the old standbys. I do, however, still love peach or pink roses.

I like plants because I can watch them grow and nurture them. I know they will last more than a few days. However there's nothing quite like the smell and color of cut flowers.

Are there certain flowers you like or would like to receive for certain occassions, or is there a particular type and/or color that you love above all others?

I'm a baby pink mixed with red kinda girl when it comes to flowers. It's one of my few girly indulgences.

What kind of flowers will convey to a woman that I have a massive penis? (This question is a joke.)

Stick a single rose (sans thorns!) in your urethra. Disrobe at the door.

D_Tinker Ball

1st Like
Media
This thread is a little sad. So many women never receiving flowers... Anyway, the idea to ask other women which flowers to present your own is rather weird. Sometimes I give my gf a flower I've done myself with paper, an origami.