Fluid Motion

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
For some reason, probably my warped perception it puts me in mind of jellyfish and octopi playing.:rolleyes:

It's excellent full screen and awesome when projected....:biggrin1:

ClaireTalon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
mercurialbliss said:

Fractal geometry, together with complex numbers, can create some wonderful things if evaluated graphically. Unfortunately, I'm not enough a fan of pure mathematics to really enjoy these evaluations, but the results are beautiful. Thank you, Mr. Mandelbrot.

I remember having once seen a dynamic simulation of the temperature distributions on the re-entry side of the space shuttle, which was a dynamic display of the numeric solution of Boltzmann's transport equation. Was captivating, too, it looked like one of these themes that RealPlayer or WMP show when you play music on it.

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
ClaireTalon said:
Fractal geometry, together with complex numbers, can create some wonderful things if evaluated graphically. Unfortunately, I'm not enough a fan of pure mathematics to really enjoy these evaluations, but the results are beautiful. Thank you, Mr. Mandelbrot.

You're welcome. :biggrin1: I'm more of an abstract thinker and I guess that's why geometric concepts are more appealing to me than other mathematical concepts.

I remember having once seen a dynamic simulation of the temperature distributions on the re-entry side of the space shuttle, which was a dynamic display of the numeric solution of Boltzmann's transport equation. Was captivating, too, it looked like one of these themes that RealPlayer or WMP show when you play music on it.

*in her best Mr. Spock voice* Fascinating. Aren't those graphics hypnotic? Works better than a pocket watch.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Oh that's beautiful. I love it when art and logic overlap, although I must admit to being more of an art fart that a mathematician. I remember having a discussion about the irrational number phi with a friend back in Dayton who was basing his musical tones on it, fun stuff.

http://goldennumber.net/neophite.htm

BigPoppaFury

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
ClaireTalon said:

I wish I was clever enough to understand what any of this means.

ClaireTalon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
BigPoppaFury said:
I wish I was clever enough to understand what any of this means.

Just remember the RealPlayer/WMP part. The rest isn't important to those who don't have to do with it. But as someone who had to deal with it in her studies, the memory came back to me.