Focused Low-intensity Shockwave Therapy For Ed

herbho

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
There has been a lot of discussion on subjects related to erectile dysfunction ( pills, shots, etc). I am currently undergoing focused low-intensity shockwave therapy and thought I'd share my experience with readers who might be considering the treatment or just curious about how it works. There is very little ( if anything) written with accounts from the patients as to what happens, how it feels, and the results; everything is pretty clinical.

First of all, there are different kinds of shockwave, the focused and the acoustic ( Gainswave or anything with " wave" in its title). Focused goes much deeper to help restore the veins and arteries and has been the only procedure proven to be effective in the long run, so be careful.

A few weeks ago, I consulted a urologist to see if I would be a candidate. I have mild to moderate ed ( can get it hard, but don't keep it very long). Pills work great, which made me a good candidate. I was just tired of taking the pills and the side effects. So, after the "intimate" examination, it was determined that the procedure could be perfect for me. A schedule was made which had me going to the office once a week for six weeks, each procedure to last about fifteen minutes.

Last Tuesday was my first treatment. The nurse took me to the room ( why are they always so cold?) and told me to undress from the waist down, sit on the exam table, and put a sheet over my lower body. As I sat, waiting for the doctor, I looked at the machine, which looked like any other medical apparatus, but it had what looked like a small fleshlight attached to a tube coming from it. The doctor came in and, after talking about what would happen, he told me to lie back. As I did, he pulled down the sheet and told me to take the head of my penis and move the whole thing to the left so he could work on the right side. As he was talking, he took some gel and put it on the top of the apparatus and began the treatment by placing it at the base of my penis. Little shocks followed; nothing painful, just a little sharp feeling. He kept it there for a few minutes, then moved it up the shaft to the middle and repeated. After the middle, he moved it just below the head. This was the only time I really felt it. Just a little pain, since the head is more sensitive. After he finished, he had me move the penis to the other side and repeated the procedure. Then, it was finished. No pain, no bruise. I wiped off the gel, got dressed, and left .

He told me that everyone reacts differently. Some feel the beginning of results at sometime through the treatment, others might take until the last treatment has finished. As I left, my penis was tingling, but there is no other side-effect. I will let you know when the results start to kick in.

The only drawback is the cost. Insurance doesn't cover the cost and it's about $300- $400 or so per treatment. I don't care, as long as it works.

So, if you are interested, do some research on it to see if it might work on you. I just thought I'd share my experience for anyone who might be in the same boat. Feel free to DM me if you want more info.

littleguy2

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
There has been a lot of discussion on subjects related to erectile dysfunction ( pills, shots, etc). I am currently undergoing focused low-intensity shockwave therapy and thought I'd share my experience with readers who might be considering the treatment or just curious about how it works. There is very little ( if anything) written with accounts from the patients as to what happens, how it feels, and the results; everything is pretty clinical.

First of all, there are different kinds of shockwave, the focused and the acoustic ( Gainswave or anything with " wave" in its title). Focused goes much deeper to help restore the veins and arteries and has been the only procedure proven to be effective in the long run, so be careful.

A few weeks ago, I consulted a urologist to see if I would be a candidate. I have mild to moderate ed ( can get it hard, but don't keep it very long). Pills work great, which made me a good candidate. I was just tired of taking the pills and the side effects. So, after the "intimate" examination, it was determined that the procedure could be perfect for me. A schedule was made which had me going to the office once a week for six weeks, each procedure to last about fifteen minutes.

Last Tuesday was my first treatment. The nurse took me to the room ( why are they always so cold?) and told me to undress from the waist down, sit on the exam table, and put a sheet over my lower body. As I sat, waiting for the doctor, I looked at the machine, which looked like any other medical apparatus, but it had what looked like a small fleshlight attached to a tube coming from it. The doctor came in and, after talking about what would happen, he told me to lie back. As I did, he pulled down the sheet and told me to take the head of my penis and move the whole thing to the left so he could work on the right side. As he was talking, he took some gel and put it on the top of the apparatus and began the treatment by placing it at the base of my penis. Little shocks followed; nothing painful, just a little sharp feeling. He kept it there for a few minutes, then moved it up the shaft to the middle and repeated. After the middle, he moved it just below the head. This was the only time I really felt it. Just a little pain, since the head is more sensitive. After he finished, he had me move the penis to the other side and repeated the procedure. Then, it was finished. No pain, no bruise. I wiped off the gel, got dressed, and left .

He told me that everyone reacts differently. Some feel the beginning of results at sometime through the treatment, others might take until the last treatment has finished. As I left, my penis was tingling, but there is no other side-effect. I will let you know when the results start to kick in.

The only drawback is the cost. Insurance doesn't cover the cost and it's about $300- $400 or so per treatment. I don't care, as long as it works.

So, if you are interested, do some research on it to see if it might work on you. I just thought I'd share my experience for anyone who might be in the same boat. Feel free to DM me if you want more info.
Hi
Great info. Can’t wait to hear about your follow up treatments and the results. How old are you? thanks

Reactions: merc41

I will keep everyone posted. I'm 67

I hope the treatments bring a lot of success. Thank you for offering to test the system and provide feedback.

I have read a number of the report and am skeptical of most, especially when the findings are presented as part of a promotional.

One of the more technical presentations can be seen at a University of California briefing.
It does not appear to have promotional objectives.

But even they indicate that any benefit will be modest and will/may degenerate over a relatively short period.

My recommendation would be to give close consideration to the discussions located at
The presenter has experience with dick enlargement and with erection issues. What is better, he does not appear to be selling something. Better yet, he recommends a process that can be done to increase blood flow in the dick at home which is the same objective focused on by the different wave therapies..

herbho

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I hope the treatments bring a lot of success. Thank you for offering to test the system and provide feedback.

I have read a number of the report and am skeptical of most, especially when the findings are presented as part of a promotional.

One of the more technical presentations can be seen at a University of California briefing.
It does not appear to have promotional objectives.

But even they indicate that any benefit will be modest and will/may degenerate over a relatively short period.

My recommendation would be to give close consideration to the discussions located at
The presenter has experience with dick enlargement and with erection issues. What is better, he does not appear to be selling something. Better yet, he recommends a process that can be done to increase blood flow in the dick at home which is the same objective focused on by the different wave therapies..

Thanks for your input. Before I decided to do this, I did quite a bit of research, since this is a relatively new procedure. Much is still a bit experimental. Because of the newness, and the fact that each person's problem is different, the procedures might vary slightly. Because of this, I chose to consult the urologists at the Cleveland Clinic and am under their care. But, one must be careful in choosing a provider. As an example of the difference in treatment, the following video shows shocks to the crura ( perineum). My doctor chose to access the area through the base of the penis, instead of the perineum. I don't know what difference it makes. We'll see. My erections are "in the hands" of a world class hospital staff, so I feel confident. I certainly will keep the info up.

Last edited:
Reactions: merc41 and 622675

snowman 1234

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I am 65 - noticed a decline in number and hardness of my erections . I did not try any pills , did ask my doctor if the new high blood pressure meds could cause this - " might have an effect , but not as bad as the other ones I could prescribe" I heard the ads on the radio , checked the clinic web site, and made the call
A private clinic in Ontario , not covered by the provincial health insurance . A male attendant showed me to the exam room , doctor entered and did an ultra sound exam of my perineum and dick - said I was a good candidate . I saw the attendant again and he discussed the cost , scheduled a series of treatments .
Twice a week for three weeks, then a rest period . If I did not think there was an improvement , other sessions were available at no cost . I would be shown to the room , strip down boxers and pants , sit on the table and wait . I was told to lay down , he gave me a paper towel to hold my nuts out of the way , then used the shockwave device on the penis that you can feel through the perineum . Down the centre and along both sides . He removed the paper towel and let my nuts go back down . slide my foreskin down , grabbed my dick by the glans and extend my dick . A series of treatments on all four sides and he was finished . Actual shockwave treatment not painful , slight "zing" and it was over . Most uncomfortable was pulling on my glans .. A bit of redness and circular marks on my shaft where he used the device
I scheduled three sessions of treatments . Mid way through the last session I hard an erection during the treatment - took that as a sign of improvement .
I do not have erections like a 20 year old - afraid those days are over, but it is reassuring to get hard enough to enjoy masturbating again . Was it expensive - yes. I justified it thus - Covid has cancelled all travel plans , used my travel budget for the treatments . I was able to claim part of the expense as a medical expense on my income tax return .
Think most guys underestimate the negative effects of a soft dick until it happens to them

littleguy2

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I am 65 - noticed a decline in number and hardness of my erections . I did not try any pills , did ask my doctor if the new high blood pressure meds could cause this - " might have an effect , but not as bad as the other ones I could prescribe" I heard the ads on the radio , checked the clinic web site, and made the call
A private clinic in Ontario , not covered by the provincial health insurance . A male attendant showed me to the exam room , doctor entered and did an ultra sound exam of my perineum and dick - said I was a good candidate . I saw the attendant again and he discussed the cost , scheduled a series of treatments .
Twice a week for three weeks, then a rest period . If I did not think there was an improvement , other sessions were available at no cost . I would be shown to the room , strip down boxers and pants , sit on the table and wait . I was told to lay down , he gave me a paper towel to hold my nuts out of the way , then used the shockwave device on the penis that you can feel through the perineum . Down the centre and along both sides . He removed the paper towel and let my nuts go back down . slide my foreskin down , grabbed my dick by the glans and extend my dick . A series of treatments on all four sides and he was finished . Actual shockwave treatment not painful , slight "zing" and it was over . Most uncomfortable was pulling on my glans .. A bit of redness and circular marks on my shaft where he used the device
I scheduled three sessions of treatments . Mid way through the last session I hard an erection during the treatment - took that as a sign of improvement .
I do not have erections like a 20 year old - afraid those days are over, but it is reassuring to get hard enough to enjoy masturbating again . Was it expensive - yes. I justified it thus - Covid has cancelled all travel plans , used my travel budget for the treatments . I was able to claim part of the expense as a medical expense on my income tax return .
Think most guys underestimate the negative effects of a soft dick until it happens to them
Thanks for the info. 65 here and have erection issues for a number of years. So true that most guys underestimate what it is like not be able to get hard. Yes you can cum with a soft dick but nothing beats the throbbing feel of a hard dick while you stroke it. Good luck to you in this process

herbho

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I had my second of six shockwave treatments the other day. The procedure was the same as the first: 3,000 shockwaves against my penis. However, I have noticed a change ( and it's not all psychological). Last Sat, I had a late night rendezvous with a fucking buddy. Since I wanted to be all relaxed to enjoy the evening, I contacted my massotherapist who comes over to my place. I was going to get a massage, shower, and go over to my friend's house and, because I wouldn't have a lot of time in between, I popped a pill ( only 50 mg) before the massage. Well, during the massage, I popped a boner like I hadn't had since I was 21; it was rigid and pulsating. My therapist doesn't care, but I still tried to hold it down ( to no avail). Usually, if I have an erection, it stays for a short period of time and goes down. This one didn't, lasting through the massage and reappeared as I was soaping up in the shower afterwards. Needless to say, my session with my FB was exciting. Even though I am a bottom, getting sucked was given a new meaning. Even he was pleasantly shocked. I have also begun to develop morning hardons again and feel much younger, waking up at full mast. I have four more to go, so who knows? I have been very pleasantly surprised at the results so early in the procedure. I realize that the pill was the reason for the first erection, but the intensity of it was the big difference.

herbho

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
One thing for anyone who might want to investigate this procedure: Since this is relatively new, each doctor might have a different procedure. For example, I have seen procedures in which some of the shocks are administered through the perineum. Mine were not, but done at the very base of the penis. The second procedure was done by a different doctor than the one I had before. For this, I did the same thing by undressing below the waist. This time I was lying down, instead of just reclining. For the first procedure, the doctor asked me to hold my penis and expose each side, so he could administer the shocks. This time, the dr did it all himself, holding my penis in his hand as he administered the shocks. This time, for the shock at the base, the apparatus was dug into my groin much more. Both times, the shocks felt like a mild hand buzzer sensation. It lasts a short time, then it goes away. so, there is not one standard method of doing this. You'd have to consult the dr.

Reactions: ItalTony9

wishingfor10

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
You should be aware that you buy the same type of devices these doctors use for cost about $300 to $600. And yes, it does excellent work. I am 62 and also use a penis pump every other day. I prefer to do the shock treatments while hard as it makes the treatment less painful. I will do these ever other day for about 2 weeks, then take a 2 week break.

With the combination of these, I need to either fuck or jack off at least once per day. On many occasions, I need to ejaculate up to 3 times a day. I consider this remarkable at my age.

littleguy2

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Is this the Pho
You should be aware that you buy the same type of devices these doctors use for cost about $300 to $600. And yes, it does excellent work. I am 62 and also use a penis pump every other day. I prefer to do the shock treatments while hard as it makes the treatment less painful. I will do these ever other day for about 2 weeks, then take a 2 week break.

With the combination of these, I need to either fuck or jack off at least once per day. On many occasions, I need to ejaculate up to 3 times a day. I consider this remarkable at my age.
Is this the Phoenix that I have seen advertised recently?

herbho

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I finished my third treatment and have noticed a real difference. I have found that I am able to erect and sustain a much harder erection for a longer period of time. For the first time in a while, I am experiencing rock hard morning erections. I have also noticed that when I am erect, I am a little thicker. Having handled it for many years, I could feel that it was thicker. So far, I am very pleased. Three more to go.

Evenflow618

Legendary Member
Media

Good stuff. Weak erections are the worst

herbho

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Had the fourth treatment and it seemed a bit more " shocking" than the other; I felt the impulses more. This time, before the treatment, I was given a questionnaire which asked if I was confident with my erections and if I could keep erect enough to penetrate and finish intercourse. I wasn't sure about how to answer the question, so I informed the male nurse that I was gay and did not participate in "regular" intercourse. He thought about it and asked if I received oral sex. I said I did, so he told me to consider the mouth a sexual orifice in that case. So, I answered using that as a criterion. I then got undressed, put the sheet over my lower body and waited for the procedure. After the procedure my penis tingled for about 30 min. The next day, I was sitting at my computer and all of a sudden, I got a raging hardon, which I hadn't had for many years, without the use of pills. It lasted for quite a while. I was thinking of jacking off, but my penis was still a little sensitive form the procedure. I am getting more spontaneous erections. Two more treatments, but so far, I am very pleased.

littleguy2

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Had the fourth treatment and it seemed a bit more " shocking" than the other; I felt the impulses more. This time, before the treatment, I was given a questionnaire which asked if I was confident with my erections and if I could keep erect enough to penetrate and finish intercourse. I wasn't sure about how to answer the question, so I informed the male nurse that I was gay and did not participate in "regular" intercourse. He thought about it and asked if I received oral sex. I said I did, so he told me to consider the mouth a sexual orifice in that case. So, I answered using that as a criterion. I then got undressed, put the sheet over my lower body and waited for the procedure. After the procedure my penis tingled for about 30 min. The next day, I was sitting at my computer and all of a sudden, I got a raging hardon, which I hadn't had for many years, without the use of pills. It lasted for quite a while. I was thinking of jacking off, but my penis was still a little sensitive form the procedure. I am getting more spontaneous erections. Two more treatments, but so far, I am very pleased.
Glad to hear about the progress. That spontaneous erection must have felt great

Reactions: casper72

herbho

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Glad to hear about the progress. That spontaneous erection must have felt great

Thank you. It did, because it was so surprising as to the hardness. I was throbbing. I'm in that condition right this second, so I think I'll just have to take care of that.

littleguy2

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Thank you. It did, because it was so surprising as to the hardness. I was throbbing. I'm in that condition right this second, so I think I'll just have to take care of that.
Enjoy the moments like that. Hope they continue for you

Reactions: casper72