Follow up: Son's Curiousity

scottsimms

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
It's one of the creepiest stories I've ever heard between a father and son. The post practically quivers with prurient excitement.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
scottsimms said:
It's one of the creepiest stories I've ever heard between a father and son. The post practically quivers with prurient excitement.

I don't think it is creepy actually...

Should he have been naked during this convo?? Maybe not. But the fact that both he and his son were able to clear up some questions, is definetally the main point, and the most important.

Reactions: Blue2627

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I can sympathize with your thoughts, as I grew up differently and it does seem a bit wierd to us, as we never had that experience.
However:

What Problem is there? He's growing up, and changes are happening to his body that he doesn't understand.
It's natural for any young male to size up other males - Straight or Gay.
If he can do that early on with his son, his son will be a bit more secure about his body.

There isn't a shock factor "Oh my god Im nekkid!!!"
It takes all of that away, and makes him feel comfortable with himself, and most importantly Feel NORMAL.

My parents were very hush hush about these things, and my father and I never had "The Talk".
I wonder if that is why I am so shy about myself, shy to use Gym Showers, too shy to use the urinals vs. the stalls.

If it's Healthy and helps to cure his son's curiosity, good deal.
Now that it's done, its done. So he shouldn't come back staring in the showers.
If he does....Time for part 3 (The firm talk)

(And fill out your profile)

planecrash said:
:wtf1:I'm shocked at the response. Am I the only one that thinks this is a bit weird? If my dad did this I would have run from the room, and I'm glad he never did. and I'm definitely not strutting around nude in front of my kid so he can check out my cock, I don't care how curious he is. If he wants to ask me a question I'm ok with that, but this approach is in no way a proper way to deal with whatever problem he is having.

Did you ask a professional on this, or was your only source of advice the prople here???

Howard10011

Just Browsing
Media
I tend to agree with PlaneCrash regarding how appropriate this was. It's not "puritanical" to think it's unnecessary to parade one's privates for the purpose of evoking conversation. Even the dad in question raised doubts about it.

Still, if it got the kid to feel more settled about himself -- and from the dad's description it did -- then there's probably no harm done. Time will tell.

rchangin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
jeff black said:
I don't think it is creepy actually...

Should he have been naked during this convo?? Maybe not. But the fact that both he and his son were able to clear up some questions, is definetally the main point, and the most important.

I agree. I don't think it's creepy either. If you've gone back to the original post and even further back to the original thread, you'll remember that the son has seen his dad naked before in the shower. In fact, this is what generated the father's questions. I think he's showing his son that being naked in front of others is not anything to worry about regardless of size and by going au naturale, he got his son to talk about what was really on his mind.

I say Bravo! to the dad.

basque9

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
planecrash said:
:wtf1:I'm shocked at the response. Am I the only one that thinks this is a bit weird? If my dad did this I would have run from the room, and I'm glad he never did. and I'm definitely not strutting around nude in front of my kid so he can check out my cock, I don't care how curious he is. If he wants to ask me a question I'm ok with that, but this approach is in no way a proper way to deal with whatever problem he is having.

Did you ask a professional on this, or was your only source of advice the prople here???

I think we are perhaps overlooking the fact that this father and son know one another better than we can posibly know either of them. What might seem inappropriate or weird or prurient about their interaction is essentially irrelevant to the process! More importantly, this father understands his son and the process of education worked! Better to take a bold and proactive approach than no approach as an inhibited father is likely to do!:smile:

scottsimms

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
If this post had a shred of authenticity, maturity, decency, or paternal love about it, the poster would have kept such intimate knowledge to 'himself', not solicited 'advice' (hilarious!!) on a message board devoted to sex and not disseminated it for all the world to see, regardless of the board's anonymity. It's either complete fiction or sheer, mindboggling perversity.

Snozzle

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
scottsimms said:
If this post had a shred of authenticity, maturity, decency, or paternal love about it, the poster would have kept such intimate knowledge to 'himself', not solicited 'advice' (hilarious!!) on a message board devoted to sex and not disseminated it for all the world to see, regardless of the board's anonymity. It's either complete fiction or sheer, mindboggling perversity.
It's secretiveness like what you promote that is the problem. I think Sean shows a lot of authenticity, maturity, decency AND paternal love. Nor is there any suggestion he "strutted around" naked. Sounds very healthy to me, if a bit awkward, presumably because Sean didn't have a father like that.

One indication that it was on the level is that neither got hard during the course of it - assuming Sean isn't leaving that out. If either had, it could have got quite awkward.

What's not clear to me is that he made it clear to his son that his dong is bigger than average, and the son might not finish up so big, but that was alright too.

And he might have pointed out to Todd that by measuring it against the tiles, Todd automatically got a bigger measurement than reality, just as if he'd measured its shadow cast by a light as far away as Todd was.

thirteenbyseven

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
:yikes:Even as I write this correspondent Chris Hanson and the NBC team of Perv Hunters! are creating a new segment entitled Perv DADS! Sorry, even as a long time nudist who has seen nearly everything this creeps me out.

kurios

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
OK for all you creeped out people...Just how would you have handled it that would make it sooooooo much more appropriate and ease you sensibilities?
Would you have referred the son to 'a professional'..sounds like Dear Abby's solution to everything.
Would you draw him some pictures?
Or better would you crap all over him for being curious?
Come on offer up some hindsight once you get over being offended!

scottsimms

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Let's just say that going on a website and discussing intimate details about my son and myself with strangers of dubious provenance BEFORE TALKING TO A PROFESSIONAL would be the last of my options. 'Nuff said.

hungschlong

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Both sides of the argrument are valid but, in these days even professionals screw some people up.

Plus how many people are professionals about talking to kids about their dicks? Seriously? "professionals" are probably more twisted than 1/2 the people on this forum.

So, I applaud Sean O for atleast caring and taking the time for doing what he felt was right.

Atleast he cares.