Fondue pots

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The Melting Pot?

Went once with my family for my ex's birthday and it cost a small fortune -- so I wasn't surprised to walk by the other day and see that my local Melting Pot was closed.

HOWEVER, I would have liked to have learned more about their sauces/techniques.

Liquid can be a vegetarian (or low calorie) option to cheese and chocolate fondues.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
No, sushi is different. Even just the basic pieces are over a perfectly shaped mound of rice. The rolls are pretty and perfectly put together. I could never do that. Sushi is definitely a good thing!

The thing about the Melting Pot is there's a huge pot in the center of the table (and someone always gets perpetually steamed at the table all night) and they bring you raw cuts of meat to cook yourself. They even tell you how long to cook them. The quantity isn't huge and I didn't find the cuts to be of any excellent quality to warrant their price either. Even though the desserts are tasty, you still don't get a whole lot of pieces and parts to dip and what you do get sometimes just crumbles into the mixture. I should also note though that my opinion is skewed as I'd always prefer fresh fruit and nothing else for dessert. Chocolate isn't my hot button.

The Melting Pot?

Went once with my family for my ex's birthday and it cost a small fortune -- so I wasn't surprised to walk by the other day and see that my local Melting Pot was closed.

HOWEVER, I would have liked to have learned more about their sauces/techniques.

Liquid can be a vegetarian (or low calorie) option to cheese and chocolate fondues.

The Melting Pot is definitely a fad. Once people go once and get into fondue, get their own fondue set, and see how you can do it with really quality ingredients (better than Melting Pot), they won't spend the money.

We do it at home and it is a great dinner party lengthener and you can do dinner kind of tapas style. Conversation keeps going people can pick and choose what they want from a variety of things rather than being locked into just one. It brings a whole table together rather than pockets of people chatting at this end or that end of the table.