Food On the Run

necromechwiz

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Does anyone has advice as to packing healthy foods for the day (lunches, snacks, etc.). I'm a grad student+intern+worker and not home too often, so I'm looking for things I can grab pretty easily and tote with that aren't bad for me.

Suggestions?

Guill

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Veggies and fruit keep well and they're good for you. For healthy with a little more taste a sandwich on whole wheat with your choice of meat, cheese and mustard. Whole wheat crackers are good too.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
If you have a refrigerator to keep your snacks cold the sky it the limit. If not, I pack things like steamed green beans with some vinegar, oil and lemon juice, fresh fruit, hard boiled eggs and bread and butter. I usually always pack raw almonds wherever I go. I'm still a sucker for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich so once and a while I carry one of those too. If you have a small thermos that fits in your bag, hot soup on a cold day is a nice treat

cups

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm usually in a big hurry in the mornings.....so as not to miss breakfast I will have an "ensure plus".
They come in a few flavours (chocolate, strawberry.....), they are about 370 calories and packed with everything good for ya.
They really help to tie me over for awhile.