Food On the Run

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by necromechwiz, Jan 21, 2010.

1. necromechwiz

necromechwiz New Member

Does anyone has advice as to packing healthy foods for the day (lunches, snacks, etc.). I'm a grad student+intern+worker and not home too often, so I'm looking for things I can grab pretty easily and tote with that aren't bad for me.

Suggestions?

2. Guill

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Veggies and fruit keep well and they're good for you. For healthy with a little more taste a sandwich on whole wheat with your choice of meat, cheese and mustard. Whole wheat crackers are good too.

3. catman

Gold Member

4. nudeyorker

Gold Member

If you have a refrigerator to keep your snacks cold the sky it the limit. If not, I pack things like steamed green beans with some vinegar, oil and lemon juice, fresh fruit, hard boiled eggs and bread and butter. I usually always pack raw almonds wherever I go. I'm still a sucker for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich so once and a while I carry one of those too. If you have a small thermos that fits in your bag, hot soup on a cold day is a nice treat

5. cups

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I'm usually in a big hurry in the mornings.....so as not to miss breakfast I will have an "ensure plus".
    They come in a few flavours (chocolate, strawberry.....), they are about 370 calories and packed with everything good for ya.
    They really help to tie me over for awhile.

Draft saved Draft deleted