Football player injuries

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by ManiacalMadMan, Sep 16, 2007.

1. ManiacalMadMan

Gold Member

Watching some of the games today with football (the American style with many tackles and hard body hits) I began wondering if football players are more likely than other sports to obtain sexual organ injury I know they wear protecting gear but those cups can only do so much when 7 or 8 huge men pile on top of you.

Wonder if any one knows the statistics on this?

2. gjorg

Gold Member

I know two players and they claim to only wear compression shorts! Believe it or not!

3. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

The only experience I had with playing organized football was in high school. I saw (and experienced) many injuries to muscles, bones, knees, thumbs and fingers, but not to any genitalia - except for the occasional, temporary trauma of a knee or shoulder to the balls.

4. dcwrestlefan

Gold Member

that's pretty dumb. i don't like hardcup jocks, but the potential for pain there scares me. only thing worse would be to be in a baseball game without one, and getting hit with a line drive or 90 mph fastball.

5. realest1

realest1 New Member

I've played rugby league my whole life and in 16 years only had 1 bad injuiry to my testicles. And it was only severe bruising. I don't wear a cup or any protective padding at all. I've had more concusions than injuries to my sexual organs.

I also don't no of anyone in the whole sport that wears a cup. And have only heard of very few injuries to that area

6. ManiacalMadMan

Gold Member

That sounds like incredible good luck not to have had more injury with not wearing any protective cups

7. fak_et

fak_et New Member

I wore a cup in middle school football. It was always uncomfortable and teamates would cup check you and kick you in the nuts if you had one and it still hurt like hell. I decided that I never got hit there for a year so i didn't wear one in highschool and I never had a problem.

8. PinkSteel

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Hockey requires a hard cup. You only need to be hit in the jewels once by a frozen puck to understand that.
    Also there's the sharp blade danger of someone sliding into you.
    Yikes!

9. fak_et

fak_et New Member

I heard a story about a kid who got his sack sliced open with an ice skate playin hockey. I guess he got it stiched up and it was ok but that would suck.

10. gjorg

Gold Member

This thread makes my balls ache!

11. guiltrip

guiltrip New Member

Hockey is wear the real damage is done, thats why they always wear cups.

12. Hockeytiger

Hockeytiger Active Member

So very, very true. Been there, done that, and suffered a ruptured testicle (and I was even wearing my cup).

13. batcave

batcave New Member

Players in the NFL don't wear cups. Read an article about it and it's a macho thing.

14. AustinPA

AustinPA Member

Working in a hospital ER I see all types of sports related injuries for all ages. Cycling (the handlebars) has the most instances of injury to the genitalia, to include for women. I can't recall any football injuries to a players genitalia, but I have seen a lot of groin muscle injuries, among other injuries to limbs and upper body trauma (sternum, ribs, head, neck). I have heard of several trauma by hitting the testicles/penis with a kick or poke or whatever, but have not seen it from football. I suspect most of those instances are not serious enough on the football field to warrant a trip to the ER. From when I played sports, most guys just "walk it off" and play on.

Draft saved Draft deleted