For a woman, is there such a thing as too much lube?

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by Shackleford, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Shackleford

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    As I don't have a vagina, I can only ask: is there a point of diminishing returns when it comes to using artificial lubricants for intercourse?

Obviously, not enough is a bad, bad thing, but is it possible to reduce the friction enough to actually make it less pleasurable? Or is "friction" not really an issue anyway? I've read here and elsewhere that the vagina is mostly receptive of pressure and it's the filling/stretching sensation that's perceived more than any other. If that's the case, it stands to reason that the ease at which the penis slides in and out is irrelevant, so long as it's actually sliding.

Forgive me if it's a goofy question, but I can say with certainty the slickness does affect the sensation from a guy's perspective, and there is a happy medium.

2. B_subgirrl

B_subgirrl New Member

I hate it when there's too much lube. In fact, I prefer not to use it at all. I make enough of my own.

3. D_Fiona_Farvel

D_Fiona_Farvel Account Disabled

I produce a lot of natural lube and usually wipe some away, even when masturbating. For my body, there is a loss of sensation, just to much gliding where there should be a nice, smooth, but textured, grip.

4. RawDog

Gold Member

Albums:
    If a guy's girth was on the threshold of being too much to handle is there really such a thing as too much lube? I've had sessions with MrsR where the soreness got to the point we just couldn't have enough lube.

5. B_subgirrl

B_subgirrl New Member

I can't really imagine a girth that could take me to that point. My soreness from girth is more a sore muscles thing than a friction burn thing.

6. D_Crystallized Ginger

I think everyone now is asking what's your length and girth... I've seen your pics but there are not so clear measuring shots...you look almost 7 inches long and 2 inches wide...but what's your girth boy?

7. Serial Kisser

Serial Kisser Well-Known Member

No one seems to be asking that except you.

8. D_Hillary_Clitton

D_Hillary_Clitton Account Disabled

Some lubes feel sticky after a lot of penetration, starts to get uncomfortable.

9. paigexox

Gold Member

Albums:
    I guess I am the only one who isn't really bothered by lots of lube. So long as the penis is large enough to give me a sufficient stretching effect, I really don't mind the extra slickness and lack of friction. In fact I prefer feeling really wet, especially if I am rubbing my clit or lips because it just feels... exciting. Plus I have a thing for the "sound" it makes :smile:

10. badgirl22

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I'm not bothered by too much lube - don't actually use it but I get quite wet. I have actually wondered the same thing in reverse...Is there such a thing as too wet? Does it make it more difficult to feel the women?

11. petite

petite New Member

Albums:
    I've never been bothered by too much lube, but it also depends on what kind of lube it is.

I am a bit older than most of the posters here and now my body is inconsistent about how wet I get depending on where I am in my cycle, sometimes so incredibly wet, sometimes oddly dry despite my intense desire for a nice long fuck (I am speaking of how it was before I was pregnant). That's a lot different than it was when I was younger, when I seemed to always be wet and slick. Right now my pregnancy also has some unusual affects on how my natural lubricant feels. Sometimes I am dripping wet but it isn't very slick, sort of watery feeling, so that even though I'm literally dripping, I still feel the need for saliva or an artificial lubricant. I bought a silicone based lube off the sale table at the local sex shop that is creamy and thick and is so smooth and slick feeling and it dries very nicely, like an expensive lotion. I like it a lot and that's been my preferred lube lately.

12. RawDog

Gold Member

Albums:
    MrsR says there are three kinds of soreness when we do our fuckapalooza weekends. 1 - Her legs, from spreading and lifting them up (our best workaround is our swing). 2 - The surface soreness from the friction (when no matter how much lube we use, it's never enough). And 3) The vaginal muscle soreness you mentioned. I guess the third one is more a function of pressure, collision and clenching than that of friction.

Good point.

A lot of the water based lubes do that to us as well (after about 10 or 15 minutes). The silicone based lubes and olive oil are the best alternatives to get around that one.

THAT is the response I'd give from the male perspective. Very well put. The tightness doesn't diminish for me when it's ridiculously wet, just the amount of friction. The lower the friction, the longer we can go. (Quantity *is* quality at this point). I love the sound too, by the way.

In a word, "NO!" Well, let me re-phrase that... I haven't had that experience yet. I would imagine that could be the case if there was a size mismatch to begin with, but there've been times when I did an oops on the bottled variety and lathered it up too thickly.

Ever seen those gladiator movies when they spread olive oil all over their musclular bodies and scrape it off with a stick? That's exactly how my cock looks after the first two strokes of "too much" lube. Physics pretty much takes care of the extra stuff that isn't necessary.

I think that's the trick to clean up with silicone based llube... you don't. Just letting it dry is good enough.

All in all, I love the pussy snot (my wife hates that term), but the bottled variety beats saliva any day. (Except the initial entry portion. Sometimes the natural stuff gets trapped internally and the introitus can still be painfully dry)

13. paigexox

Gold Member

Albums:
    Haha, I'll toast to that! I enjoy sex at that point because I still get a lot of sensation, but it's just... comfortable. I don't know how else to put it other than it's almost soothing to get the full feeling in conjunction with heightened wetness.

14. RawDog

Gold Member

Albums:
    :beerchug2: with a high five thrown in.

15. B_subgirrl

B_subgirrl New Member

Oh, the leg pain is BAD! My ex had legs like tree trunks. I swear it used to feel like my hips were going to dislocate if we had anything more than a quickie.

The muscle soreness seems to come in different forms, depending on what's been happening. With one FB I get a lot of muscle soreness around the entrance to my vagina (definitely related to girth). With the other FB I get soreness much further in (from length pain), plus ALL my muscles get sore (too much of an orgasm workout). But although their girths are similar, I don't get as much of the girth related pain with the second FB. I put it down to arousal and muscle relaxation, because they both use plenty of lube (unfortunately).

You have put lovely pictures in my head. Thank you very much :biggrin1:

16. RawDog

Gold Member

Albums:
    Exactly what my wife says regarding her hips.

The entrance soreness is similar, but add to that the stubbles if it's been more than 3 weeks since my last waxing.

Yup, my wife's backstop gets plenty sore if we focus on that area for too long. Like a dull ache deep inside.

Unfortunately? So there is such a thing as too much lube for girthy guys? Is sensation lost? Is one of them cut and the other uncut? Is one much longer than the other? I wonder if your vaginal canal gets narrower with a longer dick, or if you tend to relax more with the longer guy out of necessity.

It's always a pleasure anytime I can put anything in you.

17. Empathizer

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    But the soreness is so wonderful... Like crying during a war-buddy movie or a chick flick. Like a high school crush on a person who has no idea you're anything but another human being he or she barely recognizes. It's workout pain. And it also carries the most transporting aftershocks and most visceral, bloodborne memories of ecstasy...

I get hot and cold sweats and I CLENCH!!! just thinking about it :biggrin:

18. D_Crystallized Ginger

you need a thick monster cock soon!!!!!

19. RawDog

Gold Member

Albums:
    Good fucking lord, if it weren't so goddamned creepy, I'd jerk off to your writing. You could be writing about your trip to the grovery, I swear I'd get a hard on.

Ok, now (deep breath) <<sigh>>...

I've noticed on more than one occassion that clenching accompanies more lube being produced. Any idea which one precedes the other? I'm sure if the clenching were involuntary, more of an "I'm so fucking turned on with you inside me I want to feel more of you" clenching, the wetness is first (as in more turned on)? Or does clenching around a thick cock at your entrance somehow squeeze the Batholin's and Skene's glands into producing more of the sweet nectar?

20. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

I've never used lube and never had friction/soreness issues. I prefer not to use it at all.

Draft saved Draft deleted