For a woman, is there such a thing as too much lube?

Embrace69

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
For us, and I do say us because my boyfriend has this problem too but if there's too much wetness we lose sensation. So yes, for us, there is such a thing as too much lube. Usually, we don't use any and are perfectly fine with what we make together naturally.

dirkjesje

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Until two years ago, we never used any lubrication. She was allways wet, when we wanted to have sex. Sometimes her shorties (yes, I find narrow boxer shirts very sexy on a woman) were wet, even that my mind wasn t even thinking in the direction of sex.
Now, for a long period, we struggled during her menopause, and she came up with an answer. Durex. And now she is enjoying sex like before.
Before that - sex was work for her. Now she thanks her doctor that she has given that advice.

RawDog

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Oh, it's nothing too exciting . . . just lots of wet, soppiness :tongue:. I feel like I've been sitting in a permanent wet patch for the last two weeks.

Mmmm. Lovely. I'd say that's plenty exciting!

For what it's worth, it feels like my cock's been soaking in a wet pocket for the same amount of time. <-- I've just posted the experience in a more appropriate thread.

Now, for a long period, we struggled during her menopause, and she came up with an answer. Durex. And now she is enjoying sex like before.
Before that - sex was work for her. Now she thanks her doctor that she has given that advice.

I don't understand. How would using condoms make her enjoy sex more? Unless Durex in Belgium means something else. Really curious now.

pete543

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
My GF likes to use as much artificial lube as possible. I like to avoid it whenever possible, because it takes away from some of my own pleasure. I just like the texture of natural lube better. The artificial stuff just isn't the same.(then again i always use lotion adn not waterbased stuff)

Thegirlforyou

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
My own lube is plenty. Too much decreases sensation to a point because a little friction is good externally but you don't want too much friction as that can lead to cystitis, and who finds that fun? I did briefly try out warming/flavoured/novelty lubes for kicks when I was younger, I just learnt those things give you thrush. Well, me anyway. So all natural for me, my lube/your lube, just not out of a bottle please. I think olive oil would probably be okay though, but have never had need of it. I will add though that I have never been with anyone with enormous girth though.

I asked a guy a while back if I was too wet, and he said no it was perfect. I always assumed it would decrease pleasure, but glad to see reading this thread it is not the case*. Least if there's too much naturally you can always wipe some off.

I drink A LOT of water, be interesting for me to ask if others here with a lot of natural wetness also do?

edit to add* not the case for every guy.

Thegirlforyou

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Mmmm. Lovely. I'd say that's plenty exciting!

For what it's worth, it feels like my cock's been soaking in a wet pocket for the same amount of time. <-- I've just posted the experience in a more appropriate thread.

I don't understand. How would using condoms make her enjoy sex more? Unless Durex in Belgium means something else. Really curious now.

Durex make lube, they also make condoms which have a little surface lube to them, so if you're a bit dry, a condom can make it easier, plus there's the surface of them being smoother than a cock by itself.

RawDog

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My own lube is plenty. Too much decreases sensation to a point because a little friction is good externally...

Sometimes the pressure and bending sensation I feel with my cock through stroking using certain angles circumvents the need to feel friction altogether. I may need some visual examples if this is vague.

...but you don't want too much friction as that can lead to cystitis, and who finds that fun?

I know that girthy cocks can lead to UTIs, so I guess prolonged untreated UTIs can lead to cystitis eventually. Or is my logic flawed?

I think olive oil would probably be okay though, but have never had need of it.

Olive oil can be too thick sometimes. We use a mix of Almond and Vitamin E oil. Works like a charm.

I will add though that I have never been with anyone with enormous girth though.

Not saying I'm enormous, but I've never had any time when it was too wet.

I asked a guy a while back if I was too wet, and he said no it was perfect. I always assumed it would decrease pleasure, but glad to see reading this thread it is not the case*. Least if there's too much naturally you can always wipe some off.

I prefer to lick it off. :smile:

Durex make lube, they also make condoms which have a little surface lube to them, so if you're a bit dry, a condom can make it easier, plus there's the surface of them being smoother than a cock by itself.

Never knew Durex made lube too. Makes sense now. Not sure I agree with condoms being smoother making it an easier surface to work with.

Last edited:

Thegirlforyou

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Sometimes the pressure and bending sensation I feel with my cock through stroking using certain angles circumvents the need to feel friction altogether. I may need some visual examples if this is vague.

I know that girthy cocks can lead to UTIs, so I guess prolonged untreated UTIs can lead to cystitis eventually. Or is my logic flawed?

Olive oil can be too thick sometimes. We use a mix of Almond and Vitamin E oil. Works like a charm.

Not saying I'm enormous, but I've never had any time when it was too wet.

I prefer to lick it off. :smile:

Never knew Durex made lube too. Makes sense now. Not sure I agree with condoms being smoother making it an easier surface to work with.

UTI=cystitis, it's the same thing. The condom thing...I guess they don't have the absorbency that skin does, and they will create a consistency of texture all round whereas penises vary. Each to their own opinion I guess, it's just a theory since I am not the person concerned!

I don't think thicker necessarily means more cystitis, it's a question of dimensions, shape, and the angle as well. A smaller one could rub you raw if it's not a shape that works for you.

VernalTiger

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Funny, I always get drier when using condoms, and experience some irritation. Some of this might be an incompatibility with lube, so I might be better off with a silicone-based product instead. Another factor might be that I don't use condoms with my man, but I do with my playmates. Less emotional closeness = less natural lubrication? maybe...

RawDog

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
UTI=cystitis, it's the same thing.

Ok, I always thought saying cystitis was the same thing as saying interstitial cystitis:

Interstitial cystitis: Symptoms - MayoClinic.com

A friend of mine has IC and her symptoms are far far worse than the "regular" UTI.

The condom thing...I guess they don't have the absorbency that skin does, and they will create a consistency of texture all round whereas penises vary. Each to their own opinion I guess, it's just a theory since I am not the person concerned!

Your theory is about as good as mine. I hate condoms for a variety of reasons, so was intrigued by how condoms from a female perspective could differ.

I don't think thicker necessarily means more cystitis, it's a question of dimensions, shape, and the angle as well. A smaller one could rub you raw if it's not a shape that works for you.

On her UTI thread, Mademoiselle Rouge had an explanation on the whole UTI/sex dynamic I found interesting. For her, it also had to do with urethra size and distance from the opening I believe.

Thegirlforyou

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Ok, I always thought saying cystitis was the same thing as saying interstitial cystitis:

Interstitial cystitis: Symptoms - MayoClinic.com

A friend of mine has IC and her symptoms are far far worse than the "regular" UTI.

Your theory is about as good as mine. I hate condoms for a variety of reasons, so was intrigued by how condoms from a female perspective could differ.

On her UTI thread, Mademoiselle Rouge had an explanation on the whole UTI/sex dynamic I found interesting. For her, it also had to do with urethra size and distance from the opening I believe.

I'm sure it can. But even so not every penis would necessarily cause one person problems. Some are just worse than others. Interstitial cystitis would appear to be a non bacterial condition, kind of a bummer reading about it, but a UTI is still cystitis :p I don't think you can say a 'regular UTI' really having suffered in the past from some horrendous infections, and some not so horrendous, but all very painful/some involving blood, some not. You can get what's known as 'honeymoon cystitis' which is temporary burning when you pee after sex, but this isn't the same as an infection. I have personally never had burning from an infection, only pain.

Huaimek186

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
My wife is post menopause and very dry , she doesnt like lube , prefers that I just use water , which seems to activate her natural juices . I think she prefers more friction with just water .

LilQueenofSpades

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Can too much lube be bad? Well yes and no. Depends on the women i think. Some women are sensitive and experience ph balance issues from lubrication. Problems can arise too if you use lubs w/ sugar or sucrose for intercourse. Some people still aren't aware that flavored lubs are strictly for oral play. I don't mind lub for solo play but never use it for intercourse. I'm too cheap to buy it however and luckily i prefer glass dildos to any other type so i can use a lil jash of cool water anytime i want to get extra slip.