for all men and women, please read

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The current (October 2006) issue of National Geographic has an EXCELLENT article about environmental toxins (including ones that end up in the food supply.) I very strongly urge anyone who can read to find a copy of this one and check it out, thoroughly. The article is called "The Chemicals Within Us." The types of chemicals, where they come from, and what they do in your body are all discussed. It is interesting, and a bit frightening. Can you guess which one is used routinely in almost every shampoo to "improve the texture and consistency"? Which ones can leach out of the plastic bottles your favorite "healthy" bottled water comes in, or how quickly it is absorbed into the water? Which ones mimic estrogen-like compounds and how they get into our bodies?

Ladies, just because it is "estrogen-like" doesn't mean it's safe for you. Ever heard of DES? Men, do you know what bisphenols can do once you ingest them? Find out.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thanks, Ed. It may have a bit of an alarmist slant to it, but it is solid science. The liberal use of DDT way back when is still having its ill effects, and was thought to be fairly safe at the time. Hundreds of thousands of other, and new, chemicals are piling up around us, with their effects not yet fully understood. Others are just shrugged at, with the experts saying "well, nothing we can really do now." We should all do what we can to limit our exposure, and it's not that difficult to do. Some of it can't be avoided, some of it can. Your choice.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
hootie said:
This information has been around for years now. One of the most alarming is it causes smaller males with much smaller genitalia.
Some of it has been around for years, some has not.

Neurological and hepatic damage seems to be a common theme in many of these pollutant types. Smaller genitals? Yes, definitely a cause for some concern. If that is more alarming to you than some of the other effects, you have a very strange perspective on life.

sassy Lisa

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have always had my suspisions but never thought to be right. We use a birth control that even after I stopped using it, I was unable to get pregnat for a year after wards. I am always reading labels because I have both chemical and natural allergies that can be quite painful if I break out in a rash. I guess I should thank my lucky stars for such an ailment, it keeps me away from alot of the bad stuff out there.