For all the serious swimmers out there

dv8edthots: I usually go with the traditional speedo squarecut drag trainer or just a regular speedo (although I have to be careful about the style and size or the bulge leads to a little over exposure, not that I mind a little exhibitionism from time to time, but not when I'm trying to exercise).

I was wondering if anyone's tried any of the new "high tech" gear that's out there (the ones you see guys wearing during college and olympic competitions)?

I know they probably provide better "containment," but I was wondering if they're too restricting because I don't want to be uncomfortable when I swim.

Thanks to all who respond ;)

sflatintop

Sexy Member
Media
The jammer style is pretty good for containment, but the ones by Speedo are definitely compressive, the ones by Nike a little less so. If your legs are pretty big, they might leave some marks. The Speedo squarecut is what I use now, but it's not what is usually sold under that description, it's pretty hard to find and the fit is not that great for me. Kastawayswimwear.com carries it, they call it a "polyester square leg," and can get it to you in a couple of weeks. The high-performance stuff is not meant for everyday use: those $150 suits generally are worn for one or two competitions. It takes a bit of trial and error to find what works for you; I'm still pretty open to trying new stuff, as I'm not quite happy with what I'm using now.

bigstr8bulge

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Originally posted by sflatintop@Jan 27 2005, 03:39 AM
The jammer style is pretty good for containment, but the ones by Speedo are definitely compressive, the ones by Nike a little less so. If your legs are pretty big, they might leave some marks. The Speedo squarecut is what I use now, but it's not what is usually sold under that description, it's pretty hard to find and the fit is not that great for me. Kastawayswimwear.com carries it, they call it a "polyester square leg," and can get it to you in a couple of weeks. The high-performance stuff is not meant for everyday use: those $150 suits generally are worn for one or two competitions. It takes a bit of trial and error to find what works for you; I'm still pretty open to trying new stuff, as I'm not quite happy with what I'm using now.
[post=277872]Quoted post[/post]​

While I haven't tried the new stuff, I hear it does compress a bit too much. I stick with traditional speedo; I've always worn it, it's what I'm used to (swim and water polo in HS, WP in college). Yeah, it shows a ton, but hey, u've gotta be used to it by now. Those high tech suits are expensive and I don't see the point when I got plenty of speedos I can wear and am just swimmin laps and WP non-competitive these days. Have enjoyed the stares since 12, will continue to do so. B)

ceg1526

Experimental Member
Media
Traditional speedo here. I've worn them since I was 12. If you swim with the same people for a long time, they tend to get used to your bulge after a while and forget how big you are. Meets are another story however....

Take care,

Ceg

crewkid

Experimental Member
Media
Arena makes a good suit, they are usually cost more than speedo, tyr, dolphin, etc. Great suit, they are designed to be tight, depending on the color they can hide or show off more. My team wore red which seemed to highlight my size. I have worn many suits and always go back to arena, if you plan to race i high recommend Arean.

lighthouse: Drag suits are the best if you don't want to be too 'obvious'.

H2Opolo is tough because the suit needs to be snug enough not to be pulled off. I'd usually use nylon (because it lasts longer) about 1-2 sizes too large & tie the string tight. When my lycra/nylon suits got transparent (why does this always happen in the crack?), I use them underneath to keep everything in place.

Watchout if the team makes a bulk purchase of Turbo suits. Make sure you try one on before ordering. Whoever designed those things definitely is not packing much downstairs.

bigsam

Just Browsing
Media
I love my Tyr compression style shorts...I used to have problems with traditional speedos. However when swimming in high school I had to go with the team suit because it was "uniform". One brand (I'm not sure if they are even still in existance) are The Finalist suits...I will never wear one of those again. I actually ripped one before a meet while still in the locker room, and was hoping the other would hold out for the event I was swimming (had to be the 500). They are not very well made.

kozmik

Just Browsing
Media
Originally posted by dv8edthots@Jan 27 2005, 08:30 AM
I usually go with the traditional speedo squarecut drag trainer or just a regular speedo (although I have to be careful about the style and size or the bulge leads to a little over exposure, not that I mind a little exhibitionism from time to time, but not when I'm trying to exercise).

I was wondering if anyone's tried any of the new "high tech" gear that's out there (the ones you see guys wearing during college and olympic competitions)?

I know they probably provide better "containment," but I was wondering if they're too restricting because I don't want to be uncomfortable when I swim.

Thanks to all who respond ;)
[post=277857]Quoted post[/post]​

I play water polo and i swim. The speedos are fine on me. then again im not over 10 inches like you. Im 7.5x5.5, the buldge looks just fine tho, ive had some compliments.

nudepaul

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I swim 5 days a week at the local college pool and use a regular speedo. Tried to use a compression suit but my thighs are too big. Yes, there is a big bulge but everyone has gotten used to it. Just can't stand floppy suits when getting in my mile.

Calcium

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I prefer a jammer, because I practice using a normal pair of trunks as a drag suit. The jammer makes me feel like I don' thave as much drag. This season, though, I'm wearing a normal speedo for competition and it's kind of annoying when I have to pull the back around to cover more of my ass and my pubes sometimes stick out the top and side. I guess I should trim, though.

jporkins

1st Like
Media
I wear a jammer w/ a normal drag (trunks) over it during pratice, and just a jammer during meets. For big meets like conference that I shave for I usually change into a speedo, or for meets over the summer I'll wear a speedo about half the time. For the other mets I wear a jammer w/ drag (not trunks, its a small speedos shaped drag, but baggy.... my team is the only one that ive ever seen wear that type of suite. For water polo practice i wear the normal jammer w/ trunks (dont care if ppl pull on it during practice) but for meets i wear a speedo & the smaller drag i was talking about. It prolly gives them a little they can use for leverage, but its not much. As for compression suites I've never worn one, but have heard of ppl actually passing out while wearing them, so i can't imagine them being too comfortable.

Overall I'd say a jammer is the most comfortable. The material is fairly elastic so its not too tight at all. I used to wear speedos during practiced but switched to jammers bout two years ago cause theyre more comfortable.

jporkins

1st Like
Media
I wear a jammer w/ a normal drag (trunks) over it during pratice, and just a jammer during meets. For big meets like conference that I shave for I usually change into a speedo, or for meets over the summer I'll wear a speedo about half the time. For the other mets I wear a jammer w/ drag (not trunks, its a small speedos shaped drag, but baggy.... my team is the only one that ive ever seen wear that type of suite. For water polo practice i wear the normal jammer w/ trunks (dont care if ppl pull on it during practice) but for meets i wear a speedo & the smaller drag i was talking about. It prolly gives them a little they can use for leverage, but its not much. As for compression suites I've never worn one, but have heard of ppl actually passing out while wearing them, so i can't imagine them being too comfortable.

Overall I'd say a jammer is the most comfortable. The material is fairly elastic so its not too tight at all. I used to wear speedos during practiced but switched to jammers bout two years ago cause theyre more comfortable.

Latinoboy9

Loved Member
Media
I like tiny Hom suits myself and its really fun to pack my bikini with my cock and balls and sometimes people think I am hard but its really just normal bulge but if I should get hard in these there is really no place for my nine to hide...