For all you Mature or older LPSGians

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by vibrationzzz, Nov 30, 2011.

1. vibrationzzz

Gold Member

Albums:
    Sir Francis Chinchester circumnavigated the globe solo in a small yacht, 1967, at the age of 64, with no help from sat nav or back up ships. I remember this feat from primary school days. He was also a great aviator. So, next time you are thinking 30, 40, 50, or 60 years of age is too old, think of what this guy did. You're never too old.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Chichester

#1 vibrationzzz, Nov 30, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  2. parchissi

Gold Member

Well thankyou for that - now when someone says "old man" to me - I will tell them about Sir Francis Chinchester and hopefully that will set them str8!!! Cheers.

3. vibrationzzz

Gold Member

Albums:
    Well, if it does not set them straight, ya have to wonder what he took with him on that little boat to keep ye urges at bay, maybe, it coulda been....Tom Of Finlands sketches, to keep the old salt happy:)

Not to jest heartily with a yo ho ho...but it was no mean feat from the old bugga.

4. Drifterwood

Gold Member

Chichester not Chinchester :tongue:. You got some oldtimers going on there, Vibrationzzzzzz?

5. vibrationzzz

Gold Member

Albums:
    Eh sonny....? Yeah I know, just could not be bothered going through the rigmaroll to fix it up. You got the jist anyways. Fantastic life he led. Mr ChiCHester :)

6. B_Hickboy

B_Hickboy New Member

Too old? I know I'm not too old, and am not inclined to listen to the opinion of anyone other than a doctor regarding my fitness.

And I don't need Chichester as an example. of what "old" people can do.

7. lady loves large

Albums:
    Thanks for the additional affirmation that I am just getting better with age. I feel like I am just getting started, no where near finishing. :smile:

8. vibrationzzz

Gold Member

Albums:
    You might not need it, or I for that matter, but I'm not 64.......yet. One of the reasons why I posted is that I remember this feat from primary school days, as a young person, a child. Also I posted the wiki link, and if people had taken an interest, he was diagnosed with terminal cancer in 1958 (something I didn't know) ...since there have been a few posts from members feeling concerned by their health outlook of late, it might have been a little bolster for them. So maybe he is an example for the young, the aged, and the unwell. People will get out of it what they want, or none at all if they wish.

#8 vibrationzzz, Dec 1, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
Draft saved Draft deleted