For guys who were circumcised later in life.

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Were you circumcised without your knowledge or did you consent to it?

I've heard stories about where guys (well it happens more with boys) where they go to the hospital for something such as having their apendix removed, and the doctor also would circumcise them without the guy/boys knowledge and without parental consent.

Anyone have any info on this?
It could be argued that I consented. Keep in mind that I was heavily sedated at the time and was flat on my back as I signed consent waivers left and right(considering the injuries to my hands this was not that easy a task) all while worrying if I'd survive the sugery as it had been described to me. The doctors explained to me why it was going to be done if it was done. The other option would have involved sutures and pulling (I had already destroyed a portion of skin which would have to be cut away). It seemed wise at the time, and looking back, I have no regrets.

No, I take that back, they didn't let me keep my removed foreskin for my scrap book.:eek:

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Another question that came up after my last post:

7. Frenulum keep or remove?
If you're going to get cut, you'll have to be realistic and say goodbye to your frenulum.

The frenulum is attached to the frenar band and most circ's remove the frenar band and so the frenulum would have to be reattached somewhere else. You'll have a hard time finding a surgeon willing to do such reattachment.

B_Carlo8180

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It would be a BIG mistake too loose your frenulum if you do decide to get it done, unless you have a preexisting problem with it. Is it tight when you pull the foreskin back? It is an ejaculatory receptor and as i'm sure you know can be very pleasurable. It might be worth having a cut guy who kept his frenum give you an opinion though. Mine is gone.

Have you had a discussion about the style of cut you would like? It's up to you, but if you just want to loose the hoodie in order to resolve your inital problem, but try to preserve the most sensitive inner skin, you will want to tell the doctor to take off more shaft skin then foreskin and to keep your frenum. They also need to put in addition cuts to remove the frenum, which means additional scaring a the possibility of nerve damage. This is something you definitely want to do a lot of research on and talking to others.

I've seen some guys that get ALL of the foreskin cut off up to the head, leaving nothing at all. I don't know about you, but i couldn't come from only head stimulation alone.

I look at it this way... once it's gone... it's gone. If you get it done and they take off too much, theres not going back. If you keep as much of the foreskin and frenum as possible and you want to change it later, they can always take more off.

Measure twice, cut once. :wink: It's as true for your cock as it is for wood working.

No, I haven't talked with a urologist about circumcision yet. I'm still not sure I want to to that way and I'm still experimenting with permanent retraction. But, due to my getting balanitis several times my insurance will pay for a circumcision now. If I wait, they might not.

The frenulum issue came up in the research I did. Some say absolutely to get rid of it others say absolutely not to. So that would be a big decision to make before moving ahead.

vindicator

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I suggest you talk to someone who is cut but still has their frenum to get their experience. There are several members on this board who still have it. You might want to talk to justcurious80. He had some posts about it in the past. He also has pictures of what it looks like done. It might be a good idea for you to IM him and see if he can add anything.

XTube Photo Set

Previous discussions:
http://www.lpsg.org/16409-frenulum.html
http://www.lpsg.org/66842-frenulum.html

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Carlo's profile now shows "banned" ... I'm not sure of a reason.

Anyway I was rather pleased with many of the responses to items 3 and 4 [masturbate, have sex]. The conventional wisdom I've read is to abstain 6 weeks. That appears to be conservative in light of those saying a few weeks.

------

Note to matt121:

I've read firsthand accounts of guys having combo-surgery and for most of the instances they didn't know in advance that a circ. was part of the deal. I don't recall any who stated their parents didn't know in advance.

B_The Greek Dude

Experimental Member
Media
The conventional wisdom I've read is to abstain 6 weeks. That appears to be conservative in light of those saying a few weeks.

That's the theoretical information for how long it would take to fully heal. Many men who have it done start gently masturbating (stimulating only the head) as soon as the stitches are out (middle of the second week), and they can start having full-on sex at the 3 week mark. It takes about another week in order for it to look a little less "fresh." Finally, you can't tell the different from an at-birth procedure at the 5-6 week mark.

From everybody i've asked about it, the worst part is the first two days, before the dressing comes off. . .but then again, that's why they give you prescription narcotics. lol

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I was surprised by Carlo's ban. I recall nothing in the threads to indicate a reason. He was polite in all the posts I remember. I figure it's something not visible to us.

Some of the others -- BNDkpt, Major... -- I can make a fair guess.