For Single Men

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by B_blueonblue1964, Jun 29, 2011.

1. B_blueonblue1964

B_blueonblue1964 New Member

A rather simple question for all you single men---Would you rather be in a stable, long-term, monogamous relationship, or would you rather be single? :confused:

2. PerfectlySexy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I'd rather be happy with whatever comes along. For the last couple of years the relationships with the women I've dated have been fun and casual and I have had no desire to turn them into anything else (like "stable, long-term, monogamous"). But if a person came along who I felt like having that sort of relationship with that would be cool too. But being "single and dating" is working well for me right now.

3. redbear52

redbear52 New Member

I have been married for 30 years come this August. Sure, I think about other women sometimes and fantasize about being single. But I have 2 beautiful daughters who would not exist had I not married.

And I don't particularly relish the idea of growing old alone. It is easy to ignore that possibility when you are young and attractive, but even if your looks do not fade terribly, you will inevitably become less attractive to the opposite sex as you get older.

If you live, that is.

4. claddagh

claddagh Member

I would rather be in a long term MONOGAMOUS relationship than either being single or being in an open relationship. I don't mind being alone, but I also enjoy having someone to come home and talk to at the end of the day and to share my life with. If the relationship wasn't monogamous I'd rather be single. Sex is special to me and doesn't usually occur before the third date with someone, and I think it's better once you get to know that person. So if we weren't monogamous, I'd rather be alone.

5. rbkwp

Gold Member

Albums:
    Found..
    Relationships were fine at the time
    Got to work at em obviously, even in them found myself treasuring any and all alone time
    Certainly dont miss a relationship now
    Been more than content for about 12 years, definitly by choice i can tell you that, will be solo for far & beyond
    .... & into the next phase for sure...ha
    enz
    ps. be nice if you let us know where your at OP
    Thanks.?

6. B_Bjen2848

B_Bjen2848 New Member

7. Pendlum

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I'd like to know what a long term relationship is actually like. But I'm still happy now.

8. Catharsis

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    For the moment, being single is fine with me - I'm much more concerned with establishing and settling into my own life, first.

Eventually, though, I think I would prefer being in a relationship. If the woman is right, then I want it to be completely monogamous. I think it's a shame that people are marrying and divorcing so often these days, I just don't think people marry for love any more.

Not to say that everyone does this, and I'll give exception to cases that are often unbeknownst to the other partner.

9. Endued

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Relationship. Haven't been in one for well over a year, and erm, yeah. Much prefer it to being single.

10. Pitbull

Gold Member

stable, long-term, monogamous relationship

but

it has to be a good one

some
    stable, long-term, monogamous relationships just suck

11. xmarksbreakdownx

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm currently single, and I LOVE it. Sometimes I think about being in an actual relationship, and that kind of stuff but the bottom line is, I don't want to be bothered. I enjoy being alone in my house, and can't imange sharing it with anyone else (...other than my family, I currently live at home, but taking steps to be out on my own).

When I get lonely I have friends I hang out with, which I'd honestly rather do than a girlfriend. And yes, there are those "certian needs" that I have every now and then, but I can take care of them myself.

Honestly, the only things that would make my life perfect right now would be advancing in my job so I can comfortably afford my own place, and a fuck buddy for those times when I need "some"...

12. D_Sam Rockswell

D_Sam Rockswell New Member

monogamous, stable and long term of course. Gotta say though that the more i read about our generation and its wants the more i begin to lose faith in the idea of finding it. Seems a lot of people are opting to wait until their 30's or 40's to "settle down".

13. D_Humper E Bogart

D_Humper E Bogart New Member

Single. If I wanted to die so badly, there are many, many ways.

14. musclecubftl

musclecubftl New Member

Albums:
    ummm -you asked this question to MEN - of course the answer is BOTH :biggrin1:

15. B_RedDude

B_RedDude New Member

At this point in my life, single. Why don't you make it a poll, blue?

Draft saved Draft deleted