For The 30 Main Members Here

Pappy

Media
novice_btm said:
Yeah, but if you DON'T take the time to create the "perfect" post, would you really want to suffer the wrath of Alex8? :wink:

My post are far from "perfect" but I can say that I have never experienced this "wrath" of Alex8. Alex, you holding out on me???

Chuck64

Experimental Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Alex8 said:
Sprinkle on some chopped sun-dried tomatoes and mozzarella, and you'll never know the difference, anyway. :rolleyes:

Here's proof that there is no filtering of the information available on the internet, ...

Earthworm Chow

1 c. earthworms
1/2 lg. onion, chopped
1/2 c. water
1 bouillon cube
1 c. yogurt or sour cream
3 tbsp. butter
1/2 c. mushrooms
Whole wheat flour

Wash earthworms thoroughly and place in boiling water for three minutes. Pour off water and repeat the boiling process twice. Bake on cookie sheet at 350 degrees F. for 15 minutes. Roll the worms in flour, brown in butter, add salt to taste. Add bouillon and simmer for 30 minutes. Saute onions and mushrooms in butter. Add onions and mushrooms to the worms. Stir in sour cream or yogurt. Serve over rice or noodles.

Most people shudder at the mention of earthworms for food, but they are 97 percent protein and one of the most available and healthful foods outside your door.

tallguypns

Sexy Member
Media
Pensacola, Florida, United States of America
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Chuck64 said:
Here's proof that there is no filtering of the information available on the internet, ...

Earthworm Chow

1 c. earthworms
1/2 lg. onion, chopped
1/2 c. water
1 bouillon cube
1 c. yogurt or sour cream
3 tbsp. butter
1/2 c. mushrooms
Whole wheat flour

Wash earthworms thoroughly and place in boiling water for three minutes. Pour off water and repeat the boiling process twice. Bake on cookie sheet at 350 degrees F. for 15 minutes. Roll the worms in flour, brown in butter, add salt to taste. Add bouillon and simmer for 30 minutes. Saute onions and mushrooms in butter. Add onions and mushrooms to the worms. Stir in sour cream or yogurt. Serve over rice or noodles.

Most people shudder at the mention of earthworms for food, but they are 97 percent protein and one of the most available and healthful foods outside your door.

This recipe sounds positively delicious, except for the mushrooms. Why would anyone want to eat mushrooms in this recipe. Mushrooms grow in the dark moist earthy places. They're practically living right in the dirt in fact. I'll have my earthworms without mushrooms please.

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Pappy said:
My post are far from "perfect" but I can say that I have never experienced this "wrath" of Alex8. Alex, you holding out on me???
Yeah, eye'm uh-frayed of Aleks, sew eye make my posts purrfikt four him.
________
Rule #1: I do NOT get spanked.
Rule #2: Alex8 is exempt from Rule #1, and allowed to spank me, in the event of an imperfect posting.
:bootyshake: :spankme:

Chuck64

Experimental Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Glad I could help. If you need any more appetite suppressants, I've got a digital camera. I'll be glad to snap some less-than-flatering pictures and e-mail you.

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Chuck64 said:

Next time I go outside my door, I'll marvel at how they reached the second floor of the building. :rolleyes:

dickman45885

Sexy Member
Media
I do not post frequently, and have recvd several pm's regarding on various topics/issues. I have not felt anything but welcome here. If you feel less then welcome maybe it is what you post and the way you are percieved. Oh well, that is just my take.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Stronzo said:
*snip*Bronxy is lovely. But she doesn't contradict much so she's bound to be liked immediately. *snip

Thank you, Stronzo for the compliment. I will have to disagree about your assesment that I am not contradictory. (I'm contradicting you now, in fact.) I can't tell you how many of my almost 400 posts begin with, "I don't know about that." or "I disagree!" Plenty. What's more, I don't always play nice when I disagree. Including the time I said Judith's mother should have swallowed the night she was conceived (which is just awful, and I recently apologized) I would say I've been downright nasty at times. The difference is, my default mode is not an unpleasant one. I am charasmatic and friendly be default, sarcastic and ill-tempered on occasion.

Judith is condescending, self-righteous, and bigoted by default, and that was something that consistently came through. I noticed something else. I saw a bit of my past self in her. If you go through her post history, you can see that she comes to a point where she is tired of feeling like she doesn't belong. You can see her adjusting her personality on different posts, trying to figure out what will go over best. There are other posters just as self-important as Judith, just as condescending who stay true to themselves at all times. I don't like them at all. But I know what to depend on from them, and I respect them for respecting themselves, and for their consistency. Anyway, as a kid, I was like Judith, constantly trying to figure out what kind of personality I could put on as a front to gain wider acceptance and peace from my bullies. In high school, when I got my first chance to start over, I decided to be myself. Instant popularity. One of those freshman girls singled out by upperclassmen boys and girls alike, invited to most of the cool parties and protected from potential social embarrasment. The lesson in that is always be true to yourself. When you don't feel accepted, you can stay and be happy on the fringes, or go and be happy somewhere else, but always be yourself. One of Judith's mistakes was failing at that. We can all learn from this.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
BronxBombshell said:
Thank you, Stronzo for the compliment. I will have to disagree about your assesment that I am not contradictory. (I'm contradicting you now, in fact.) I can't tell you how many of my almost 400 posts begin with, "I don't know about that." or "I disagree!" Plenty. What's more, I don't always play nice when I disagree. Including the time I said Judith's mother should have swallowed the night she was conceived (which is just awful, and I recently apologized) I would say I've been downright nasty at times. The difference is, my default mode is not an unpleasant one. I am charasmatic and friendly be default, sarcastic and ill-tempered on occasion.

Judith is condescending, self-righteous, and bigoted by default, and that was something that consistently came through. I noticed something else. I saw a bit of my past self in her. If you go through her post history, you can see that she comes to a point where she is tired of feeling like she doesn't belong. You can see her adjusting her personality on different posts, trying to figure out what will go over best. There are other posters just as self-important as Judith, just as condescending who stay true to themselves at all times. I don't like them at all. But I know what to depend on from them, and I respect them for respecting themselves, and for their consistency. Anyway, as a kid, I was like Judith, constantly trying to figure out what kind of personality I could put on as a front to gain wider acceptance and peace from my bullies. In high school, when I got my first chance to start over, I decided to be myself. Instant popularity. One of those freshman girls singled out by upperclassmen boys and girls alike, invited to most of the cool parties and protected from potential social embarrasment. The lesson in that is always be true to yourself. When you don't feel accepted, you can stay and be happy on the fringes, or go and be happy somewhere else, but always be yourself. One of Judith's mistakes was failing at that. We can all learn from this.

Aww Bronxy, you always tell it like it is. I feel like I am watching one of those Feel good specials on tv.
I like any bronxy you throw my way, as each is unique, and worth the read:rolleyes:

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
madame_zora said:
People get what they give here for the most part. It really isn't all that hard to make friends if you act like that's your goal. The thing is, love takes time and too often people expect, nearly demand instant love, and that's just not going to happen.

What some people perceive as a clique is more accurately a level of respect earned through communication.

True !

Sam1070

Experimental Member
Media
From one who posts very infrequently, let me just say that this board would be a very dull place without the posting of "the 30 - or is it, 32". I keep coming back here because I enjoy the posts. I never joined in 2004 to fit in, or to be accepted. I could care less. I joined because I enjoy the place.

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Curious. I had search4bp on my "ignore" list. Something like that would certainly cut down on the repartee.

Someone must have posted something irrepressibly drab and awful, as that's the only way to get on the list. I certainly don't remember what, though.

It's not all that relevant to the matter at hand, as I'm not a main member ....

"... and there was great rejoicing."

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
search4bp said:
....you probably use a filter, lol.

You don't need educated people here to make it a more worthwhile site for yourself

"Lol" is not generally a reliable indicator that an educated person is at the keyboard. It's spelled "lol" but it's pronounced "dumb kid".

I'd like to see a script which would automatically add anyone to my "ignore" list if he posts dumb stuff like "lol".

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
BronxBombshell said:
Thank you, Stronzo for the compliment.

My pleasure. It's been my perception of you.

I will have to disagree about your assesment that I am not contradictory. (I'm contradicting you now, in fact.) I can't tell you how many of my almost 400 posts begin with, "I don't know about that." or "I disagree!" Plenty. What's more, I don't always play nice when I disagree. Including the time I said Judith's mother should have swallowed the night she was conceived (which is just awful, and I recently apologized) I would say I've been downright nasty at times. The difference is, my default mode is not an unpleasant one. I am charasmatic and friendly be default, sarcastic and ill-tempered on occasion....

You're very brave to charactize yourself Bronxy. I'll grant you your courage in doing so. I'd never deign to call myself anything akin to 'charasmatic' [sic] since I'll leave that to those who critique me firsthand .. those who can see my face as I articulate rather than simply imagine my intent behind a type-written word or sentence.

Here's my experience with you:

I've never had you be overtly dismissive or snide to me. And I have never been on the receiving end of any unkindness from you Bronxy so I go only on that... If you're kind to me I'll return the serve. 'Nasty' is good I guess. But direct and convicted is better for me. And why you were brought into this specifically as an example by the mod who used you in that frame of reference is unknown to me. Perhaps you're simply more likeable than many because of the way you're perceived. But I maintain perception isn't always necessarily reality. Maybe you're just a "better person":rolleyes: ... who knows.

Seeing the potential for similar scrutiny to that endured by the late Judith, I'll simply say that I don't care whether people think I'm "nice" or not. I like who I like in here and those guys know who they are. I'm in pm contact with those people often. I can count roughly 4 people on this board whose opinion I truly value and to whom I always pay strict attention when I read their posts. Beyond that however, I think Judith is no better or worse than anyone else in here. I think she made the fatal mistake of saying precisely how she felt and that's some unpardonable sin I guess. There's an undercurrent of negative reverse snobbery I'm detecting (from some posters) on the board and though Judith was very in your face about her level of education and her overt (false?) sense of self I suspect many are a trifle anti-intellectual truth be known. I know that I can come across as cold and haughty when in truth I've been told by those who know me personally that I'm not how they'd perceived me from my writing. I was trained differently than many that's all. And I saw in Judith vulnerability that was pretty clear cut. It certainly wouldn't have taken much to acknowledge her. I wish I had when she complimented some post I'd made.

Indeed I think it was you, Bronxy, who once posted that we (we posters) were a largely middle class group (surely I paraphrase) but I think that's the gist of it. Well some aren't bourgeois or middle class and they have as much right on this board as anyone else.

Judith is condescending, self-righteous, and bigoted by default, and that was something that consistently came through.
I mentioned, too, that I thought she was a bit condescending. What are you exactly trying to get across that's not already been covered in my commentary regarding Judith?

I noticed something else. I saw a bit of my past self in her. If you go through her post history, you can see that she comes to a point where she is tired of feeling like she doesn't belong. You can see her adjusting her personality on different posts, trying to figure out what will go over best.
Many have gone to no small effort to dissect Judith's personality. To me it's futile and a bit like drawing and quartering someone. How many posts did the girl have? Eighty? Wow. I think we can relegate her to the garbage bin post haste. That'll take care of her all right.

There are other posters just as self-important as Judith, just as condescending who stay true to themselves at all times. I don't like them at all. But I know what to depend on from them, and I respect them for respecting themselves, and for their consistency.
We're in agreement here.

Anyway, as a kid, I was like Judith, constantly trying to figure out what kind of personality I could put on as a front to gain wider acceptance and peace from my bullies. In high school, when I got my first chance to start over, I decided to be myself. Instant popularity. One of those freshman girls singled out by upperclassmen boys and girls alike, invited to most of the cool parties and protected from potential social embarrasment. The lesson in that is always be true to yourself. When you don't feel accepted, you can stay and be happy on the fringes, or go and be happy somewhere else, but always be yourself. One of Judith's mistakes was failing at that. We can all learn from this.

Yes I concur. Your explanation of your own experience is interesting but I don't think, of necessity, everyone is to learn from only your example. I'm learning from Judith's too. I've said that I think we can learn, too, from her presence (and her departure) here. But what we all glean from Judith is as different as each one of us. Here's to the individuality that is each LPSG member.

I'll repeat this again: I think Judith was too overtly self-aggrandizing upon entry.. and again upon departure from this site. But I think she's been picked apart and vilified unnecessarily. I find it grossly unkind and rather telling by those who've made it their cause célèbre to basically say "don't let the doorknob hit you in the ass..." I thought better of many who've just about said that.

See? Again, we learn.

Webster

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
alex8 said:
Next time I go outside my door, I'll marvel at how they reached the second floor of the building. :rolleyes:
___________________________________-
I have a deck that's 3 floors up and I'm in a constant battle to stop the proliferation of SLUGS in my plants.....

Webster

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Stronzo said:
My pleasure. It's been my perception of you.

You're very brave to charactize yourself Bronxy. I'll grant you your courage in doing so. I'd never deign to call myself anything akin to 'charasmatic' [sic] since I'll leave that to those who critique me firsthand .. those who can see my face as I articulate rather than simply imagine my intent behind a type-written word or sentence.

Here's my experience with you:

I've never had you be overtly dismissive or snide to me. And I have never been on the receiving end of any unkindness from you Bronxy so I go only on that... If you're kind to me I'll return the serve. 'Nasty' is good I guess. But direct and convicted is better for me. And why you were brought into this specifically as an example by the mod who used you in that frame of reference is unknown to me. Perhaps you're simply more likeable than many because of the way you're perceived. But I maintain perception isn't always necessarily reality. Maybe you're just a "better person":rolleyes: ... who knows.

Seeing the potential for similar scrutiny to that endured by the late Judith, I'll simply say that I don't care whether people think I'm "nice" or not. I like who I like in here and those guys know who they are. I'm in pm contact with those people often. I can count roughly 4 people on this board whose opinion I truly value and to whom I always pay strict attention when I read their posts. Beyond that however, I think Judith is no better or worse than anyone else in here. I think she made the fatal mistake of saying precisely how she felt and that's some unpardonable sin I guess. There's an undercurrent of negative reverse snobbery I'm detecting (from some posters) on the board and though Judith was very in your face about her level of education and her overt (false?) sense of self I suspect many are a trifle anti-intellectual truth be known. I know that I can come across as cold and haughty when in truth I've been told by those who know me personally that I'm not how they'd perceived me from my writing. I was trained differently than many that's all. And I saw in Judith vulnerability that was pretty clear cut. It certainly wouldn't have taken much to acknowledge her. I wish I had when she complimented some post I'd made.

Indeed I think it was you, Bronxy, who once posted that we (we posters) were a largely middle class group (surely I paraphrase) but I think that's the gist of it. Well some aren't bourgeois or middle class and they have as much right on this board as anyone else.

I mentioned, too, that I thought she was a bit condescending. What are you exactly trying to get across that's not already been covered in my commentary regarding Judith?

Many have gone to no small effort to dissect Judith's personality. To me it's futile and a bit like drawing and quartering someone. How many posts did the girl have? Eighty? Wow. I think we can relegate her to the garbage bin post haste. That'll take care of her all right.

We're in agreement here.

Yes I concur. Your explanation of your own experience is interesting but I don't think, of necessity, everyone is to learn from only your example. I'm learning from Judith's too. I've said that I think we can learn, too, from her presence (and her departure) here. But what we all glean from Judith is as different as each one of us. Here's to the individuality that is each LPSG member.

I'll repeat this again: I think Judith was too overtly self-aggrandizing upon entry.. and again upon departure from this site. But I think she's been picked apart and vilified unnecessarily. I find it grossly unkind and rather telling by those who've made it their cause célèbre to basically say "don't let the doorknob hit you in the ass..." I thought better of many who've just about said that.

See? Again, we learn.

Thanks Stronzo for yet another inciteful and compassionate post.

I feel sorry for the people who struggle to "fit in" or "belong", marveling at the people who make it look so easy.
Judith's snide exit post was an obvious expression of that kind of frustration.

edit: I just went back and read through some of Judith's posts. She does tend to rant....

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Stronzo. It was only the very begining of my post which was in reference to your own post. The rest was just more of my own speculation about all of the posts in this thread, and Judith's sudden departure, and how people are treated here. It was pure speculation, especially comparing some of my perceptions of Judith's behavior to my own as an adolescent. I further wasn't sayinng that my experience was the only one to draw a lesson from, but the contrast and comparison of my experience and my perception of Judith's struggle to fit in here. In fact, most of what I wrote was an answer to Lex's question- the one which prompted you to mention me in the first place.

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Webster said:
___________________________________-
I have a deck that's 3 floors up and I'm in a constant battle to stop the proliferation of SLUGS in my plants.....

I guess you could always exchange the worms in Chuck's recipe for slugs, if you really want. :yuck:

... if I find either creature has to discovered a way to get through two floors of solid stonework, though, I'm definitely moving. :rolleyes: