For the foodies

iluv2xlr8

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thanks a lot for the suggestions. The past few days I have taken to watching the food network more. Good Eats is my new obsession. lol.

B_prettyswinggirl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
My mom's first cookbook was Joy of Cooking and it's now mine. Many easy recipes and many that you can't find anymore like seven minute icing, yum! Very easy steps. Now if you want to try more exotic dishes the online food network library actually has all of the recipes ever prepared on the shows with stars to show the difficulty and clips to show you how to whip or fold, etc... and it also has reviews that various people leave who've tried to make the recipes. I loved it! Set up the laptop in the kitchen and cook away!

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Gordon Ramsey's chocolate fondants (like chocolate cake, but with a runny middle) would be a GREAT dessert for this. Fondants are notoriously hard to cook BUT GR's seem to come out right EVERY time. They are dead easy to make - the only hard bit is deciding when to take them out of the oven. I've even tried overcooking them just to see what they'd be like, and even overcooked they are still a DELICIOUS chocolate cake (rather than a fondant). So don't tell your guest what you're making for dessert until it's cooked, and if you get it wrong, just tell them the dessert is chocolate CAKE.

Here's a link to the fondants:

Chocolate fondant recipe - Recipes - BBC Good Food

I serve it without the caramel sauce and with cream instead of icecream.

B_curiousme01

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Better Homes and Gardens cookbook! My mom got this for me for my 24th birthday, the last one she would be alive to see. It was her first cookbook when she married my father nearly 50 years ago. They update it regularly. It's healthy, easy, tasty, and has lots of good staple meals in it.

BHG New Cook Book 12th Edition - Ringbound

I agree. This was my first cookbook and although it's in parts and pieces, I still have it and use it now and then. The good thing about the book is that it is very easy to read, the ingredients are easy to find, great selection, and the recipes are always tasty. Great book for beginners.

flame boy

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The two cook books I swear by are The Betty Crocker Cookbook and Delia Smith's Complete Cookery Course. With these two books you can't really go far wrong, they cover loads of different types of food and both have an abundance of simple and delicious recipes. I also make good use of Jamie Olivers website as well as Cooks.com which has some awesome recipes from regular people.